It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Fathers Day ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just thought id throw it out there for anyone that by chance may not hear that today. Im a first time father of a beautiful 1and a half year old and all that i can say is that i wish it would have happened sooner. Shes talking better and better everyday and heres a little thing that puts a smile on my face, so we took a nap last week and i had the air on high well we wake up and she looks me right in the eyes rubs her forearms and says im cold da da. Just the little things that make me proud to be her father. I hope everyone has a fun and safe day today father or not.
edit on 15-6-2014 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ed1320

Nothing better than fatherhood.

My son just came into the living room (I'm watching a video) and he said, "It's 3 minutes after 12! Happy Father's Day!"

And he gave me a hug.

Congrats on yours, and congrats to all the da-da's out there!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Happy Father's Day to you as well. I am a mother myself, but a good father brings something to the table that a mother just can't IMO.

It's been a difficult year where my father's health has been concerned and I have learned to appreciate some of the hard times we had a little more. Being a father doesn't come with instructions (same with mothers) and I think that a father's role is often underrated these days rather than applauded as it should be.

I think that my father and I did pretty good at our first try as father and daughter together. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

So Happy Father's Day to him, to you, and to all the fathers everywhere that are standing up and making sure their presence is felt in their children's lives. Never underestimate what role you play in your family. Too many people do it for you, don't help them by doing it yourselves.

S&F

edit on 6/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ed1320

Congrats and Happy Father's Day. I'm blessed to be a father of three with one on the way, due in September. You know when everyone tells you they grow up fast, and you kinda get tired of hearing it, it just seems like rout response, well I'm here to tell you its true. Enjoy these times you have with her now, and know the bond you make will never be broken, Even when she starts getting a little sassy.

Have a great Father's Day all.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I decided to do a BBQ tomorrow for Fathers day. Invited my kids and grandkids. I will be working all day preparing for this meal. BBQ chicken, Brats with homemade buns, Pie, and baby reds cooked in a pot over the fire along with some other stuff. It's gonna be a great fathers day
Might be worn to hell after all that but that is what fathers do.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Father's day was great, thank you. Gotta spend time with my daughter (home from college for the Summer) and my son called me before he went to bed.

My daughter said, "Dad, what do you want for Father's Day?" And I said, "Bacon." I got bacon!!

Calling my Dad tonight. I don't think he's got all that many more to go.

(post by carlm21 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm going to guess that my kids (just recently out of the nest), have ZERO idea this weekend is Father's Day....and I'm really not starved enough to remind them. It's more interesting to see if they figure it out themselves. Of course, if they do, it will just confirm for me that the wife reminded them. But, I'd almost rather them feel guilty after forgetting it.....so it will be a little learning opportunity.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Suddenly, there's a plan for dinner now. I'm thinking my wife goaded them, but eh....what can you do?

new topics

top topics

join