It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Satanism a more popular philosophy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The 11 Satanic rules of Earth
Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The 9 Satanic sins
Stupidity
The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
Pretentiousness
Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
Solipsism
Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
Self-deceit
It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
Herd Conformity
That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
Lack of Perspective
Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
Counterproductive Pride
That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
Lack of Aesthetics
This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
From my own experience, those that follow a path that is not lilly-white, more gray or even black, hold to pretty much all of those philosophies. The problem with "Satanism" is that it evokes overtones of Christianity, and not in the good way, either.

If anything about the way it's normally carried out by many people is accurate, then I would say that the main reason that it's not taken more often is that the left-hand path is a dangerous one. It's easy to get caught up in vengeance and not choose your retaliation with appropriate force, it's easy to lose your way in a lust for power, and, frankly, it's very, very easy to lose your soul when you consort with elementals.

The darker versions of mirror magic, blood magic, pentagrams, elementals, and, gods forbid, the darker shades of necromancy? These things are not to be trifled with, and I've met very few who don't lose their way, even fewer who lose their way and then find their way back again.

The thing about it is that the human mind is a very powerful tool, and perception is reality for us. Even if all of the things that I just mentioned are hogwash and complete bologna, the damage that you do to your own psyche by engaging in these activities is going to be truly horrific.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's most likely due to the silly attention seeking name. Without that teenaged "lets shock mom and pop" moniker, it's a purdy sound set of maxims.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Seems like military to me.

originally posted by: ThirdEyeChakra
The 11 Satanic rules of Earth
Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

"don't ask don't tell" - a military thing.

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Why not tell him to stop? Why do we have to treat him cruelly?

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

What's the mating signal? Two special lights flashes over your interlocutor's head?

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

In other words, "believe in magic". I thought satanism was atheist in nature and did not believed in this silly thing called the supernatural.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

"destroy him"... you mean, kill him.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The 9 Satanic sins
Stupidity
The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful.

"Stupidity", or low IQ, may be found in some people born with mental disorders, and animals.

Are you suggesting these people and these animals should live in pain and/or torture? That these people and these animals are sinful?

Or is it just a new modern platform for eugenics and a modernized Action T4?

Action T4:

Action T4 (German: Aktion T4, pronounced [akˈtsi̯oːn teː fiːɐ]) was the name used after World War II[1] for Nazi Germany's "euthanasia programme" during which physicians killed thousands of people who were "judged incurably sick, by critical medical examination".[2] In October 1939 Hitler signed an "euthanasia decree" backdated to 1 September 1939 that authorized Phillipp Bouhler and Karl Brandt to carry out the programme of euthanasia (translated into English as follows):

"Reich Leader Bouhler and Dr. med. Brandt are charged with the responsibility of enlarging the competence of certain physicians, designated by name, so that patients who, on the basis of human judgment [menschlichem Ermessen], are considered incurable, can be granted mercy death [Gnadentod] after a discerning diagnosis."[3][4]

In addition to 'euthanasia' various other rationales for the programme have been offered, including eugenics, Darwinism, racial hygiene, and cost effectiveness.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Satanism is in my opinion just another social darwinist religion who tries to convince us that it's a "philosophy".

It seem as if someone was pissed off with religions and made up some silly rules and stamped a shocking name on top of it so to receive attention, like a little kid hating his mother and writing a letter to himself to always hate her later.

The problem, though, in a "do what you wilt" society, is that so much things can go wrong. There used to be a man called Hitler who did just that: what he wilt.

If God and Satan doesn't exist according to the founder, why did the founder called it Satanism? Why not New Social Darwinism?

edit on 14-6-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The mating signal is a clear indication or reciprocation of sexual attraction or sexual advances.

Destroy is what you make of it, it doesn't have to be kill

The 'magic' is lesser and greater magic which is the law of attraction and psychodrame not voudon or spells

Stupididty is purposely not using ones intellect, not somebody that is mentally challenged and one must remember this is a life choice, a philosophy not law there is no real reward of heaven or hell

Aswell as this one must remember you can be a spiritual atheist, though this does sound like an oxymoron
Atheism is not believing in a higher power or deity. As Satanists they believe we are gods we decide our path and our life choices, however it doesnt mean we cannot be caring and spiritual.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Because satanism is just an extremist form of Christianity. Secondly it's really a marketing failure and to top it the people it's likely to attract are not the community type.

And it's So 2 millennia ago. The new thing has been Buddhism but even that is giving way for the older gentler ways.

Coz that was Zen, this is Tao.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Destroy is what you make of it, it doesn't have to be kill

What?? It shouldn't be killing. But satanism does not specify this. According to satanism, you can torture someone, hold hostage someone, and killing is even included since the definition is so fuzzy. Anything to "destroy" the guy.

Sickening.

The 'magic' is lesser and greater magic which is the law of attraction and psychodrame not voudon or spells

Pseudo-science. Newton's laws of attraction do not apply to neurological phenomena, just like Quantum Model was never meant to account for Newtonian events.

