It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this rifle?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Okay, I'm confused? frame 2:52 in your video has a subtitle saying that's the Semi-auto he's shooting there?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Yeah..Sorry. I think I caused the confusion.

The shotgun in the OP is semi-auto only.

Another member brought up the American AA12 shotgun which is 1500 bucks more expensive than the Anakon being discussed in the OP.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Plenty of cheap ass mossy's and 870s out there.

Yep. Good way to go too, if you ask me. The cash you save would be far better spent buying extra rounds to develop proficiency.

That tub-of-lard on the left would probably drop that thing and run at the first sign of trouble. The guy on the far right in that picture ... I might worry about him.

For posting the right answer.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It appears to be better made than the MKA 1919 ( from Turkey) which I have one in the states.. The problem with magazine feed shotguns is loading the mags. The brass head of the shot shell catches the rim of the next shot shell when loading.. The mags for the 1919 cost a little over 35$ a piece for a 10 round mag.. MKA 1919 shoots fine and does not kick like a mule even with magnum slugs.. however I have always been partial to something I can reach out and touch something with consistently at what I would consider long range.. If everyone liked the same thing I guess there would not be enough to go around ? Import band on a shotgun .. what a crock

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Daewoo make an military grade auto shotgun. I heard about some whacko who later killed 32 people but was scared because he was a lefty and the gun ejected rounds that wizzed past his face.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Dressed up like a Saudi prince, he can most likely have any weapon on the planet.

Maybe that one came free with his last Bentley special.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex have you seen what a shotgun with a rifled barrel and slugs can do? If not yet try it one day out to over 300 yards slining huge lead.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

AA12 fully automatic shotgun. I did a thread on this back a while ago. This thing is wicked.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

They look like gifts from the CIA..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

more important,who are these guys? They really don't looked like a trained army unit! And a bit out of shape too!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

I was thinking much the same. The only guy who looks to be in shape is the older man on the far right. And considering how the middle east has been perpetually at war, that could explain some things, like how he became old and still alive.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The KSG is only $900 with 14+1, but not semi. I think it would do the trick though.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat
more important,who are these guys? They really don't looked like a trained army unit! And a bit out of shape too!

Photo op during a wedding...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

Gun ownership is very common in the middle east. Especially among middle, upper middle, and upper class.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That is one of the old experimental Stoner designs from the early 1960's that the US rejected. The mag location is due to the interchangabvle parts system, intended to allow it to convert from battle rifle to assault rifle to LMG with a 3 part switch out of internals. When the Stoner didn't secure a US contractt, some of his design plans went overseas..

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I've been seeing a lot of that shotgun the past few days in photos from over there. I wonder who is supplying them. Turkey maybe?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

When Eugene Stoner failed to make a US contract, designs for his revolutionary weapon system made it's way overseas...this is one foreign built example...similisr, I'm sure to the 56 "kalanikov klones" of the AK-47 / 74 / AKM built in various eastern bloc nations..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I dont think the Turkish government is supplying these shotguns. This particular model is popular in the Islamic world. Same with the Remington 870.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I've done multiple tours (and no, i wasn't a fobbit) and don't ever recall seeing this weapon. I did see a lot of Remingtons and Mossys. Also a lot of the older WW2 era stuff. Then again, I was Evac'ed in 2008 and haven't been back since. Things are always changing.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It's something you'll find in places like Saudi Arabia before you see it in Afghanistan or Iraq as an insurgent weapon.

Insurgencies tend to purchase cheaper weapons where as well to do civilians would buy higher end weaponry.

I never encountered the Anakon in Afghanistan, but SF did capture tons of 870s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join