It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To you who say that "God is dead."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mrphilosophias

Just no and please understand that just because you have been taught what God is doesn't mean the people whom taught you were right about God.
It is good you are happy with your club but don't preach to us whom have chosen a different path to yours.
Heck you are just bleating and preaching without even disscussing what others have said so can you see why people instantly get turned off by your posts?. It isn't because they are godless heathens it is just that other folk do not accept what other people tell us them about God because your version is just a guess, a guess by men made 2000 years ago.
No one needs religion to find God because God is in you already.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Let me ask you all a question if I may. Answer me if you have wisdom. If I were to scrutinize the physiological and anatomical structures and systems of the Human body where would I find that which we call 'life'?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thus says the LORD:

22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

edit on 16-6-2014 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

No. Thus it is claimed Solomon said that. Thus thou thee thine and lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Do you know what life is? It is light. Without life there would be no light and vice versa. What does your book call God?

1 John 1
5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So God is light and life. Funny that the life within you gives you light isn't it? Maybe life itself, the light, is God? Maybe we're all fractals of the divine and we have already been saved from death.

What happens to a hologram of an apple when it's cut in half a million times? You get 2 million full apples, not halves and halves of halves like you would assume. We are the apple (God) cut in half an infinite number of times experiencing itself from infinite viewpoints.

We are each a slice of the apple that retains the full nature of the original apple, or God in this case.

Colossians 1
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

We are the image (the light you see right now) of the invisible God. We are the universe (God) experiencing and knowing itself.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

The Word is Perfect, it is delightful to the heart; sweeter than honey to meditate upon its Wisdom.

Blessed be the God of King David who slay the giant with tiny stone! Blessed be the God of Solomon! The God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob! If only we had more leaders who hit their knees everyday asking God for the wisdom, knowledge, and discernment, to make just laws, and impartial decisions, for a stiff necked and diverse people. This is what we need as a Nation more than anything, more important than any national security objective, and that is the fear and favor of the LORD.

As a nation we have turned away from right paths and we teach our children to do the same. We allow those who call themselves teachers in our schools, but are not, to raise our children as fools, rich according to the knowledge of the world and its ways, but imbued with the idea that there is no God.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Strange that your name is mrphilosophias because I don't see any true philosophy in your words, only the ramblings of someone who is brainwashed into believing God is in an earthly book.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have to do this...

OP, your preaching does not erect a available conversation. I do see why you need to do so. Even so, to the people out there who say "God is dead.", have the same equal faith as the others who believe in his "word".

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

What if I told you that God wants to make you an offer? What if I told you He wants to give you eternal life and paradise if you would only pay a small price!

You'd be lying.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Let me ask you all a question if I may. Answer me if you have wisdom. If I were to scrutinize the physiological and anatomical structures and systems of the Human body where would I find that which we call 'life'?

The same exact place you would find God: in the words and discourse of men.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
God has revealed Himself in many ways throughout History. Are you familiar at all with the Bible?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Strange that your name is mrphilosophias because I don't see any true philosophy in your words, only the ramblings of someone who is brainwashed into believing God is in an earthly book.
In one reply you show how people are god then in another reply you say god can not be found in books made by god/people. If we are all pieces of the pie so to speak then surely we could produce gods word for him if the right pieces were present.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Absolutely, but a book that has been preserved on this corrupt world? Not a chance. It has God in it for sure, but it is mostly propaganda where humans have used the truth to sell a lie. There are veins of truth in it, but those veins of truth are surrounded by coal. It is a tool that has been used by those in power to blind people to their true nature by putting all emphasis on an outside entity.

Let's put it this way, the bible is like a vast desert with only a few streams of water (truth) scattered throughout it. I'd say Jesus' words are the strongest stream, but that doesn't take away the fact that his stream is surrounded by dry desert on all sides. The stream may be there but sandstorms have come and muddied the water.
edit on 6/17/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/17/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 Maybe anything that you disagree with is just the bad part of the whole god or maybe you or i do not have all we need to understand that we have to take the good with the bad. Furthermore if GOD does not have bad parts then that which you disagree with is just as much right as what you agree with or maybe it is complete opposite of that and all the bad in the world is what will put humpty dumpty back together by releasing energy and causing all those pieces to be free from the flesh and rejoin back to the whole. Or maybe you believe that the pieces need to grow to become something that could come together to reform god. Maybe it could be that he is not supposed to be reformed. You gotta see that if one believes in GOD than he has a liking for violence so it must serve a purpose and we are scared of death so we dig out the peaceful passages to feed our fear of death. I say each of us has a certain amount of bs we must suffer with in order to grow With all the talk of love in Jesus words he would have been more clear about the difference love and sex.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

God is already whole and always has been, there is no need for reformation because we have always been whole.

Like I said with my hologram scenario (we live in a holographic universe IMO), we are pieces of the whole that retain the full nature of the whole, only in an individualized form. We are slices of the holographic apple (God) but we are still the whole apple because all slices retain that original form.

The divine is within all of us, not in a book. Books are corruptible, what's within you is not. God contains all things good and bad because God is everything, including you and I and even the child molester down the street.

We've already been saved from death because we are alive right now and will continue to live even after our bodies die. Since we can never truly die (as in forever) then there is no need for a savior because we have always been saved by the fact that life has always been and always will be.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrphilosophias

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

The Word is Perfect, it is delightful to the heart; sweeter than honey to meditate upon its Wisdom.