As Satanists they believe we are gods we decide our path and our life choices, however it doesnt mean we cannot be caring and spiritual.

"And you shall worship yourselves", said the snake.

Thinking that you are God will make one hell of an egocentric maniac, if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
No I have to disagree with your last statement there, believing you are a God shows individuality not being so weak instead you choose to follow an unproven, outdated book and yes I guess you could say there is little evidence in pseudoscience and the Law of attraction
Now I do not promote violence or anything of a remotely violent nature but you have to be strong and stand up for yourself especially in your own lair, but this is your reality and you make it what you want you can sit around all day smoking pot watching TV being dumbed down by the mainstream society or you can be a God and choose your own reality and choose your own path not being a conformist.
I will never bow down to anyone but myself, but that does not mean I do not respect others

a reply to: swanne

edit on 14-6-2014 by ThirdEyeChakra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

No I have to disagree with your last statement there, believing you are a God shows individuality not being so weak instead you choose to follow an unproven, outdated book and yes I guess you could say there is little evidence in pseudoscience and the Law of attraction

Tell me something, mate.

If you are a god, then please make the Moon split in half tonight. After all, a god is omnipotent, right?

You can't split the Moon, then you're not a god - you're just a man with mild delusions.

Free will is not to be confused with omnipotency.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't want it to be popular. Satanism is LHP (Left hand path, Vamachara in sanskrit) by definition It is suppose to break taboo, go against conventions (status quo), and make most feel uneasy in the process. Despite recent efforts to turn it into secular humanism it should remain the embodiment of all that is antinomian and heterodox. If that is deemed "evil", so be it. LaVeyan Satanism (as illustrated above) even waters down its true essence... ASL "borrowed" much of what he wrote from Rand, Nietzsche, Redbeard, Crowley, and many others..

If it was socially acceptable, conformed to societal norms, or lost its controversial nature it would cease to be adversarial to anything. Why even use Satan(ism) at that point?

Keep it unpopular please...

Addendum: The whole "I am my own god" thing is merely self-deification. The "godhead" existing as intention manifested via acausation. The numinous qualities of self. I highly recommend reading NAOS: Practical Guide to Modern Magic(k) for anyone ACTUALLY interested.

NAOS pdf

Still, the "I am my own god" stuff is beginners Satanism.
edit on 14-6-2014 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeChakra

Seen a shrink, lately?

Because, that ... has nothing to do with philosophy ... it's just idiocracy. Even theology looks sane to this nonsense.

edit on 14/6/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sounds pretty much like Islam's sharia law.
A little stupidity can go a long way in this world.....

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just one question, is Satan a real entity or not and if he is real what does he represent to Satanists.
Just wondering what you worship or believe.

Those nine points are so open to manipulative interpretation.

“If they’re at all intelligent [other true Satanist's] …they’ll realize that there’s only so much I can say publicly…I will not advance things in print which make my position untenable…How long would the Church of Satan have lasted if I hadn’t appeased and outraged in just the right combination? It required a certain amount of discretion and diplomacy to balance the outrage.” (Lucifer Rising, p. 133)

www.goodfight.org...
edit on b2014Sat, 14 Jun 2014 08:56:11 -050063020146am302014-06-14T08:56:11-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Beyond the archetypal figure as "the adversary" to RHP, Satan is the default order of the world, nature, and the universe. From indifferent, to adversarial and outright hostile. The Lucifer Principle by Howard Bloom is a good elucidation of what most consider "Satan" in societal interaction.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: borntowatch

Beyond the archetypal figure as "the adversary" to RHP, Satan is the default order of the world, nature, and the universe. From indifferent, to adversarial and hostile. The Lucifer Principle by Howard Bloom is a good elucidation of what most consider "Satan" in societal interaction.

So Satan is not a real entity, just a philosophy, the rules just made up by la Vey to order his followers beliefs

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
LAVEYAN "SATANISM" IS NOT ACTUAL SATANISM.
I hate seeing people talk about Satanism and then start quoting off Anton Lavey's Satanic Bible. It's really ignorant. LaVeyan "Satanism" is not a religion at all, it's just a semi-philosophy based off of anti-religious rants. And yes, I've read the book.

Real Satanism involves, at the core, a belief that the being known as Satan, or other names throughout history, actually exists (in some form).

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A reply to: borntowatch

Yup, pretty much. LaVeyan Satanism (in my opinion) developed into a personality cult over time. Originally the intent was very tongue in cheek/Satirical meant to poke fun at organized "white light" religion. Being "the adversary", if you will. I don't think ASL ever intended it to be the dogma many make it out to be. Many, like myself, read TSB for the first time and think "exactly", it resonates with something innate in an individual. It either fits you, or it doesn't. If it fits, it's playing to what's already present.

Perhaps I can manifest an appearance of Dr. Aquino to give a first hand account of the early CoS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join