It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To you who say that "God is dead."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mrphilosophias

May the Lord permit me to continue this later. What if I told you that God wants to make you an offer? What if I told you He wants to give you eternal life and paradise if you would only pay a small price! Would you accept it?

You are missing the last piece of a good sales pitch . . . the immediacy. Whether you want to paint that as living in the "end times" or bring up that "you never know when your time is up". You're never going to harvest enough souls for that tropical vacation with that open ended offer and this time next year you'll be watching the guy across from you get that promotion. Brush up . . . Coffee is for closers!

Anatomy of an offer they can’t refuse

Regardless of what you’re selling—and even if you’re giving something away—there are four things that go into creating a really effective offer. If your offer doesn’t have any one of these, chances are it’s not going to generate the results you’re after.

1) You need to offer something your client wants, not just something you think they need (or something that’s easy for you). Keep in mind, of course, that what people want and what they need are rarely the same thing.

2) Prospects must to be able to understand, right away, why they would want it (This is that “What’s In It For Me?” or WIIFM factor us marketers talk about all the time). After all, if there’s no clear benefit to them, why would they bother taking the time or spending the money?

That’s why just offering a free consult or a free newsletter isn’t very effective anymore. We’re all far too busy to go for those generic offers. You need to promise something more compelling (see #1).

Besides, these days most people think ‘free consult’ means ‘time-sucking sales pitch’ anyway. So that offer is pretty much a waste of space.

3) It has to have more value then risk. Part of this is price. But this is also where bonuses, free reports, cost comparisons, free trials, and money-back guarantees come in. They all either add value or reduce the risk. And they’re all part of the offer.

4) They need a good reason to take action now. People are super busy. So if they don’t take action right now, they’re likely to procrastinate then forget all about your offer. That means you need to give folks incentive to act immediately. Think limited availability, limited time offer, early bird rates, special bonuses, emphasizing why waiting would be worse, etc.

Just make sure if you do a promotion with limited availability or a limited time offer that it’s true. If you don’t stick to the promise made in your offer your credibility will go out the window. And the next time you say you only have five available it’ll be like the little boy who cried wolf.

edit on 6/15/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
What logic? All you did was preach bible verses to us.

Scriptures are the inspired Word of God...

It contains everything that you need to know.

The Bible is the missing link between ALL conspiracy theories.

THIS is why the elite HATE it so much.

In numerous NDE's, Jesus refers to the Bible as "my word" or "my book":

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God." www.ctestimony.org...

"Didn’t you read my book?"

"If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"You don't believe my word the Bible..."

"an audible voice telling him to read a Bible..."

As I stood there in the front of the church weeping and weeping, huge weights were being lifted from my back, my life and my mind. I was literally being cleansed and purified supernaturally by the Lord Jesus Christ as I was repenting of my sins, and I was filled with such tremendous love, joy and peace.

The Lord spoke two things to me there. The first was that every Word in the Bible was true, and the second was that I would never die. I was floating after that for eight years, and the Bible came alive to me and the words leaped off of the pages and literally exploded into my brain. happy707.wordpress.com...

Praying all night in the mosque, he asked God to help him. Suddenly he felt drops of oil falling on him and even smelled its fragrance, he says. He claims another time he heard an audible voice telling him to read a Bible — an abomination to a Muslim. “We would not touch a modern-day Bible,” he says. “This voice immediately put a desire in my heart. It is so vivid, so clear, so overwhelming. Still today, I could not forget that voice.”

Why Revival is Exploding Among Muslims

This quote is the key point: "You don't believe my word the Bible."

"It's My responsibility as God to protect My word for you."

CJ's Testimony of a Face to Face Encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ

Dr. Richard Eby was a professor and obstetrician who fell off a second story balcony in Chicago and hit his head and died instantly and found himself in Paradise. When he came back to a bloodless corpse in the hospital morgue, the athiest Doctor refused to believe he was alive and told him to 'shut up and don't give me any of that #' because he knew that Eby had been taken into the hospital as a totally bloodless dead body.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jesus, where am I?I gasped! Suddenly in a new body in a new place with new life, I was ecstatically joyful: no pain, no tears, no sorrow, no memory.

Instantly, before I could complete my query, that same Voice in a tone of gentle thunder echoed within my head: "Didn’t you read my book?"

He was speaking to me (in fact, in me) with a speed greater than lightning, and in a language of sweet purity unlike anything that an earthly tongue could utter. I gasped again. I had HIS MIND, impossible as it seemed! Every word clearly meant exactly what was being said. We seemed to have a joint mind: I would ask, and He would answer. (The speed of this communication in such a MIND is hard to describe in human terms. Perchance I can now liken it to a printed page on which the questions being typed have the answers typed upon them, line upon line, at the same time, instantly.)

