It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ho Ho Ho - Santa Of The Year Is A Convicted Pedophile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
In Sweden some church-society got a little shock when they opened up the church´s own newspaper. There was an announcement of who was to be the Santa Of The Year. A known and convicted pedophile. The victims were within this church-society and everybody there know about this as well. They are quite upset and ask their priest "Why?" and say "This is sick!". The Priest replies that "everybody should get a second chance.". This Santa might get kids sitting on his lap again. Would you love to send your kids to a known pedo-Santa? This is insane...

Aftonbladet: Arets tomte - en pedofil (In Swedish...)

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Well, the church cant really complain, with all the kiddie-touching that goes down among their priests.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ofcourse... Swedish christian pedo santa. What else am I missing out on?
Was this in Knutsby, that infamous place with the murder-pastor, too?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ugh... A second chance?

Pedophillia is never "cured", these people are most always repeat offenders. What are they thinking? That man will most definately molest another child...and of all jobs they let him be a Santa? Complete madness!

[edit on 12/1/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
Was this in Knutsby, that infamous place with the murder-pastor, too?

I don´t know if this is Knutsby. The article doesn´t mention the name of the place, but it has to be a weird place in Sweden. They say they hired him as Santa because "he was very nice to the kids"...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
even if the man was cured, he should not be given such a chance to reoffend

and the fact that he did not refuse the position, clearly shows, that he intends to enjoy the children sitting on his lap.

can anyone believe this? how can they put their children on top of this man let alone let him near children?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Until we decide that pedophilia is a captial crime, and it should be, pedophiles do deserve a second chance, only because we set them free if they survive their prison time. Of course, I am speaking now of the US, not Sweden.

The real question is whether society should allow a convicted pedophile such intimate contact with children. Personally, I think not.

"Golly, Santa, what's that lump?"

[edit on 04/12/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i hate swedish its like danish but not really...

and there are a lut of scandinavian jokes stating that all swedes are idiots, i think they would be wise enough to not let them take a backseet ride in santas sleigh...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The real question is whether society should allow a convicted pedophile such intimate contact with children. Personally, I think not.

Agree. A problem is when these persons have done there time in jail and got a new identity.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceman_dk

and there are a lut of scandinavian jokes stating that all swedes are idiots

This is true

He could at least have chosen another town to be Santa

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Currently in the US we have sex offender registries and under many circumstances, sex offenders are required to be kept away from children. For example, most paroled sex offenders are not allowed in public libraries, day care centers, or schools. Many apartment complexes will not allow registered sex offenders to move in.

We know that the rate of rescidivism is simply too high. Pedophiles have a sexual orientation toward children and so far we know of no reliable way to permanently change it. In light of this, I believe that pedophiles have absolutely no business being around children. I believe that a pedophile should not be allowed to be a Santa and should never be given any honor such as 'Santa of the Year.'

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There is a serious Santa shortage in Sweden this year. There are not enough Santas...

Swedish worry over Santa shortage

21st December 2006

Sweden is suffering from a serious Santa shortage. That's the worrying message from the profession's Swedish trade organisation, which is appealing for more Santas to come forward.

But anyone tempted to become a Santa shouldn't expect the application process to be a walkover - applicants are usually vetted over a one-year period before being accepted. Among the requirements laid out in the association's constitution is the ability to intone the traditional Santa greeting: "As Santa one must be able to pronounce Ho-ho-ho with a deep, warm and friendly Santa voice."

"We've got strict rules, banning people from smelling of alcohol or smoking when they are Santa,"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Swedish worry over Santa shortage
21st December 2006

"We've got strict rules, banning people from smelling of alcohol or smoking when they are Santa,"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So wait... having sex with children passes muster with the "United Brotherhood of Santa Impersonators" but smoking afterwards is where they draw the line?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
The Priest replies that "everybody should get a second chance

NO! My God! NO!

As Lecky said -pedophiles can't be cured. They have that itch that will never go away and that screams to be scratched. This is beyond STUPID! It's criminal and it's asking for trouble.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yeah, trusting pedophiles around kids is like trusting queers around Boy Scouts. Some people don't think straight (no pun intended).

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I would be one of those who don't thing straight. I am queer and I find your boy scout comment to be out of line and off topic. It sounds to me that you are implying that queers are all out to harm boy scouts.

The rate of recidivism for pedophiles is near 100%. There are no statistics on gays or boy scouts that can possibly compare to that. If you truly see gays and pedophiles as being in the same category, then give us some statistics to consider and tell us how gays and boy scouts tie into the thread topic of a pedophile being named Santa of the Year.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Since when are pedophiles automatically gay? Or gays, pedophiles? I would never trust a pedophile to be alone with a child of either sex. I cannot say the same about gays.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Yeah, trusting pedophiles around kids is like trusting queers around Boy Scouts. Some people don't think straight (no pun intended).

Totally different things, you can't compare them. Gay men like other adult gay men who are likewise attracted to them, they don't like children as pedophiles do. Your statement is like saying no straight man should be involved with the girl scouts because he won't be able to avoid raping them or something.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Three cheers for the three voices of reason. I go to school near palm springs, so naturally I know a few gay people. I like to think I'm a reasonably attractive guy, but they don't make advances on me and I appreciate that.

To take the notion that just because somebody has a certain sexual preference (straight or gay) that they will satisfy it by any means, with no standards of morality, could lead one to believe if you are drawing from your own experiences, which raises serious questions of maturity and even danger to the public.

I like women, but that doesn't mean I automatically try to have sex with every woman I see, and it ESPECIALLY doesn't mean I go for children- hell my college life has been rather uninteresting because I won't date anyone under 21- I can't get over how wierd it would look for a 23 year old (who looks more like 30), namely myself, to run around with a girl who looks like she may be in highschool or just out of it.

As such I can certainly understand that gay men don't automatically pose a threat to little boys. Anyone who can't see that... well I'm not gonna say anything is certainly true about them; I'm just gonna say that if I were an FBI agent, I might start trying to build probable cause to search their hard drive.

As for pedophiles though- they have SERIOUS psychological problems that attract them either to the position of power or some other aspect of these relationships and they demonstrate an inability to calculate the incredible harm caused by their actions against their petty little desires. Such a person is EXCEEDINGLY SICK, may perhaps need help (although in the interest of society, I see the argument for capital punishment), and under no circumstances has a right or need to be around children, and so probably shouldn't both for the sake of their own illness and the wellbeing of the children.

Priests give alcoholics second chances, but they wouldn't encourage an alcoholic to hang out a lot in a place where alcohol is served. Why then should a second chance for pedophiles, even if warranted, ever involve an occupation that puts children in their lap?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I do not understand why the myth of high recidivism of sex offenders persists?

It has been found over and over again that the recidivism is very low.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join