It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call the Terrorists ISIL, Not ISIS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was hoping this op would explain to me what ISIL and ISIS are supposed to stand for. I know about the ancient goddess ISIS. Is that who they are taking their namesake from and it doesn't stand for anything? What about ISIL? Is that just one word too? Why the all capital letters then?

I just think your thread would've had a lot more meaning to it and would have further served it's purpose if these questions had been addressed. What are the meaning of these two terms and why is one better or more accurate than the other? Why is there even a choice between 2 names for a terrorist/militant group? They should just have one name.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I was hoping this op would explain to me what ISIL and ISIS are supposed to stand for. I know about the ancient goddess ISIS. Is that who they are taking their namesake from and it doesn't stand for anything? What about ISIL? Is that just one word too? Why the all capital letters then?

I just think your thread would've had a lot more meaning to it and would have further served it's purpose if these questions had been addressed. What are the meaning of these two terms and why is one better or more accurate than the other? Why is there even a choice between 2 names for a terrorist/militant group? They should just have one name.

REALLY!!!
How about you read the thread
4th post page one
I will not spell it out for you, your gonna have to go backto page one, READ, scroll down.
4th post, its right there

Seriously

edit on 16-6-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I realize this is an older post, but I really agree with you and I think the media are misguided and wrong to use the name of the great Egyptian Goddess to refer to these barbarians. Its blasphemy and an insult to women, although it may be unintentional. To hear them called that is continually irritating on top of everything else. Isil is okay, but I don't care what they are called, I just find it so disgusting to think of any divine reference related to these psychopaths. Thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Good point raising the concern, They are however called Daesh.

But I doubt if its just a coincidence they are called ISIS, ISL, or ISIL or whatever. There is hidden religious symbolism & prophecies, someone is trying very hard to self fulfill and let others know.

I am voting for the Muslim Israeli Liberation Front. MILF

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Of course it’s no big thing in a name but symbolism counts for something and I believe we should all honor what people hold sacred… Just a request.

Why, because the Holy name of the Goddess ISIS shouldn’t be tainted by these barbarians who are the farthest thing from Muslims ( ONE’S OF PEACE WHO SUBMIT TO GOD) imaginable.

First of all, Isis is not a Goddess, she's an ancient hacker who hacked the fabrics of space and time itself.

I just hope she's seeing all these madness and make those barbarians SLOWLY bleed to death by their eyeballs and their other balls!!
edit on 26-7-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aryameher

But I doubt if its just a coincidence they are called ISIS, ISL, or ISIL or whatever. There is hidden religious symbolism & prophecies, someone is trying very hard to self fulfill and let others know.

Yes there is. Perhaps reckoning is at hand for all the war-hungry, money/power greedy men all over the world and guess what? The woman Isis will set the stage for their punishment.

<< 1   >>

join