It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Who Gave Birth to Lizard Accused of Witchcraft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hey wait. Did i miss something there? Did he take a cheap shot at me?
Well, i never...

i can assure you dude, i am not into lizards. If you wanna come by for a visit you will see it's just me, my cats and my pet gerbils.
that was just mean of you, really!a reply to: VoidHawk

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
She did what?

And I sweat rose petals.

Also I thought 'V' was only a Tv series in the 80s.
Was fun to watch those lizard aliens hiding under fake human skin...

Come on guys, I know it's a Saturday, and news is slow, but ..... now come on.

Happy Saturday

edit on 14/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling, because I've had 2 beers

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Good answer. Thats kind of like what i tell people too, you know, when they get too nosy...good answera reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I accept that the proposition you quoted from the article is even better than my ones, in terms of plausibility. But if anything, that reinforces the point, that to jump from no idea, to "Oh Jesus, no! I gave birth to a lizard!", is ABSURD!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: manna2
Hey wait. Did i miss something there? Did he take a cheap shot at me?
Well, i never...

i can assure you dude, i am not into lizards. If you wanna come by for a visit you will see it's just me, my cats and my pet gerbils.
that was just mean of you, really!a reply to: VoidHawk

Huh!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Char-Lee

I accept that the proposition you quoted from the article is even better than my ones, in terms of plausibility. But if anything, that reinforces the point, that to jump from no idea, to "Oh Jesus, no! I gave birth to a lizard!", is ABSURD!

Lol well yeah, but in the case stated she would already be suffering from a delusion of pregnancy, and to be fair it was the midwife who seems to have done the conclusion jumping! Wonder if Geckos are all over the walls there like in Hawaii, they ran around on the hotel walls.
The amount of superstition and gullibility in some places even in this day and age is amazing.

But having said that who knows...

I would think it should have been a larger lizard though.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
100% plausible!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm just taking a wild guess here..but I'll say a Midwife needs some time in one of India's finer correctional institutions to ponder the concept of fraud on the public and great harm to individuals.

Why?

Well.. Unless birth is considered a spectator sport in India, I figure there are likely two people involved in the mysterious birth. Mom and Midwife...and Mom can't see whats happening when an "eggless" lizard supposedly gets birthed.

Hmmm... Perhaps the midwife needs a psychiatrist more, coming to think of it...but then, public hysteria? I mean, people really bought this crap?

Does school there not teach reptiles break out of eggs and are not birthed by mammals?

Biology...it's not just a good concept. It's a way of life!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
the funniest thing about this thread is all the replies.

Had a good laugh.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I would look closely at the mid-wife or any friends, relatives etc... who suddenly end up with a baby.

Clearly that is not feasible, I normally believe anything is possible but this is just, gosh there are no words. witchcraft or not this just does not happen. In all likelihood either the mother did not want a baby or someone else did and decided to fake everyone out. It is possible they doped the mom up and took the baby before she knew what happened.

She should have an ultrasound done pronto to examine the after effects of her pregnancy. Where is the placenta?

Question the mid-wife, question every single person close to the lady and question the lady herself because their is likely a baby somewhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Are you saying you don't believe it ?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know man. The first thing i thought of is the geico gecko. He is the first to check for paternity imo. The resemblance is uncannya reply to: SonoftheSun

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Was about to close this thread when I saw this post and nearly spit soda all over the screen. (I think it was the emoticon that set it off...lol)

I want to believe....I WANT TO BELIEVE...
Trying to believe.....
Not working....

Done laughing....closing thread after hitting reply...

*This has been your flyby post of the day....brought to you by Jakal

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2

At the end of the article, you have a little voting option...

"Is this a Hoax. Yes / No." 9% are saying no.

Just wow.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So she may have used the gecko as a vibrator and got more than she bargained for and in that case yep she may as well be burnt at the stake as a witch for partaking in bestiality, so either that or the gecko was just looking for a good hole with in-built heating while she was asleep.

Either one of the above occurred or the whole story is full of crap

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Obvious bulls**t.

It is impossible for a human to get impregnated by a lizard, or any other species other then another human.
Same with a lizard getting impregnated by anything other then the same species of lizard.
There are incidences where animals closely related can reproduce, like a donkey and a horse creating a mule, or a lion and a tiger, but the offspring are sterile, and therefor are not classified as a new species... but called hybrids.

A simple biology class will teach you that.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
But did they test to make sure she is a witch ?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Clearly nonsense, Op. I can't believe people give any credence to drivel like this in 2014.....the most alarming thing about this article is that anyone could actually believe it to be possible !

Wait a minute.......!

Yes I can, people don't seem to have much in the way of thinking skills, just blind, unquestioning belief....

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Elizaberth!

I say hang her!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
"Is it a hoax" at the bottom.

91% think it is a hoax - what a not surprising result.

edit on b5555358 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join