It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hagel orders USS George H.W. Bush to Persian Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well at this point they will be no boots on the ground...we screwed up big time over there in my opinion.
We all know this would be another Vietnam. I know a guy that has has a buss. here that lived there and he said point blank" there will never ever be peace there.. it has been going on for a thousand years..the US can do nothing... the best thing is to let them fight it out"!WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered an aircraft carrier — the USS George H.W. Bush — to move from the northern Arabian Sea to the Persian Gulf as President Obama considers possible military options for Iraq.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Can we order the REAL George H W Bush there as well to let him finish what he started?

I predict many more ordered to the ME in the near future. Gotta keep the minds off the election coming up, ya know.

Godspeed and fair weather, shipmates!
edit on 6/14/2014 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana
All I can say is it is a scary situation... what will be ,will be.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The George Bush is the ONLY carrier in the Gulf region and it has been there since February. This is NOT a new deployment. Indeed, this is the lightest US forces have been in the area in YEARS because there is no Amphibious Ready Group anywhere near. the US has been operating with two CVN Carrier Strike Groups in the Gulf region over 50% of the time for literally years.

If you want to report this accurately you need to point out that the lone carrier in the Gulf was moved slightly closer to Iraq than it was before.

What is unusual here is that there are not MORE forces afloat in the Gulf.

top topics

join