It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Horse Kept Disappearing, So We Set Up A Camera To Find Out Why…

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Okay, I've watched it 3 times now.
Horses are amazing - I've been privileged to have several in my life....

But I do notice that she's 'licking' and 'sniffing' at the fixtures - did someone rub molasses on the bolts and knobs??

VERY nice job, though. Horses are (again) amazing - smart, sensitive, cooperative....

and they DO communicate with us. We CAN know what they are thinking - it just takes attention, time, and an ability to rise above "language" and learn to understand them.

S/F

edit on 6/14/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I worked with horses for many years and some horses are just escape artists, but I've never seen one free his friends and I got a kick out of that.

Thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would turn into an escape artist too, IF I was LOCKED in PRISON. WHAT GIVES. these animals should be free to run the ranges of america not locked in stalls ridden to death. How seeing this makes people happy astounds me. This just makes me sad because I've been locked in a cell and its not humane. at its most basic level. ever feel trapped?

edit on 14-6-2014 by nrd101 because: removed bad analogy

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Cute (despite the 'horrible' lie about remote cameras being set up... heh, lighten up people).

I had a dog who taught herself to open doors by putting both paws on either side of a doorknob and twisting in opposite directions.

She'd let herself into my room to wake me for school a few minutes before my alarm went off... she had a pretty good sense of time... but it sucked on weekends... she never caught on to the idea of "sleeping in." Locking my door just made me wake to rattling doorknobs and pitiful whimpering... animals are great, despite our miscommunications.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
hahaha This doesn't surprise me at all we have to bungee cord our gates because of this very same reason. Horses are surprisingly cleaver and mine even know how to untie their lead if I don't tie it insanely complex. they are really agile with their mouths. Some of the gates we have to double wrap with the bungee cord because they will unlatch the gate then lean against the gate until they have enough room to shove their neck out and basically force the gate open. They only due this to walk 10 feet to defile my poor garden
they love corn

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
haha, horses are crafty critters...

the sad part is animals can learn, while humans never seem to....

sigh

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

originally posted by: smithjustinb
a reply to: purplemer

I wonder how long it will be before animals adapt to us and what will they be like?

It has already started.

That chimp does that better than I do!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I had a Clydesdale mare who mysteriously got out of her stable several times. Then one morning as I walked towards the stable she opened the bolt with her lips quicker than I could.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If animals went to school as long as a human,
they would be much smarter.

a parent has to teach a kid a lot.
that all adds up to a LOT of time teaching a kid.
no one has put that much time in to a animal.

they teach a monkey to sigh speak.
and he was very good and show'd great intelligence.

then they dump the poor thing in a zoo with dum chimps?????

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
I would turn into an escape artist too, IF I was LOCKED in PRISON. WHAT GIVES. these animals should be free to run the ranges of america not locked in stalls ridden to death. How seeing this makes people happy astounds me. This just makes me sad because I've been locked in a cell and its not humane. at its most basic level. ever feel trapped?

Never owned a horse, have you.

Unless their owners are complete jackwipes, horses have plenty of places to run, play, and get ridden casually.. not "ridden to death." They don't live in tiny cages for days and then are ridden until foaming and dying by their sadistic owners.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I suppose it is possible that the horse was trained to do this, but I think they probably just finally recorded it after the horse was naturally doing it. But if they could train Mr. Ed to talk, then anything is possible, haha. I have never been afraid of horses, growing up in Texas I guess, but we have one horse out here that I am a bit scared of. I will walk down into the pasture and the entire time I'm walking this horse will always follow right behind me and bite me. Repeatedly. And if you didn't guess it, horses can bite pretty hard. I'm all like "get away from me horse," and he's all like "chomp chomp chomp."
edit on 6/15/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I believe this horse is trained to do this though. They didn't "set up cameras". There was a camera person there recording these as if it was planned. You can tell by the moving camera and changing angles.

Thats what i thought first when i saw this video.
But had to laugh anyway...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

There is nothing stupid about horses. They are clever and emotionally percept beings...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So this is how the world ends... Not with a loud bang, but witha neigh!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The end is neigh!

The end is neigh!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I wonder what things people have taught animals to do that just hasn't been documented.

edit on 15-6-2014 by Bongripasaurus because: video

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think the horses are great. We had 5 on our farm helping with the heavy work and they were so obedient (for me as an adolescent)

The only 'thing' about this thread is that the title was misleading. Many people would have looked at the TRUE title.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

My first thought would be that your horse isn't actually a horse, it's a Pegasus, and it likes to go out to Pegasus parties when you're not looking.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Not to mention there is locks on the bottom of the doors. If they would lock those the horse would have more trouble getting out.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NostalgicFrost
a reply to: smithjustinb

Not to mention there is locks on the bottom of the doors. If they would lock those the horse would have more trouble getting out.

Good point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join