Yeshua began His answer: "If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God."

Dr. Richard Eby dies, visits heaven, and returns with a startling message

edit on 15-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
I am begging you to provide proof other than the crazy ramblings of cave-dwelling, antique dust and bones.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mrphilosophias

God is not dead. God is a living God. Are you alive? Unless you are suggesting that you are somehow greater than God, then God is not dead!

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. "Whither is God?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him -- you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying, as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Gods, too, decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

"How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whoever is born after us -- for the sake of this deed he will belong to a higher history than all history hitherto."

Friedrich Nietzsche

www.historyguide.org...

What if I told you that God wants to make you an offer? What if I told you He wants to give you eternal life and paradise if you would only pay a small price! Would you accept it?

No thanks. What kind of God needs an ATS weekend poster to sell his product?

What if I told you........

edit on 15-6-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Death is a physical illusion that keeps everyone in place always fearing the one they deny.

For all those that want proof can you tell me what kinda proof of GOD would be acceptable to you? I submit to you that no amount of evidence would ever quench your disbelief and internal hate. Please prove me wrong and give an acceptable method that all would believe. He has created everything around us and every thought you could ever have.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
God is definitely alive, but not in a book written thousands of years ago in a language none of us speak. God is alive because God is life itself. God is the spark within all of us that allows for experience, joy, love, happiness, and even pain. God is life and everything that comes with it.

He is not the god of the dead, but of the living. Those who have life have God, even if they don't realize it. Life is beautiful so why don't we live for today instead of some place that may or may not exist after death.
edit on 6/15/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

I am begging you to provide proof other than the crazy ramblings of cave-dwelling, antique dust and bones.

Oh, is that your proof? Good work, christian - although, I'm disappointed that it's exactly what I expected.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

The Bible is the missing link between ALL conspiracy theories.

This makes sense because the biggest conspiracy ever would be the perfect missing link for all other conspiracy theories. It's the pinnacle of conspiracies and the bible is the tip of the pyramid.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Oh, is that your proof? Good work, christian - although, I'm disappointed that it's exactly what I expected.

Not surprised one bit...

You got just what you wanted.

Want real proof?

EXPECT real proof.

God works on a need to know basis.

Ask, seek, & knock.

Not just airy fairy pie in the sky.

Speaking from EXPERIENCE here...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

God works on a need to know basis? Well, we all have needed to know for quite some times and this piece of sht god has played us like idiots so if it even exists I'm fine with showing it my utter contempt.

There's actually no way to know if it does, though - no matter what you say you think you know - so I'm going to sit back and not believe it does.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptoniteYou are at the far end of the belief spectrum spouting how there is no way to know and from there that is your truth. I recommend just taking a thought journey in your everyday life while asking for the simple proofs first. Such as his ability to speak to your thoughts through other people and the aspects of everyday life that we all take for granted. This will only work if you open your heart and forgive him first for what actions you do not understand. At the least you can say that you tried to see how the otherside thinks while having an open heart.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrphilosophias
God is not dead. God is a living God. Are you alive? Unless you are suggesting that you are somehow greater than God, then God is not dead!

Anyone who doesn't believe in God won't suggest that they are greater than God because they won't suggest that there is a God to be greater than.

Psalm 14:1
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

And using bible verses to try to convince people that don't believe in God that there is error in their ways isn't going to do any good either, since people that don't believe in God have already dismissed the Bible as fiction.

May the Lord permit me to continue this later. What if I told you that God wants to make you an offer? What if I told you He wants to give you eternal life and paradise if you would only pay a small price! Would you accept it?

I think people that don't believe in God have thought about this real hard and considered it from every angle. Using simple logic (if a+b=c then c-b=a), they are 100% convinced that there is no such thing as God. With such conviction, this offer you speak of is futile.
edit on 15-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Death is a physical illusion that keeps everyone in place always fearing the one they deny.

For all those that want proof can you tell me what kinda proof of GOD would be acceptable to you? I submit to you that no amount of evidence would ever quench your disbelief and internal hate. Please prove me wrong and give an acceptable method that all would believe. He has created everything around us and every thought you could ever have.

Wouldn't that be for this so-called omnipotent god to choose to do? I can make a sandcastle and smash it down - that doesn't make me a god of ants.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Anyone who doesn't believe in God won't suggest that they are greater than God because they won't suggest that there is a God to be greater than.

Allow me the vanity of trying to show that the logic is sound. Please understand that the premises below, are the very beliefs which nihilists, naturalists, scientists, atheists, etc., hold so fond and dear; they do not necessarily reflect the opinion or belief of the author.

