It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To you who say that "God is dead."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
God is not dead. God is a living God. Are you alive? Unless you are suggesting that you are somehow greater than God, then God is not dead!

Psalm 14:1
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Psalm 19
1 The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
2 Day to day pours forth speech,
And night to night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech, nor are there words;
Their voice is not heard.

Romans 1
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth [l]in unrighteousness,
19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
21 For even though they knew God, they did not [n]honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.
25 For they exchanged the truth of God for [p]a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 1
18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.”

20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,
24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble;
27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,
28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are,
29 so that no man may boast before God.
30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,
31 so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Thank you Jesus, my sweet savior & hero! If I am going to boast, may I boast in You! Please be glorified for Your profundity; for your beauty, wisdom, power, and love! Amen.

May the Lord permit me to continue this later. What if I told you that God wants to make you an offer? What if I told you He wants to give you eternal life and paradise if you would only pay a small price! Would you accept it?
edit on 15-6-2014 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
God wouldn't want anything from you.
Only men whom preach about god want something from you.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If i'm not mistaken, this thread is in the wrong forum. It reeks of religious preaching and does not consider the principles of either origin or creationism. As such I believe this should be in the religion and other malarkey forum.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Can you prove beyond shadow of a doubt that you are alive .. or are you illusion like your "god" ..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I am in complete awe of your ministries....

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mrphilosophias

I'm sorry to say it, but it's people like you that give religion a bad reputation. Religion is ones own personal relationship with the Creator. If you learn anything from the scriptures, it's that people will not understand unless they are first called. Knowing that basic truth, would prevent so much of this fluff and drivel spewing out of the mouths of babes in the faith.

This is so counter-productive it's .... hardly even worth the time it took me to write this.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
God wouldn't want anything from you.
Only men whom preach about god want something from you.

I agree! Nothing material that is.
But he does want you to love him.
edit on Ram61514v572014u05 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Correction to my previous post. This thread fails on the following at all levels and should be deleted;

The Faith, Religion, and Theology forum exists as a place for member to discuss three important items.

Faith - Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
Religion - A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
Theology - The study of the nature of God and religious truth; rational inquiry into religious questions.

This is preaching, nothing more. It especially fails on the "rational" part.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Why are there so many on ATS quick to delete, moderate or otherwise censor other people? Instead of your calls to delete a thread that you disagree with, would you care to spend your time making a productive conversation of it? Who cares if it's just a re-hash, at some point everything on ATS is.

I for one, would like to ask the OP: For those who have a hard time reconciling your beliefs, quoting scripture obviously won't sway their opinion. With that in mind, could you provide specific examples of how your observations of the world reinforces your religions convictions?

edit on 15-6-2014 by LuXiferGriM because: eta

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXiferGriM

Because if this was Sunni religious propaganda, you filthy infidel
, as opposed to Christian, it would have already gone. Threads like this are not helpful, they do not provide the opportunity for open philosophical discussion.

Preaching is preaching, any discussion subsequent to the OP is irrelevant, start another thread if you like. I will stand by my comments.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrphilosophias
God is not dead.

Not saying he is. He never existed in the first place.

It's a shame such primitive nonsense holds sway with many. There might genuinely be something more to our existence. Such "thought stopping" notions as religious gods simply stifle curiosity in favour of make believe.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

How is there not an opportunity for thoughtful discussion? I for one, do not wait for opportunity to be given to me, I simply take it. I agree that regurgitating scripture is by no means a philosophical discussion, but if the OP is willing to engage the thread in any meaningful way, should it still be censored? His/her participation is by no means required though.

You certainly didn't add anything of consequence to the thread by demanding its removal. I'm sure the Moderators at ATS are perfectly capable of weeding out bad threads, without your assistance, mind you.

The topic of the thread no doubt struck a nerve with you. I'm sure you find the concept of a Christian god, or any for that matter, as an affront to your intellectual sensibilities. However, if there was an chance for philosophical discussion (again, your words), perhaps it is you who missed the opportunity.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

.....and where is the OP engaging in this thread?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I am quite certain the logic is sound. I believe the premises are valid. Perhaps the approach is atypical. Regardless the love of God in Jesus Christ for YOU far surpasses the ability of the mind to fully comprehend. The Cross of Jesus, the Christ, the Son of God, and the Son of Mary, is not something that can be called rational. As far as the reasoning's of mankind go the love God has for mankind if profoundly irrational. You could meditate upon the font of Gods' Goodness towards mankind in Christ Jesus for eternity and you would not have exhausted it's wells.

For any who care to answer: does even the possibility for such great graciousness exist in the Universe as you believe it to be? Edens curse and the second law of thermodynamics be damned!

For cynics, skeptics, strong atheists, nihilists, naturalists, and the depressed sort of existentialist philosopher, have you ever read the Psalms of King David, if for no other reason than personal edification, curiosity, or to simply expand your own perspective?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Read it all back to front doesn't mean I have to believe what other men say about God.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

The lack of opportunity for thoughtful discussion is self evident in the OP, with the exception of posthumous baited incitement.

I have and will not add anything of significant substance to this thread. It should at least be moved to the appropriate forum or be deleted. As for the moderators, I've had at least one clash with the moderators within this forum and, here we are again, potentially.

And you are correct, this thread has struck a nerve. It's in the wrong forum, it offers no real opportunity for open and meaningful discussion as it is simply religious preaching.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrphilosophias
I am quite certain the logic is sound.

What logic? All you did was preach bible verses to us.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure those that do not believe in your version of god claim "god is dead".

Instead it is that your god has never been.

May Kali grant Ganesh the grace to bestow wisdom upon you. Repent from your blasphemies!

edit on 6/15/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am begging you to provide proof other than the crazy ramblings of cave-dwelling, antique dust and bones.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have no scriptural references and not a lot of thought on this subject as I personally believe that if the creator of the universe was nonexistent, then the creation too would not exist. I use the word nonexistent because, IMO, terms like "living" and "dead" can't be applied to a creator of the universe.

I have a simple POV in this regard, no creator = no creation.

ETA: There are a number of possibilities though. The creator and the creation are somehow part of the same thing. The creator is separate from it's creation and has existed before creation and will continue to exist long after, or not. Perhaps the creator set creation into motion and then left for a new project. Not "dead" just off into the elsewhere. Things that can occupy the mind and make one ponder the universe.
edit on 15-6-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added last thougts

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join