It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor’s fellowship terminated for speaking out on global warming in the Wall Street Journal.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
I think this will become the norm now. the government has now stepped in with full force to assure their agenda is carried out and anyone whom dares to speak the real truth will be silenced.

Welcome to the new Dark Ages and the Rule of the Scientific Orthodox Church where science is all about the "truth" except where it isn't, and if it isn't and you do some actual science that proves it, you better shut up about it or be burned at the puritans' stake.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

When we are all drowning in boiling water, I will remember the names on this thread, and curse them all. By then, of course, it will be too late: you lot would already have destroyed humanity.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Climate changes. It's what it does and will do and always has done. Earth has been both hotter and colder in its past. Scientists freely admit they don't know how or why these dramatic shifts in climate happened, only that they did. Scientists freely admit that they don't know how the current climate of the Earth works, but you expect us to believe with 100% certainty that they can tell us beyond all doubt that our activity is wrecking a mechanism they also admit they don't understand? How do they know that? It doesn't make any logical sense.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If the world's best climate scientists have not been able to convince you, I do not flatter myself that I shall be.

I am not posting here for the sake of argument, but merely to have it noticed that not all members of Above Top Secret are the ostrich-headed dogs in the manger a glance at this thread would suggest we are.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I

I am not posting here for the sake of argument, but merely to have it noticed that not all members of Above Top Secret are the ostrich-headed dogs in the manger a glance at this thread would suggest we are.

MMmm, Ostrich are clever beasties, not only that, their necks stick out of the manger, and they can see all round them.

Not many humans can see how dark it is in Africa, and how bright it is in Europe and the US, and all the rest...well they can see, but do not comprehend. The truth is, Africa is dark by design.
Quote Rossiters's colleague,

“even if the mercury weren’t rising” we should bring “the developing world into the postindustrial age in a sustainable manner.”

Now do you see what this thread is about, what Rossiter is about? It's not just about GW is it!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If the world's best climate scientists have not been able to convince you, I do not flatter myself that I shall be.

You mean the same ones that said 15 years ago that I would be drowning by now living on the coast, or the IPCC that said if nothing happened by 2012 it would be too late? Or are you talking about James Hansen head of NASA goddard inst. said Obama had 4 years to fix it?

Like these climate scientist and experts?

Or Al Gore: Spoken in 2006
“Many scientists are now warning that we are moving closer to several “tipping points” that could — within as little as 10 years — make it impossible for us to avoid irretrievable damage to the planet’s habitability for human civilization.”

My personal Al Gore Favorite:
“The interior of the earth is extremely hot – several million degrees.” (It actually peaks out at about 11,000 degrees.)

Like this ultimate expert on Global Warming/Climate Change...

I am not posting here for the sake of argument, but merely to have it noticed that not all members of Above Top Secret are the ostrich-headed dogs in the manger a glance at this thread would suggest we are."

Nor are they 3 blind mice.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

I am not posting here for the sake of argument, but merely to have it noticed that not all members of Above Top Secret are the ostrich-headed dogs in the manger a glance at this thread would suggest we are."

Nor are they 3 blind mice.

It was a bad simile used. I notice though that Astyanax has on the Avatar, "Mind firmly closed"

I don't know about anything being noticed in this thread anyway. It's not listed in the 'new' page, just in the 'fragile Earth forum' and there's me thinking this was important enough for all members to see, seems I was wrong.
So thanks for your reply, and to all members who responded, indeed they were all very perceptive.
edit on 15-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

This is the same old story with the current administration today. If you can't attack the issues or the science then attack the person, discredit with innuendo, make cheap shots based on what a blog says. Create a label and do your best to ruin the person.

Sorry I am only getting to your other post now,
I Completely agree, that was a cheap shot, you could say almost 'Tactical' /AKA being economical with the truth.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
For perspective some may find interesting... If every bit of ice on the surface of our planet were to melt and leave not so much as an ice cube in a bar for what isn't in the ocean to cause sea rise? No one but the very very slow to walk to higher ground, would be drowning.

