It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todays conspiracy theory!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
To preface this thread, I've been alive since before the Kennedy assassination, two years in fact. My mother was very intelligent and grew up with the Kennedy's in her era. She in fact was rather obsessed with them while I was growing up.

This one moment in time, albeit American time, fostered the American conspiracy theory rhetoric. No other act in American history garnered as much publicity as this one act. The American people just couldn't stomach the Warren commissions report. In point of fact neither could I given the available information as I grew older.

What it did spawn is a distrust in government. If that many people smell a rat, you can pretty much guarantee there's a rat to be found, somewhere.

Our government has only gotten worse since then. We managed to catch Nixon, but directly following, was Regan, Iran contra affair, then came Clinton and the white house scandals, then came Bush and 911, and now is Obama! Scandals after scandals. Does anyone here trust government anymore? Is there anything worth saving?

Because I don't. Not with how well we know corporate interests control the legislative branch. Is there any politician today that doesn't ware a corporate shirt.a global disguise? I would really like to know.
edit on 15-6-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Ron Paul maybe. I don't think any politician who doesn't wear a corporate shirt will make a difference overall though.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
ith reply to: WakeUpBeer

I agree with Ron Paul, however he was dispensed by tptb. Without reservation.
So I digress
Is there a politician that isn't bought off. Cause it's sure not his son.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Ron Paul might have been just as bad as Jimmy Carter or 0bama. He sure sounds good on TV, but have you ever read any of his books? Paul was a change advocate ... and change that's not gradual can be very damaging.

I will give him one very positive credit I think a lot of people overlook. He bowed out in an opportune moment instead of flailing around and making a mess of things.

As to the tone of your OP, I would agree that we are going in a very bad direction at an accelerating pace. If you haven't noticed, you're old (me too). LOL Things aren't going to fall apart before we're done on this Earth. Why worry?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Not only do I not trust any of them, the higher up the power structure they are the more I assume they are actually actively, intentionally trying to screw us all every second of every day. And that's just the Government.

Media I think of the same as Government but with media the lack of malicious intent is maybe slightly less, but even then I'm not so sure. Especially since the day I saw Oliver North had his own platform as a source for Fox News!! Sure it's Fox but Damn, really. Oliver North as a trusted information source for the news!! Wow!!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Kennedy was the last president i voted for and the last president i had respect for ... still remember the day he was shot ..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Change is coming.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I'm only 27. I have never voted. I don't think my vote would actually count, so why bother. Maybe that is a horrible viewpoint to have but can you blame me? Even if I was to decide to vote I'd pretty much just be voting for the "lesser of two evils". I'm of the opinion the system won't change. People like to talk about holding the administration etc. accountable but I can look back before my time, and see plenty of times, that didn't happen. In my honest opinion the war was lost during prior generations. I don't know what I can actually do to make any significant difference. Perhaps things aren't as bad as I believe them to be. I'm open to any realistic suggestions. You know how I feel now?

I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Why should I bother anymore? Reading up on corruption only makes me feel sick, full of anxiety, and hopeless. The new wave of conspiracy "theorists" are whack jobs that think every little thing is a hoax or something. They just make people in the dark take actual conspiracies even less seriously than they did before.. What does my voice matter amongst the masses. I've come to terms with the fact that all I can do is watch things get progressively worse.

No.. All I can worry about is my own well being and person, and those I love. While I go along for this ride! Why get depressed over what I can't change?
edit on 15-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: winter is coming

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Your smart not to vote .. the game is rigged to give people the illusion that they have freedom and a voice in how things are run ..

No matter how people vote end result is the same .. they lose ..

Maybe one day they will learn and flip the table to end the charade .. doubt it theyre too brainwashed to realise the games rigged against them ..

The games always been rigged ..
edit on 15/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

And people say a "new world order" conspiracy is outlandish...

Yeah the original Illuminati may have been outed, but ideas never die.
edit on 15-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

To preface this thread, I've been alive since before the Kennedy assassination, two years in fact. My mother was very intelligent and grew up with the Kennedy's in her era. She in fact was rather obsessed with them while I was growing up.

Hi Twohawks/X:

I am Gen X, born in 1964...so not too big of an age difference...and yes, even though JFK was dead by my birth, the parents of that generation never forgot or forgave.

My Dad was was 39 when Kennedy was elected and JFK could not have had a more ardent supporter - he loved the guy - I will say that my maiden name was Kennedy, so he kinda had to -ha!

Daddy was a WWII vet, 2nd Marine Corps Division and served in the South Pacific (yeah Tarawa), so, he was something of a Billy Bob bada**, but bring up JFK and he would get a tear in the eye every time.

After JFK was assassinated, Dad became an ARCH conservative. I think that the whole JFK thing made many of that generation question all of government and the sacrifices they gave in service. It basically broke their hearts.

