It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Real simple prediction here: Their ratings are about to slide.

'The news' is about the only thing I spend my on-line time on other than ATS. I have no access to MSM on the boob-tube, but occasionally get something of a translation from my wife's POV in local news.

Lately, the ads on Fox's website just cause me to close out the page I wanted to view. I know I'm old, but the motion/commotion off to the side of the text I want to view is simply too much of a distraction.

Considering all the vocal backlash I see hear about "The Jeep Ads" ... I'll bet there are a lot of folks doing the same thing I am at Fox. Xuenchen's reporting is good enough for me -grin- and I don't see any ads on ATS to speak of.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Gave up lony ago on all the state run media outlets .. often find more accurate info on whats going on in the world here on a.t.s ..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You are probably right. It is surprising how many people follow news stations like they are some kind of messiah (not just Fox either) and are incapable of misleading it's audience. I don't have cable and the only part of Fox I will track down to watch through my iPad is The Five. Other than that I get most of my news here and various other sites online.

MSM has become a joke IMO. They keep regurgitating the same crap all day every day. It's almost like watching Groundhog Day only instead of Bill Murray, they have Max Headroom.

When I do get a chance to watch news live at other places, it generally only serves to raise my blood pressure to astronomical levels. I start cussing the tv like a dog that has just left a present on newly installed carpet. It's a weakness I suppose. I can't resist talking to the talking heads on the screen.

If the public is getting any smarter, then all of the MSM stations should start losing viewers. Sadly, I think most people are just content to sit and soak it up like fried chicken does crisco.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I'll tell you this ... I certainly appreciate the deliberative perspective one gets from analyzed news here. I can easily see the left/right take and ignore that for the most part. What I do take note of is the opinion from an age-based POV.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The ones controlling the news should be the news itself. Everything else is biased and a waste of time IMO.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
If ATS is anything to go by, i'd say their rates must be climbing!

Fox news is only good for entertainment, as in, watching pathetic 'journalists' report news in a biased paradigm. Not to mention all the stupid # they class as 'news'.

I feel sorry for those who consume Fox News as a serious media outlet.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Gave up lony ago on all the state run media outlets .. often find more accurate info on whats going on in the world here on a.t.s ..

The thing is, A.T.S. involves people doing critical thinking, open discussion and real, in-depth reporting from many different angles. The U.S. media really doesn't do that.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My father is hooked on FOX news like a crack-head. I think it is all he watches. He gets very irritated when I point out the tackiness and obvious right wing propaganda. I get to hear him regurgitate catch phrases from FOX anchors..."drinking the Koolaid," "Communist," "unAmerican," whenever I call their b.s. for what it is. He is an intelligent man. It is sad for me to see his critical thinking take a vacation in favor of this nonsense. The sooner FOX dies the better.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

My father is hooked on FOX news like a crack-head.

At times I wonder if it's the news ... or the blondes. Reminds me of that song Dirt Laundry by Don Henley (can't link from this iPad).

new topics

top topics

join