enough!" Then I hung up on her.

A couple hours after that we talked again; but

there was a distance between us that was not there

before.

A little while ago I went into the lobby of the

apartment building we live in (me on one side of

the building; her on the other) and she was

checking in her new best friend; yes you guessed

the "lesbian supplier" who says she is a Christian.

Again...I am very hurt...I am a clean and sober

person...so I guess they have more in common.

It is sad really.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sorry, I know it's painful but like all things,

This too shall pass...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Im pretty sure Jesus said "judge not lest ye be judged"

Sounds like a typical Christian to me... Love to condemn others yet don't follow their own Lords words...

I feel for ya... Im going through the Exact same thing in my life

edit on 14-6-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Im pretty sure Jesus said "judge not lest ye be judged"

Sounds like a typical Christian to me... Love to condemn others yet don't follow their own Lords words...

Thank you for your support; so...you are going through something similar; if you want to share I would like to give you support too.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Yes...I am familiar with the saying...and it is true...in time the pain lessens and I'll have moved on.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Hello, your post really resonated with me. I've always felt that I could get along with anybody despite differences. I've made great efforts to befriend people only to find out how unreliable, fickle, and cruel they can be.

I know it hurts to lose friends over these weird issues. You're not alone! Just keep pushing forward and find the people who will recognize what a great friend you are; the people who will always stick by you and allow you to stick by them

edit on 14-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
caladonea ,

I almost hate to say this, but as we all get older, our friend base will increase & decrease over time.

I'm kind of just now getting over loosing my best friend for the last time - we were best friends since 5th grade. Even all through Middle-School & High-School, we were planning on rooming together as well. Well, he moved away once high-school started, and that's where he pretty much ditched me; no calls, no invites to come over, nothing.

About a year later, he comes out to a friend's party that I'm attending, and although I was able to recognize him instantly, I didn't even get a glance...not until he was in dire need of my "drunk babysitting" skills (that was my job at the parties; my friends knew I could be relied on to keep them out of trouble). After sitting there with a bucket for 20 minutes, he finally looked up and realized who was watching over him. I still don't know which took a chunk out of me more: the fact that he had become someone that passed out drunk every chance he could get, or the fact that he only knew it was me after almost passing out.

If it helps any, remember, if they think you are going to hell, let them. And if you feel inclined to give your friend a bit of advice, remind her that she cannot predict the future, what happens in the end is between you & your creator. And if you end up in hell, then you'll be in good company, as I'm sure several ATS members will be there as well. I was told I'm going there as I don't follow the "traditional" Christian way...I told them to keep on believing it, because they better pray they get down there before I do

-fossilera

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Firstly, "lesbian supplier"...what does that mean exactly? It's an odd wording. I assume her female partner?

Have you considered that this new friend of hers is influencing her and feels threatened by you in some way?

On a more out-there consideration; have you considered that this "lesbian supplier" has more friends and is a type of cult inducting her into their doctrine? Cults have a way of 'getting rid of' old friends, family, acquaintances, etc.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Its easy for me to say forget about her, but that's my very suggestion.
Go spend your time with people who appreciate your company and don't compare themselves with you. Don't waste it in the company of prudes.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Its never easy to lose friends regardless of the reasons why .. from what you describe of your former friend your better off without friends like that .. they will only drag you down with them ..

On the path of life friends come and go .. its part of the journey.

Besides .. we may be mad as hatters here but youve got alot of us here who are happy to have you as a friend ..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
And the separation into goats and sheep in action versus the pharisees continues.

Sorry for you OP but this is what you get when free will to be third eye blind is allowed on all levels. The blind will lead the blind. The angels to sheep is a demon to a pharisee since the angels will not agree with the pharisees interpretation of religion and gods will. Funny that for the pharisees conditioning from society and friends trumps spiritual observation.

They are stuck in low level duality mode. Not seeing the whole picture programmed/conditioned to only believe their limited version of it.
edit on 14-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Its a long story really... but if you're interested it started here

Oh lord... Why me?!?

To give a brief summery... Its me against an entire family of hardcore fundamentalist Christians...