Having grown up in that environment, I totally get your POV.

and this, Obama is either very smart or very stupid, and that is the conspiracy, IMHO. (but hey, he is out on the links in Palm Springs this weekend while the rest of us FRET about Rome Burning...so there is your answer!)

edit on Jun5204040652040452America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

edit on Jun5348480653484853America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

edit on Jun5451510654515154America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I sort of wish what you're saying was true. If it was, it'd be the case that everything before Kennedy's murder was conspiracy-free and thereby all honest and straightforward. Wouldn't it be great to believe that 'once upon a time' people could trust the judgements of their leaders?

After '63, there was certainly a lot of conspiracy theorising, but there was plenty to go around a decade earlier in the 1950s. Those McCarthy commie hunts were grounded in conspiracy and fuelled J Edgar Hoover's paranoid style of patriotism at all costs. Smear campaigns, cointelpro and anti-civil right activities arguably made freedom of thought an offence against the State. Not only that, many of the techniques we see in the recent Snowden/NSA controversy had their heyday in the '50s.

Does anyone here trust government anymore? Is there anything worth saving?

This made me have a quick look for levels of trust by nation. Check out this >> Do we trust our government? You'll need to change the drop-down menu to 'government.' It's pretty obvious that less than 50% of citizens from most democratic countries trust their govt. The figures are high in Sweden and Nederlands and just might tell us that they are doing something right that our are not. It also could have a relationship with Freedom of the Press as league tables suggest that those with the greatest freedom have a more trusting populace - more informed or better educated?

It's an obvious point to make...maybe the less government trusts us, the less we trust it?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I'm only 27. I have never voted. I don't think my vote would actually count, so why bother. Maybe that is a horrible viewpoint to have but can you blame me? Even if I was to decide to vote I'd pretty much just be voting for the "lesser of two evils". I'm of the opinion the system won't change. People like to talk about holding the administration etc. accountable but I can look back before my time, and see plenty of times, that didn't happen. In my honest opinion the war was lost during prior generations. I don't know what I can actually do to make any significant difference. Perhaps things aren't as bad as I believe them to be. I'm open to any realistic suggestions. You know how I feel now?

Not voting doesn't accomplish anything. Game or not, it is one of the few things you have that could make a difference. You should meet with like minded people in your community and organize to get your message out and influence others to vote based on your values. Look at the tea party. Like them or not, they make a difference when it counts.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Many if us don't buy the Warren commission report, and just intuitively know, even if we don't know the full truth, that we are being lied to. It has led, as you said, to a revolt, and revolution in the way the US public views it's politicians and its government. We learned later about "Operation Northwoods" and how Kennedy rejected this horrible idea.

It should be abundantly clear that we are being controlled, and how the government lies like a rug. Yet, we all talk about meaningless topics, and allow the abuse to continue. We should all be ashamed for not doing more. I know that I am.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

I am as well. The whole "hope and change" parody turned out to be ....hope everybody is so disillusioned not to give a crap anymore and the change is, now it's time to ramp up the destruction of the illusion of civil rights.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
I have to disagree with you, though respectfully. We all know it's a rigged game and like Wakeupbeer, I too no longer vote. What is the sense when our votes are nothing more than a farce, a placebo to make us think we have a say, which we don't and probably never will

In 2000 in Florida many blacks showed up to vote and were turned away because they were logged as criminals, many had never even seen the inside of a police station. A dumpster was found containing ballots that had never been counted. The joke of voting just goes on and this is only one state.

I truly believe the future of this country is out of the hands of the American people, all we can do now is resist and voting is not going to enable us to resist. I would love nothing more than on the next election day in 2016 to see no one show up at any of the polls. If it did, well maybe it would send a message that we just aren't playing anymore. But in order for something this huge to happen we have to act as one and TPTB make sure that division between the people is kept alive and well. As much as I like "herbage" I wouldn't be suprised if the push to legalize is nothing more than to keep us complacent.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Ron Paul might have been just as bad as Jimmy Carter or 0bama. He sure sounds good on TV, but have you ever read any of his books? Paul was a change advocate ... and change that's not gradual can be very damaging.

I will give him one very positive credit I think a lot of people overlook. He bowed out in an opportune moment instead of flailing around and making a mess of things.

As to the tone of your OP, I would agree that we are going in a very bad direction at an accelerating pace. If you haven't noticed, you're old (me too). LOL Things aren't going to fall apart before we're done on this Earth. Why worry?

CuriousI keep hearing Carter was a bad President! Admittedly Iwasn't paying any attention to US politics back then but what exactlydid he do that was so bad? And don't use the botched rescue attempt that was purely a military snafu caused by poor planning and nothing to do with the administration.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

I'll tell you what he did that smurfed me off the most ... he dropped the speed limit to 55 mph. Plagued the country for decades.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
LMAO! Yeah we're stuck at 60 up here in the GWN. Well most of us anyway not that anyone obeys it ( especially in Quebec).

top topics

join