It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Knocked Down at Staples Center

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Won't be the last one knocked down either. Hopefully the law see's this and learns, people will not tolerate it.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is the second drone "incident" that has been in the media lately, private owners of drone "toys" are actually violating the law as is not laws that protect this "toys" but the "toys" are violating public laws.

I say stone any drone that is hovering in public places invading citizens privacy.

Personally I have no given anybody including the media permission to be taking pictures or making movies of me.
edit on 14-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Just try real hard not to do it right over a packed crowd of people.... That didn't look as small as the toy one posted a pic of as it fell through people to get a look at the scale of it in comparison.

That thing could have really hurt if someone took it in the head.
edit on 6/14/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is what I'm talking about.....
Kiplay Hi Power Drone Killer!!!

edit on 14-6-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

That is the problem with drones that can be purchased "over the counter", they are not reliable and they are no safe, this drones are for sell and nobody is monitoring their safety Wrabbit.

Even some of the more expensive drone used by the government has crashed also, thankfully no hurting anybody around when they do just yet, wait when a drone kills somebody and you will see the public outrage at the illegal use of them.

A Drone Fell From the Sky and Exploded Next to a Florida Highway

gizmodo.com...

Oversea,

Drone falls out of the sky and injures athlete

A triathlete suffered head injuries after an unmanned aerial vehicle fell out of the sky, with the pilot claiming the drone had been hacked.

www.cnet.com...

Drone Falls Dangerously Out of Sky; Local News Station Reveals What It Had Been Filming

www.theblaze.com...

The sad thing about this privately owned drones is that they can easily be invading the privacy of your home with their cameras.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Desert3dR0ma

Yup, this Forbes article agrees

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
bottles, fail.
shoes, fail
sweatshirt, win.

so if you ever want to down a local hobbyist quadcopter to be an ass just toss a hoodie up there

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Thats a phantom 2 and they are a lot safer then most of you think. Its not the government flying it and its filming in a public place so get a clue. Anybody else can take pictures in public and people aren't smashing their stuff cause they are in public. Thats a private citizens equipment that probably got destroyed. I understand what he was trying to do and that was get aerial footage of the celebration. But some people got out of hand and acted like Neanderthals like hey we've never seen this before lets throw stuff at it. Its probably the government spying on us.

It is not programmed to withstand shirts being thrown at it or any other objects so whoever threw the shirt should assume all liability if someone got hurt.

So back to the safety issue, they are programmed with GPS and the phantom 2 can be preprogrammed to land within 3 meters of the exact place it took off without any mechanical failures or human error. You can also program it to fly and land by waypoints. Some of you need to get a grip.

Someone lost some serious money, Thats about 800 for the phantom 2-400 for the go pro, 1-300 for the gimbal and probably had fpv so thats another 1-300 bucks.

He shouldn't have been flying that low common sense would dictate but that doesn't make it ok to wreck someone else's property.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Looks like a DJI phantom. I have the same one, I use it to do aerial hd cinematography of state parks and waterfalls around here, fitted with a gopro.

I know some people use them to take video of sporting events, and this a prime example of why I world never. Humans are ignorant and disgusting drunk or not; hey guys let's just smash somones 1500 dollar camera equipment!. Ill stick to nature. If someone did that to mine I'd rip their cell phone out of their hands and smash it under my boot.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I am surprised at people's thinking that its alright to be spied upon by a drone and am also shocked that they seem to value some piece of spying machinery as something that should be respected like someone else's car. A drone is a spy tool and nothing else.

If private citizens are buying them it seems strange they don't have something better to spend their money on.

One day one of thosed things will get out of control and plough into a crowd of people and hurt them. I would like to see the reaction when this happens and the size of the law suits.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

A skateboard is all it takes to knock one of those things down?

I didn't know that drones were so fragile...kinda scary if we are going count on those to take on the ISIS creeps...

edit on Jun2339390623393923America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
I can see police departments using this for crowd control monitoring.

Police can see when a fight breaks out or if anyone is causing vandalism.