What if all the ice melted? - NatGeo World Simulation map

Perspective is everything sometimes.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

Propaganda is an incredibly powerful tool when used properly.

Yes it is, and they have had all the time in the world to fine-tune and implement it in practically every facet of the American/Westernized world. I imagine they are doing the same in the East, but I am far less familiar with their current propaganda techniques.

The majority of us alive today have been subject to the modern propaganda machine since birth.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
For perspective some may find interesting... If every bit of ice on the surface of our planet were to melt and leave not so much as an ice cube in a bar for what isn't in the ocean to cause sea rise? No one but the very very slow to walk to higher ground, would be drowning.

What if all the ice melted? - NatGeo World Simulation map

Perspective is everything sometimes.

quite honestly I think the gig is on it's way out, at least in the way the IPCC has been presenting it. There are now too many dissenting scientists to make the UN IPCC a credible function, there are also too many scientists who know and understand that 'Climategate' was a real fraud and a fudge, and they are angry since 2010.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher
a reply to: Euphem

Propaganda is an incredibly powerful tool when used properly.

Yes it is, and they have had all the time in the world to fine-tune and implement it in practically every facet of the American/Westernized world. I imagine they are doing the same in the East, but I am far less familiar with their current propaganda techniques.

The majority of us alive today have been subject to the modern propaganda machine since birth.

You are absolutely correct, every day we are very subtly manipulated in the direction of progressive policies. It all started with the Nazi party, they learned the power of propaganda before anyone else. At this point in history I would say the US has perfected it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: smurfy

This is exactly the way its done when you want to push an agenda..........

This kind of stuff should speak louder then anything else in the man made global warming debate..........

If its TRUE, then why are people being fired and losing their lively hoods , and shut down, when they might have a different opinion?

Isnt science about coming up with answers and dif theories?

Shouldnt truth stand on its own merit?

Or have we abandoned that for Scientific Dictatorship?

I had to think hard and long about your post and really, every word is true.

The big trick..I think, on the part of the IPCC who up to this point run the show is that of 97% of scientists who agree on Global Warming, however the UN, IPCC basis is still about AGW being the cause, so they just call it Global Warming now. But since 'Climategate' scientists are getting the hump up, some are calling for the IPCC crew to stand down.

Look at this incomplete list of dissenters,

Environmental physicist Dr. Jean-Louis Pinault: ‘This is a very uneven debate, skeptics cannot enforce their arguments in scientific journals that are subject to censorship’ – Declares AGW has produced an ‘economic and political media frenzy unprecedented in the history of science’
Another Dissenter: Geoscientst & former UN Consultant Dr. David Kear declares warming fears ‘based on unfounded unscientific beliefs’ – An ‘innocent gas, CO2, has been demonized and criminalized’
Another Prominent Scientist Dissents! Fmr. NASA Scientist Dr. Les Woodcock ‘Laughs’ at Global Warming – ‘Global warming is nonsense’
Flashback: UN IPCC Lead Author Dr. Richard Tol admits no global warming for 17 years – Rips bias in IPCC – UN’s ‘inbuilt alarmism made me step down’ – ‘By the time the report was finished, however, it hadn’t warmed for 17 years’
Green Guru James Lovelock on Climate Change: ‘I don’t think anybody really knows what’s happening. They just guess’ – Lovelock Reverses Himself on Global Warming.

More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims – Challenge UN IPCC & Gore
Top Swedish Climate Scientist Says Warming Not Noticeable: ‘The warming we have had last a 100 years is so small that if we didn’t have climatologists to measure it we wouldn’t have noticed it at all’ – Award-Winning Dr. Lennart Bengtsson, formerly of UN IPCC: ‘We Are Creating Great Anxiety Without It Being Justified’
‘High Priestess of Global Warming’ No More! Former Warmist Climate Scientist Judith Curry Admits To Being ‘Duped Into Supporting IPCC’ – ‘If the IPCC is dogma, then count me in as a heretic’
German Meteorologist reverses belief in man-made global warming: Now calls idea that CO2 Can Regulate Climate ‘Sheer Absurdity’ — ‘Ten years ago I simply parroted what the IPCC were saying.