Blessed be the God of King David who slay the giant with tiny stone! Blessed be the God of Solomon! The God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob! If only we had more leaders who hit their knees everyday asking God for the wisdom, knowledge, and discernment, to make just laws, and impartial decisions, for a stiff necked and diverse people. This is what we need as a Nation more than anything, more important than any national security objective, and that is the fear and favor of the LORD.

As a nation we have turned away from right paths and we teach our children to do the same. We allow those who call themselves teachers in our schools, but are not, to raise our children as fools, rich according to the knowledge of the world and its ways, but imbued with the idea that there is no God.

The biggest problem with christianity is that dastardly bible of theirs that you all would rather hump than admit the possibility - no, the probability - that it's a steaming pile of horse manure written thousands of years ago and changed even from it's initial insane ramblings so much that we can't even tell which parts are actual crazy or just made up crazy.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 I am in agreement with you pretty much but if you step back and take a look at the whole of what you are trying to put together then you can see how GOD could without a problem write a book through the hand of man that serves his needs for us even if we do not see the need for the contridictions and lack of peace and equality for all that is found within it's pages. It is totally possible for him to have a son be brought into this world and himself be brought here to go through what we go through. Just because GOD is everything does not mean he can not confine himself to one thing either. We go on about how religion is the source of most bad things that happen to good people because inside we do not want to have something bad happen to us and we think we are good.

I say he has a plan and if the bible is just a bullcrap pile of man's words that just drag us down then he would do something about that. That is not the case i say he has a need for war,famine death and all the other bad things that are happening. It gives us believers that are salt something to savor for one thing. I just find it a bit niave that so many believe in a GOD and his son but rail on about how his people that believe and make up the majority of people on earth must all be getting it wrong because bad things happen. It is said within the bible that he has many great ways of descruction and can not wait to show them off. Something about how it does no good to be so powerful and not get to use his power.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Harsh words for a God who has shown such great love to His rebellious and stiff necked people. Consider all of the good things in life, and I'm not just talking tangibles. God causes the rain to fall, and the sun to shine, on the just and the unjust alike. You do realize that mankind is under a curse right? God created us to know His great love and friendship. Our first parents literally walked with God in paradise. In our lack of faith, our ignorance, our pride, we messed up and broke Gods' one perfect law. The penalty for this high treason is death, and so we were cast out from the presence of God and cursed. All creation was cursed along with us against its will. Mankind would have lost all hope for this act of supreme defiance if it were not for the fact that God is All-Good, and He delights not in the suffering even of the wicked!

God created all things and they were good and it pleased him! God created us for good things beyond imagination, for His Power and Goodness are that profound! God created us to walk with Him, in intimate communion with our Maker, the source and form of all that is Good, Perfect, and Holy. In spite of the fact that the charges, judgement, and punishment against Adam and Eve were just, God did not create us to curse us. In spite of these things God did not abandon us to an empty and dark existence on cursed ground, but instead showed that indeed He really is All-Good, and began the revelation of His plan for the salvation of mankind from the curse of sin that they had so foolishly brought upon themselves!

the Gospel according to John
16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

To paint God, who is all good, as being some sort of a tyrant is a lie. If you believe this then you have been blinded by the god of this world and are unable to see the truth. I pray that the light of Gods' Perfect Love in Jesus Christ would help you see this. I dare you to spend an hour meditating upon the rosary.I dare you to take an hour in silence, to come as you are, as if to sincerely seek, as if you hope that maybe, just maybe, there is something to this whole salvation from the curse through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God. I dare you to spend an hour with Mary the most blessed virgin, and with her Son Jesus, and walk with them through the days that would end in the Vio Dolorosa, the Way of Sorrows, and Jesus Christ crucified.

The Word of God endures forever. It is Perfect. It is True. It is Powerful. It is Alive. There is nothing so sure as Gods' Word. Why? Because Jesus Christ is the Son of God, literally God Incarnate, and the Word of God made flesh. The same Word through Whom all creation came to exist by, exists for, and is held together in, descended from the highest heaven and humbled Himself lower than the angels and became man! Can you imagine? The God of all creation, whom we rebelled against, came down from His throne and dwelt amongst His rebellious children as one of them! Yet His own people, the very ones He had come to save, the ones who were made in His very own image and likeness, they did not recognize Him. Those that believe in Him, and in His blessed Name, He has given the right to become His very own family!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Love? If your god exists it has shown nothing but contempt for us. It would deserve nothing but the same in return.

Boo, to your god. Boo! Hiss!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In my agnostic approach, I am not one to dismiss the Bible wholesale, nor am I to believe it word for word. Too many people, often with less than benevolent intentions have affected its creation. As a historical document, certain facets are corroborated by secular history (It's a worthy individual research endeavor). Others facets are impossible to uphold, based on what we know of the physical world.

To use the Bible to prove God exists, is a misuse of its purpose. One, it serves as a historical document from the earliest times of Judaism. As a handbook for life, many of the principles are sound, others archaic. I can't say that I see God intervening in this world, I simply don't. Biblically speaking (not to imply literally), I don't see where God is meant to act on our behalf.

I do believe that science continues to show one thing- design. And this has caused a lot of inner conflict for me. I see design and intent in everything. All natural mechanisms operate with statistically improbable precision. The most miniscule particle behaves as if it was designed for its purpose. No amount of denial can shake this thought from my mind. However, I can't reconcile that this creation is tended over by an "absentee landlord."

I have never believed that science and God must be mutually exclusive by definition. The science part is easy for me, what God is, is the hard part.
edit on 18-6-2014 by LuXiferGriM because: eta

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join