P1: You exist.
P2: It is greater to exist, then not to exist.
P3: God does not exist.
:.
Conclusion: You are greater than God.

Is this not the sound, logical, and natural conclusion that follows from these premise? Do you agree? Please provide a simple counter argument if you disagree.

Some nihilists may argue premise #2 on self-explanatory grounds, but lets wait until that person shows up to raise the point, and then we can attempt to cross that bridge.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite No it would not be something he will do because he clearly tells us that there will be no signs except...
Personally i do not see destruction would unite all into belief and the truth as i know it is that some of us have a genitic makeup that allows no belief no matter how hard one tries but i hold hope that these do not swallow up those that just are at a certain iq level above others that requires them to be more inqusitive toward life but he clearly says that are knowledge will fail us. However knowledge and understanding are different. For me the best proof i have found was done by slowing down and listening to my thoughts when around nature. Not by making deals with the fish to show me a sign and bite my line but by imagining becoming a fish and biting my line. That in itself would not make up any proof of GOD but adds to my list of everyday clues. Sounds crazy but to each his own.
btw that would make you an ant king not a god

edit on 15-6-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Allow me the vanity of trying to show that the logic is sound. Please understand that the premises below, are the very beliefs which nihilists, naturalists, scientists, atheists, etc., hold so fond and dear; they do not necessarily reflect the opinion or belief of the author.

P2: It is greater to exist, then not to exist.
P3: God does not exist.
Conclusion: You are greater than God.

Is this not the sound, logical, and natural conclusion that follows from these premise? Do you agree? Please provide a simple counter argument if you disagree.

I disagree with your conclusion. Allow me to make an analogy.

P2: It is greater to exist, than not to exist.
P3: Dracula does not exist.

Conclusion: I am not greater or lesser than or equal to Dracula, because Dracula would have to exist for me to be greater or lesser than or equal to Dracula.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The logic is not sound. The conclusion you arrive at does not follow from the syllogism.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

There will be no signs? Hmmm that's a bit of a dickhead move - don't you think?

Edit: If building and then destroying a sandcastle makes me an ant king and not a god, I should say that makes this other god people like to speak of as a man king and nothing more.

I am subject to no man king.

edit on 15-6-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Show us that prayer is valid (under controlled conditions)? Use your faith to move a mountain? Ask him to spontaneously generate a new species (again, under controlled conditions)? Ask him to halt planetary and celestial motion (without the devastating effects that might be expected of such an event)? That type of thing. There is no end of experiments that would prove god, in fact we should already have discovered such a thing if it exists. There is no such thing as a religious god in our universe, or it would be easy to prove.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
When Christ returns will He find faith? You do know the proof is in the pudding right? God invites the hungry to come as they are and approach Him sincerely, to taste and see, to savor His goodness! What excuse could you find when you find yourself before Him, in account, for your ignorance of God if you have not at least sought as to find Him in earnest? If the stories, promises, and wisdom proclaimed in the sacred scriptures is true, then God's favor and friendship, knowledge and walking in His ways, and the rewards He grants those who fear Him, are more desirable than treasure, sweeter than the sweetest nectar, or honey!

What do you got to lose by taking an hour, as a true scholar and pursuer of truth and wisdom, for edification, and obtaining knowledge, to seek, pray, and listen? If God does exist then every hour is given you from Him. Paschals wager would suggest a few hours of your lifes time to sincerely seek the God of creation spoken of from generation to generation for the entirety of mans created history, even if you haven't personally met Him yet. I would suggest approaching Him on your knees, with sincerity, honesty (remember nothing is hidden from Him, not your deepest thought, intention, sin or secret, and still in spite this He loves you more than you can imagine. So the story goes right? It is possible right?). Get your nose in a Bible every now and then, considering it is claimed to be the living, breathing, all-true, all-powerful Word of God through Whom the entire Universe came to exist and all. If the Bible were the Word of God, and God really wanted to talk to you, wouldn't you want to know?

Too intelligent? Too educated? Ask God to prove your wisdom, to test its precepts, and learn what is true enlightenment, from God or science. Ask the 'God of Creation' if He exists. What would you do if He did? How would you be any different? How would you react if He were to answer your prayer right then and there? Would you prostrate yourself before Him and bewail your ignorance and sin? Would you want Him to teach you His ways, the paths that lead to life, and life everlasting?

Don't believe? Ask for faith, in hope that He might answer you, and give you cause to believe! Approach Him like a child, and trust that if there is a transcendent deity worthy of being called God, then surely He is good, and loving, and He will reward even your smallest efforts to find Him. Last thing I would suggest is do not give up in frustration, or get angry if God doesn't obey your demands to "reveal Himself", or if He disappoints your expectations. Rinse, repeat.

edit on 16-6-2014 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2014 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join