All the above are links for further discussion, and you can find them here and more,

www.climatedepot.com... ipcc-gore-2/

edit on 16-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko Totally agree, when is science simply not science but propogander, lies and nonsence. True science is based on data and must be provable and repeatable etc. When the data does not support a hypothosis then that hypothosis can not be true. Like all the other things with these satanic illuminatists science is turned upside down and is just a study in opposites. Money and prestiege are big factors in determining what people will do and say. Those with money are very much controlling factors in who gets funded and who does not These people are the ones that control who gets heard and who is silenced. Those who have dissenting voices will simply get fired as this gentleman was or the university will lose funding if they do not get rid of their dissenting voices. Like many other professions such as the media those that are prepare to prosititute themselves for money and prestiege will say anything as the best jobs etc are those that toe the line reguardless of the true or not.

In many ways a slightly warmer climate would be beneficial to humans anyway (eg greater food production, more liviable land as some areas are not as coldor as arid etc)

The arogance of some of these elites is simply astounding from the hiding many cleaner safer energy technologies Eg : tesla to the spraying of chemtrails ( highly enviromentally damaging ) to the dumping in the enviroment of truely toxic chemicals to the proliferation or radioactive or highly toxic weapons ( 2000+ nuclear weapons tests ) to the short life and built in obsolence in all our major products how dare they blame us and carbon dioxide when they are supposubly in charge and it is their enterprises that are contributing to the enviromental deregation of this planet.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I dont know if global warming or climate change is happening and if it is I dont know if humans are the cause. I read arguments for both sides of those topics and honestly it's hard for someone like me who isnt a professional in the subject to decide what is true.

I notice more extreme weather all across the globe from freezing temperatures to soaring heat waves and massive storms. But again I dont know if that is just because I pay more attention to the news and weather now than when I was a kid. I have vague memories of major flooding or drought shown on TV back then so I know it happened but does it happen more now? I Dont know!

The one thing I know for sure is that recycling, saving energy and reducing carbon emissions doesnt hurt anybody. With or without climate change it can only be a good thing. I'm no tree hugger I sure as hell could be greener but looking after the planet is just the right thing to do and not because it might kill us if we dont.
edit on 5440Wednesday402014-06-18T07:40:54-05:004054 6 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qspeedyrock

In many ways a slightly warmer climate would be beneficial to humans anyway (eg greater food production, more liviable land as some areas are not as coldor as arid etc)

Warming up Siberia has long been a Russian desire, that is not to say that there is some covert attempt on their part to be doing so though, or why even bother now if there is a rising Earth temperature, but then again a natural process of warming would not be any day soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

When we are all drowning in boiling water, I will remember the names on this thread, and curse them all. By then, of course, it will be too late: you lot would already have destroyed humanity.

Well, go and live next to lake Superior, it still has iceburgs on it, in the middle of June! So the 'boiling water' should not trouble you too much.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silicis n Volvo

The one thing I know for sure is that recycling, saving energy and reducing carbon emissions doesnt hurt anybody. With or without climate change it can only be a good thing. I'm no tree hugger I sure as hell could be greener but looking after the planet is just the right thing to do and not because it might kill us if we dont.

Emissions have always been a problem. London, when I was a kid used to have the Pea-Soupers, massive dirty smogs, that killed thousands of people, it's a smokeless zone now since the 1960's. Recycling has always been done in some form or other, but saving energy is more tricky, all national grids are on line 24/7 that's for the good of everyone.
But do you not see the industrialised world's atitude to the 'third world' countries? They want Africa to be considered post-industrial before it even becomes industrial, no national electricity, no sophistcated hospital prgrammes, no water grids and so on, that's what Rossiter is shouting about in the face of what he sees as a huge con.
Ordinary people in some ways are also to blame, for not querying and questioning nearly enough. Or they complain about wind energy installations spoiling the countryside, blah blah.
Extreme weather, earthquakes and floods, have always been around, I been here long enough to understand that in just my little piece of existence.
Check out this wiki page on natural, and man made disasters of the past,

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-6-2014 by smurfy because: Link.

<< 1   >>

join