It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens When A Magnet Is Dropped Through A Copper Pipe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here's something similar to feed everyone's creative interests.

This guy is heating copper pipe by rotating north and south magnets at high rpm.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yes but does a mirror reflect your image or is it pushing that image back? I don't know if the effects are similar.

Maybe the above video can help figure it out, there is definitely a reaction there.
edit on 15-6-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

If anyone out there does try the magnetic copper heating method just know that the rpm have to be really high. I tried this with a drill and got nothing. I made a 5 inch circle and place neodymium magnets all around it but failed replicating the process. I believe it's because I couldn't get it to spin fast enough. I believe I need to mount it to a pump motor and try and get around 3600 rpms if possible.
It may even be possible I didn't use enough magnets but I figured the smaller the diameter of the circle the less magnets needed. I used 10 half inch neodymium magnets with about a 30 pound pull each.
edit on 15-6-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild
Omd is that real like wtf!? I mean the copper and magnet was cool but that quantum levitation shiz just blew my freekin mind! Surely something amazing can be achieved with this!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was showing this to my granddaughter. She thought it was neat. I was telling her how gravity is lessened when dropping something down a copper tube and she said it was not. Now she saw this and assumed it only occurred with a magnet. It is more accentuated with a magnet.

I asked her if they did this in science class, she said no. No wonder people aren't interested in science, they teach boring stuff. I wasn't aware that this existed till a few years ago, yet it has been known for a long time. Now, when I was in school, I would have loved to know this, and some people did know. I don't think they know the exact reason this occurs, that may be the reason they do not exhibit this in science class. There are theories yet the theories are hard to prove. Gravity is involved in producing time. Or at least in our perception of time. altering gravity can actually change perception of time. Yet we will not realize it is happening without the right conditions. Time is sort of a constant but perception of time is not. I may be a little wrong on this, but then again it is not my specialty. I just try to understand and apply what they are saying about it. At least I try to analyze the evidence, I don't just parrot what is said or not said.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What you need to understand is that curiosity is a wonderful thing and teaching is done in stages. Many wonderful things are taught in science classes. Teaching the philosophy of theories, the language of sciences in high school or before is somewhat heavy and will deter more people from already suffering discipline. In the US and UK it is more popular and generally makes your school life easier if you are basically a jock, doing science and being smart gets you no reward at all. People would rather go a path of lease resistance.

I also try and analyze the evidence, but most of the things that anti-gravity people talk about is absolutely inconclusive. I was shown this demonstration in high school, It is pretty awesome and an extremely cool demonstration. Do you honestly think that telling kids that this demonstrates that copper pipe somehow generates antigravity? I think it absolutely doesn't prove that.

The thing with scientific method is that you need to look at the big picture, figure out the problems and look at the evidence. Far to often here on ATS members appear to show a paper they think proves their point. when in reality they read and understood only the abstract. When reading the paper, anyone with any form of logic can see how bad the experiment was performed, or how little the experiment was controlled.

The best example, and i cant believe i am saying this for the 3rd time now was the experiment performed to replicate the spinning superconductor anti-gravity device... where they claim there is an effect that is in the 10s of parts per million level. wow fantastic right? Well then they basically say that they don't know if the effect they saw was a fundamental of the experimental setup, caused by electrical pickup or something else, then noting that the way they measured mass was not accurate enough either to be sure that the effect was actually real or just random. So what the paper said in reality was "We saw this effect but we don't think we can attribute it to the experiment we performed" and what the average anti-grav person sees is "We saw anti-graivty and it is absolutely true"

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is the principle used in old-style mechanical speedometers - a magnetic rotor cable driven from the gearbox spins inside an aluminium cup that has the speedo pointer attached to it. The drag on the cup is proportional to the speed of magnet rotation and the reading is calibrated via a spring. Simple but effective and definitely not a 'new' discovery by any means.
edit on 15/6/2014 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I was telling her how gravity is lessened when dropping something down a copper tube and she said it was not.
She is correct.

Now she saw this and assumed it only occurred with a magnet.
Again she is correct.

It is more accentuated with a magnet.
AFAIK it will only happen with a magnet. If you know otherwise, I would love to hear about it. What else could you drop through the copper that would generate current to provide the resistance?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Wonder what would happen dropping a solid copper rod through a circular opening in a magnet....?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Hey Coool Video Man! whats the music by any chance.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have what might be a silly question from a layman but I'm curious . . .

COULD one take a copper or aluminum pipe of WHAT IDEAL LENGTH??? . . .

and devise an electric mechanism to turn the pipe upside down at the optimum moment . . .

SUCH THAT

the electric current produced by the falling magnet would be in EXCESS of the electric current needed to turn the pipe upside down at the right moment--endlessly?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That's pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive
Ah cool, its like I said. I mean I dont get what there trying to do with all this, but there are many tricks you can do with magnets and certain metals and other elements both in solid form or gas form or plasma or better yet all three combined. I mean if if some magnets spinning at high speed can heat up and basically melt copper just by it being near it. I am sure even for something like that there would be industrial uses.

And people forget that different elements react differently in different environments, situations and configurations, for instance you dont need a whole room full of liquid nitrogen to cool magnets bellow zero and make them super conductive to keep them spinning for long periods of time or to levitate a train, in space that would be a given in the right situation and contraption if its set up the right way, because its freaking cold up there. That and I still want my self spinning gyroscope top toy, I'm just to lazy to spin them by hand. What gives I thought somebody would make one by now, those stupid newton cradle metal beads toy is just not as cool as they were years ago, time to replace them.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This reminds me of an Indiegogo start up called FEEL FLUX, simple but cool IMO.

FEEL FLUX

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
awful lack or mormon's in here?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I see this and I see implications. You can certainly use more powerful versions of the same thing to power vehicles essentially without need for an engine. Let's for example say a vehicle had a 800 pound block of copper on the bottom. It's placed on a track of these magnets. The track could through what is shown in this video push or pull an object forward or backward. If you could vary the strength of the magnetic push pull effect you could speed up or slow down something in almost complete safety. I envisioned a technology based on magnets that could do just this when I was about 19. It was using the positive negative aversion of magnets to power something such as a car or train. It is basically mag lev technology I had thought of.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

nope MHD looks more like a flooded tube with electromagnetic rings going down the length of it like a rail gun. The inside of the tube has a sleeve that is filled with a ferrous material that reacts the the magnetic fields generated by the coil. They fire the coils down the length of the tube so that the sleeve contracts and forms a wave sorta like an esophagus contracting in a wave like motion to push food and water down it. Pretty simple actually and it doesn't use anything too sophisticated physics wise.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This is the key to traveling faster than the speed of light. It's way above my pay grade but I just "feel" it's there, somewhere in the physics of these two forces and how they interact. Where just not there yet. Someday.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: wrkn4livn
This is the key to traveling faster than the speed of light. It's way above my pay grade but I just "feel" it's there, somewhere in the physics of these two forces and how they interact. Where just not there yet. Someday.

How exactly is this previously known effect a key to faster than light travel? And what about the physics of hitting a wall of matter instantaneously while traveling at that speed? First, faster than light travel is not going to happen and is not the key. It violates physics. Second, "jumping" large distances in space by bending it or through a wormhole would make more sense. You can reach a huge distance faster than it would take light to get there, without violating physics. To do that, we need to figure out how to warp or bend space time, though.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Very cool videos! Thanks for sharing!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join