Whoever owns the drone I think it's reckless to fly above crowds.

I don't like it. So no sympathy for the owner from me.

Thats what i thought.

But then i also thought it wasnt particularly smart of the crowd to invite a drone-to-face accident by knocking it down!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
I'd laugh a bit more perhaps, if we weren't watching several thousand dollars of what was likely someone's personal property being crashed and destroyed. God knows how much camera equipment might have been in the lower mount.

Hell.. It's funny to ruin other people's stuff tho! WooHoo!

** I'm assuming private property....because I cannot fathom actual media being that stupid with high dollar equipment.

I have to disagree here - if that was a government surveillance drone, the people have every right to knock it out of the sky. It shows that no one wants that. In Palestine, children are hit by drone strikes. I would be more worried if the people stood there complacent to their privacy being violated like that.

I can go over why the people have the right to knock it out of the sky - it was bought with taxpayer money, and the taxpayers didn't have a say in the matter - their money is going towards technology that is directly opposed to their best interest.

So no one loses money here except for the same taxpayers that damaged what they bought themselves. If the government is producing technology with taxpayer money that taxpayers hate enough to knock out of the sky, the government is spending the taxpayer money in the wrong way.

-----

There is a legitimate question whether or not that was a government drone, or a media drone, for example - even some pizza delivery chains are using drones these days - all I can say is people don't like them, they are too easy to use nefariously.
edit on 15amSun, 15 Jun 2014 05:55:54 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
a reply to: MagicWand67

A skateboard is all it takes to knock one of those things down?

I didn't know that drones were so fragile...kinda scary if we are going count on those to take on the ISIS creeps...

It was a sweater, actuallly! I think it was able to mess with the air currents being used as lift.
edit on 15amSun, 15 Jun 2014 05:57:30 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ironic, you guys want to knock down peoples personal drones because you feel it infringes on your rights but are happy to infringe on their rights by destroying private property.

Filming in public is perfectly legal, even from above.

Next you'll want planes windows blacked out, because a passenger might film out their window!

No more filming of your sky diving adventure..

Sounds fascist to me, not standing up for freedoms.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Filming in public is perfectly legal, even from above.

That would depend on where you are filming. If you are on public property then yes it's legal but seeing how this was a Staples you need to check out their rules first. If they do not allow filming or pictures to be taken then it would be illegal.

Photography and the law

Photography on private property that is generally open to the public (e.g., a shopping mall) is usually permitted unless explicitly prohibited by posted signs. Even if no such signs are posted, the property owner or agent can ask a person to stop photographing, and if the person refuses to do so, the owner or agent can ask the person to leave the property. In some jurisdictions, a person who refuses to leave can be arrested for criminal trespass, and many jurisdictions recognize the common-law right to use reasonable force to remove a trespasser; a person who forcibly resists a lawful removal may be liable for battery, assault, or both.

Sounds fascist to me, not standing up for freedoms.

Please show me where it says in the constitution where you have the right to photograph people.
edit on 15-6-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

After checking out the rules at Staples whoever was doing this was breaking the law videotaping people at Staples isn't allowed.
STAPLES Center

Are cameras allowed inside STAPLES Center? Yes! Non-professional, non-flash, still photography is permitted at most events (disposable, digital, or 35mm cameras with no interchangeable or telephoto lens). Video and audio recording is prohibited.

edit on 15-6-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Most people enjoy killing and destroying so this is no surprise. Look at what happens every time a sport team wins the championship. Add in ignorance - "What is it? I don't know. Destroy it".

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Please show me where it says in the constitution where you have the right to photograph people.

That's a lame argument. A subset of "pic or it didn't happen".

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
These surveillance drones don't bother you at all?

No, why should they?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What about outside the staples centre?

Looks like its outside.

Lucky the guy filming didn't get his phone smashed by the freedom loving crowd, no different to the drone filming is it?

Oh and show me on the constitution where it says that you CAN'T photograph people, don't even know why you brought it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join