Most of them hate me, even though she swears they don't hate anyone...

They do nothing but fill her head with their assumptions about who I am, even though none of them know me...

They judge me every chance they get... and try to keep her away from me any way they can...

They tell her im an unbeliever, which she knows is not true.... then toss the old "do not be unequally yoked" passage from Paul, which actually says do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers which does not apply to me.

At first they supported our age difference, then flipped the script... Basically they use anything they can to keep her from me...

Her Father even threatened to kick her out if she continues to see me, which he did not follow though with...

Recently her sister even went so far as to say to her... "IF you to end up getting married, he will not be aloud around my children or at my house" which really hurt her to say the least...

I think they're intimidated by me because I know the bible better then all of them combined... they see me as a threat to their beliefs and I could easily crush said beliefs but it would be pointless because they believe the bible is infallible...and yet I will not because I refuse to hurt her...

The ironic thing is... This is the reason I left Christianity to begin with... I couldn't handle associating myself with Christians because I've experienced how they treat people that are not part of their flock... Its disgusting, repulsive... and NOT Christ like at all...

IF you call yourself a Christian.... At least follow the words of Christ...

And now that I am on the verge of returning to Christianity... I end up face to face with the beast that turned me from it in the first place...

edit on 14-6-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This is frequently a difficult thing to talk about. IMO -- and it's merely an option -- you two may need to negotiate the things that you both need in order to have a healthy relationship......... OR ........... just walk away and wish the best for your former partner.

I have been married......... happily married .......... for 25 years. Both of us have learned to negotiate for the things that we need. It's a process that makes everything level and happy. It also lends itself toward new things, new understandings, new ideas. You want to stay with somebody, you had better learn to parlay with them.

Best of luck to you in the future.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

This is frequently a difficult thing to talk about. IMO -- and it's merely an option -- you two may need to negotiate the things that you both need in order to have a healthy relationship......... OR ........... just walk away and wish the best for your former partner.

I have been married......... happily married .......... for 25 years. Both of us have learned to negotiate for the things that we need. It's a process that makes everything level and happy. It also lends itself toward new things, new understandings, new ideas. You want to stay with somebody, you had better learn to parlay with them.

Best of luck to you in the future.

I am going on 18 years of marriage here and I don't think there could be much better advice than what you gave above.

PARLAY. PARLAY. PARLAY.

I wish I could give you applause myself just for that nugget of wisdom. If you can't parlay... You will find yourself old and alone. If not old and alone, than with someone miserable and still alone. And there's not a whole lot worse than being with someone and still feeling alone/lonely. That is a feeling like none other IMO.

I always heard "Just because you fight, it doesn't mean you don't love each other, and just because you don't fight.... it doesn't mean that you do". That has always rang true in every relationship I have had, be it a sexual one or a plutonic one.

Parlay indeed.
edit on 6/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Sorry that your friend is a mentalist

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I like your advise; I talked to Mary earlier and her new friend said that she thinks I am superficial and that she does not feel the "Holy Spirit" within me. Really I am perplexed; because this person does not know me at all. I have good manners...and I guess maybe some people look at that has being superficial.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Yes...I like what you said ...that in the end what happens is between me and my Creator.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kalunom
Firstly, "lesbian supplier"...what does that mean exactly? It's an odd wording. I assume her female partner?

Have you considered that this new friend of hers is influencing her and feels threatened by you in some way?

On a more out-there consideration; have you considered that this "lesbian supplier" has more friends and is a type of cult inducting her into their doctrine? Cults have a way of 'getting rid of' old friends, family, acquaintances, etc.

"Lesbian supplier"...on ATS we need to be careful about wording sometimes; I will contact you through private message and explain this.

You have brought up a very good point...about the "cult" thing...and I had not thought of that...until now.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It is interesting you said...what you have said...because although I do have some other friends...I have not been as close to them as I have been with Mary. I am making plans to go to some social events and meet some new people.

This reply is for the member: (Theliewelive).

edit on 15-6-2014 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Thanks for what you have said...more ATS friends are just what I need!

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join