It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum computation: Fragile yet error-free (update)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

"To detect and correct general errors in a quantum computer, we need highly sophisticated so-called quantum error-correcting codes." The topological code used for this current experiment was proposed by Martin-Delgado's research group in Madrid. It arranges the qubits on a two-dimensional lattice, where they can interact with the neighboring particles....

"This 7-ion system applied for encoding one logical quantum bit can be used as a building block for much larger quantum systems," says theoretical physicist Müller. "The bigger the lattice, the more robust it becomes. The result might be a quantum computer that could perform any number of operations without being impeded by errors."

I was sitting around one day a while back and conjured up the following: www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Quantum computers using checksum algorithms that aim to satisfy the geometry of a Cuboctahedron using a base-12 system parallel existing 8-bit processing, much of which will be expressed using binary golay code. "

This was just a teaser in a way... just to see if there were any like minded people out there...

A couple of months ago i elaborated on in a different thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
"when decomposed, the cuboctahedrong becomes a octahedron + 8 irregular but equal octahedras of convex hull architecture while removing two opposite vertices. This then paralleling cell-first projection of a 24-cell into 3rd dimension and under this projection the forming a projection envelope that can be decomposed into 6 squares + 1 octahedron + 8 irregular octahedra.

These elements correspond with the images of the six octahedral cells in the 24-cell with regards to the nearest and furthest cells from the 4d view point along with the 8 pairs of cells respectively.

Thus solving the allusive algorithmic problem of finding the convext hull of a finite set of poins in the plane or low-dimension euclidean spaces by reverse engineering or re-composing the set back into cuboctahedron form in accordance with a cantellated 16-cell construction. Through 12 permutations in 4-space now alternatively using cartesian coordinates of edge length of ^(1/2) centered at the origin of .....

then sphere packing -- hupercube--- 24 dimensional leech lattice using duodecimal and given a binary translation. "

I made this thread to share some interesting news regarding the future of technology. Additionally, to yet again bring light to my version which is essential the same thing, but better. I cant make it work, but maybe someone out there could make it better... The interesting part(to me at least) is that I came up with my means quantum computing at random... having no idea a similar direction was going to actually be attempted.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: retirednature

There is already a thread talking about this article Physicists have experimentally encoded one quantum bit (qubit)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
so it has, mods pls rmv

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I understood the article because it explained it.

Though all the words that you specifically wrote went way over my head. Please explain in laymens terms

Is everything you said just a fancy way of saying "Error checking correcting code" for a quantum computer?

edit on 14-6-2014 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: retirednature
It's ok, I didn't use the exact title so I can see how it got missed when you were searching to see if this topic has already been discussed.

I would love to hear more of your knowledge about the subject matter in the thread I created

Can you add the things you said in your OP and add it into mine? I would like to see some great discussions happening so I can learn more about the subject.
edit on 14-6-2014 by Margana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If you're retired, You should try crackin a cold one and go fishing, I like quantum physics,but that made my head want to explode just reading it. Maybe I shouldn't read so fast.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: w8tn4it

I cracked a corona and caught a red snapper last night

Basically...

take the image found in the article:
www.sciencedaily.com...

now go 3-d with the image found on the wiki page for the cuboctahedron:
en.wikipedia.org...

here's an interesting video I found that visually expresses some of the unique properties of the coboctahedron.

www.youtube.com...

Then... most importantly: Introduction to Group Theory

feed on this:

new topics

top topics

join