It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Islamic Army in Iraq footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
An interesting video from Iraq that is from a group calling itself the Islamic Army in Iraq.

Insurgents Chilling Videotape (Reuters).asf

This footage is from a CD-Rom obtained by The Sunday Times newspaper in Britain.

In one scene, a missile is seen hitting the tail of a helicopter.
I another scene, a very young child, is seen struggling to lift
an AK-47 as a voice-over urges Iraqis to rise up.
Attacks on fuel and supply convoys and Iraqi police vehicles are also in the video.
There are interviews at the end with the captive French journalists Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbruno.

The Reuters footage is streaming media.

If you have Edonkey, Emule or Overnet, you can download the file from me here:
2004-11-29 Insurgents Chilling Videotape, Iraq (Reuters).asf

I can't get the Emule link to work on this board, just do a search for the name: 2004-11-29 Insurgents Chilling Videotape, Iraq (Reuters).asf

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
wonder what those frenchys are saying...

otherwise that video looks like a very accurate potrayal of the insurgants side of the war, and how increasingly effective their tactics are becoming. you dont see cars driving by honking their horns when the americans pull off a kill.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
wonder what those frenchys are saying...

This is from the Reuters:

aina.org: 2 Hostages Alive in Iraq Video
"The behavior of the Islamic Army has been very good. There is no violence involved," Chesnot was quoted as saying in Arabic. "We eat three times a day and we get lots of tea and everything is available."

Chesnot said they were being held while the Islamic Army investigated their identities. He also said the security situation in Iraq was affecting their release.

"The situation is very difficult. There is an American siege as well as American patrols and once the investigations and security problems are finalized we hope to be released," the paper quoted Chesnot as saying.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
These arent insurgents. Those people are terrorists. They kidnap and use cowardly roadside bombs to destabalize releif efforts. Thats terrorism.

Insurgents are people fighting for thier liberation against an occupier or a government.

insurgent (n-srjnt)
adj.
1. Rising in revolt against established authority, especially a government.
2. Rebelling against the leadership of a political party.

\In*sur"gent\, n. [Cf. F. insurgent.] A person who rises in revolt against civil authority or an established government; one who openly and actively resists the execution of laws; a rebel.

terrorist (trr-st)
adj : characteristic of someone who employs terrorism (especially as a political weapon); "terrorist activity"; "terrorist state" n : a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities

[edit on 1-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
thats a horrible analagy, there is not such thing as terrorizing a occupying force in the heat of war. they are trying to inflict casulaties plain and simply, the easiest and most effective way to do that for them is of course road side bombs, seeing as they are not up to par with the technical aspects of war fare are side is so blessed to have.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
#1 They kill as many of thier own civilians as they do thier "enemy"
#2 I bet a fair % of them arent even Iraqi's

Terrorsts tactics pure and simple done by actual terrorists

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
When you start shooting unarmed female aid workers on video you are a terrorist plain and simple. Granted most of the worst stuff like this comes from foreign insurgents rather then the Iraqie people from the claims of the people that have been captured and released.These are the same people that kill more Iraqies the US troops. They are comming to Iraq less to free Iraq and more to kill infidels invading a muslim country.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
#1 They kill as many of thier own civilians as they do thier "enemy"
#2 I bet a fair % of them arent even Iraqi's

Terrorsts tactics pure and simple done by actual terrorists

please skippy, stop wasting our time. we already know that only a small percentage of the resistance are foreign fighters. and yes they are insurgents, your own definitions give weight to the very argument you are trying to negate. are you saying these people are NOT resisting a governing power? haha thats funny because you are right - Alllawi's "government" is not a governing power and as long as the elections are fair, never will be.

just as the history looked favourably upon the french resistance in WWII, so too will history be kind to the Iraqi Resistance.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
feel sorry for that mother who looked to be pushing a stroller possibly on the clip of the road side bomb that went off on the bridge... these animals dont care what they do as long as it kills people, iraqi, american, anybody is likely to be slaughtered by these pigs..

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm not getting video just audio?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Is anyone else concerned that this might just be a sign of things to come. Up until now the middle east has been nothing more than a group of countries with a lot of money, one common religion, but no orginization. None of these countries really worked well together and half of them were actually fighting each other. My fear is though, that we might just, instead of defeating terrorism, get these countries united like the days of long ago. They were a force to be reckoned with then and no doubt would be today, especially with the oil they have. Now, don't get me wrong I see no problem with a peaceful, union between these countries. Unfortuantley, though, most of these countries view the Western world as a vile evil culture so I don't belive there would be peace on earth.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
yes i would agree we are doing an excellent job unifying their dissent!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Yep, terrorists..
Yep Murderers, with no regard for ANY other human, no matter which side they are on.

If we weren't there killing them, they would just be killing each other.
Which IS the only reason they are unifying, very true..

Might be a good strategy, pull-out, let them have at it for a few months..
Then move back in and finish the job..

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I dont really like the idea of US servicemen dying so that the rich can get richer but, when over 100,000 civilians die I guess its not hard for people to start blowing things up.

If the Russians came here to "liberate" me and in the process killed my family and tortured me, I dont think I would have a problem using the very tactics that Iraqis are using, since I would not have access to military weapons .

PS I had a recruiter call me to let me know its my last chance to join with a bonus .
18-32 Read between the lines and buy some suntan.

new topics

top topics

join