learn more

Does time have an objective existence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

The light can get distorted in gravitational lensing however, as in this simulation of an Einstein ring forming around a black hole, but it has little effect on arrival time to Earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is a simulation. Okay. Any evidence that this actually occurs or is this just more inductive inference?

The truth of it all doesn't actually affect my own theory (at all), but I'd sure love to find someone that can actually prove what your simulation suggests. To date, I've not run into anything but descriptions and simulations - which (not to be disrespectful) aren't any better than scriptures and paintings of Jesus, as far as proof is concerned.

edit on 6/16/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster
Yes and no. A nearly complete Einstein ring was shown in the other thread you just posted in, which you could take as one frame in the simulation where it's perhaps not quite perfectly centered to make the complete ring, or perhaps the gravitational field isn't radially symmetrical because the lensing object is not a black hole but a galaxy. I suspect the reason the ring isn't complete is due to a combination of the two but mostly the latter.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's mostly a yes. The reason I also say "no" is because of the speed of the animation is not realistic for a real-time occurrence. Both black holes and galaxies move, but to witness through a telescope what takes place in the animation in a few seconds could take thousands of years.

If the animation was slowed down vastly that would make it more realistic but since nobody's got thousands of years to watch it, the sped up version is more practical.

edit on 16-6-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

<< 1   >>

join