It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Skipping a Step on the Stairs' is a Fatal Mistake...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I just hope you get that checked out by a doctor, personally... There have been cases of closed head trauma where people drop dead a day or two or three later from something that wasn't that bad, but turned that way by a little change. Maybe a sneeze to spike pressure in the sinuses for just a moment..or getting up too quick..to cause a hemorrhage from something done in the original injury, and well..

You're going to get that checked, right?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Ever overcount and step down expecting another step and hurt your ankle or knee because you were at the landing? Ive done that.

We lose so much agility as we get older its insane.
edit on 14-6-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Time to ban stairs. Think of the children.

A new study found that from 1999 through 2008, more than 93,000 children younger than five years of age were treated in US emergency departments for stair-related injuries. On average, this equates to a child younger than five years of age being rushed to an emergency department for a stair-related injury every six minutes in the US.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Wow, that's just a small section of the population.
It's a huge source of injuries and deaths that we for some reason overlook often and completely underestimate.

This is a very significant issue and can be mitigated easily by just reminding people what can happen. Because it does happen, a lot apparently. People probably "miss a step" and have that startling moment every few seconds, just in the US alone. It seems worldwide there is a constant stream of stair accidents, and according to that study it's far more commonplace than I had assumed.

And think of all the stair related injuries that don't have to go to ER. Mine didn't per se, but I'll get checked by a Doc later this week. Also tonight I will look further into various stats on this topic, thanks.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Ever overcount and step down expecting another step and hurt your ankle or knee because you were at the landing? Ive done that.

We lose so much agility as we get older its insane.

More than once, haha.
Always hate doing that.
Usually for me it's the ankle.

Plus another type I'm reminded of, walking somewhere not noticing a single step or curb.

Or a "raised sidewalk slab", I tripped on one of those the other night but caught myself. Face first on the sidewalk would have been terrible. I did that once as a kid using only the front brakes on a scooter, learned real quick to use the back ones. Well after I finally got up, hahahaa.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

muzzlefash, I checked you profile and recent threads and though I haven't read them I certainly plan to read them. From your titles and comments, I get theme, and it is my hope that you understand that coincidences in life can also be related to what is going on with you spiritually. You may want to consider this incident in the context of your recent threads It seems more than just coincidence to me that you fail on a stair and skipped a stair.

Please consider this.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

To be honest, since it happened, I have felt that it was directly related to my writings.

That it was a warning. I had planned to write that day but got sidetracked again and had I been writing none of it would have happened - at least not the way it did.

So to me it means I need to go back and finish what I started.

I realize that's possibly delusional because it may have just been a simple mistake, but I do admit that I tend to view everything as meaningful and with purpose. So yeah, I've got a ton of work ahead.

Good post and thanks for bringing it up, and yes I have been thinking along those lines for awhile now.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

So, in all actuality the point is...

Not learning to count can be a fatal mistake.

At least for some.

You can't not enjoy this kind of humour!!

Hahaha, cool little thread though. Lets be fair though, misfortune no matter how cautious we are will always seek a way into our path?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join