It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Pissed Off Veteran Vs. Dozens of Cops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog
I see you still have a great deal of faith in our alleged representatives. His actions have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he is politically active. People get angry , in this case I'd suggest he made a significant impression on the boys in blue. Many cops are former military. To be reminded by one of your own carries more weight then some bozo just yelling at you. " Get involved . Vote " How well has that been working of late ? I, for one, applaud his actions.

And again bitching at law enforcement instead of taking action to address the issues, like the law, does nothing to resolve the problem.

If the people are going to be howl at the moon batcrap lazy how is it the fault of anyone but themselves?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You sounded as though the Nuremburg trial were just because there were judges from France, Britain and the US there would be no NAZI sentenced to death or something. I'm not sure what you were trying to say about them, I just pointed out they were a fraud so don't go there.

What more can be done that has not been don already in regard to police brutality? Who do you complain to? My MP didn't give permission to police to beat up his constituents. And the police commissioner does not answer to MP's. The problem is that police know how to pick their victims. Poor, black, young, homeless, recreational drug users. Who stands up for them?

I was not talking about recommendations for charges, I was talking about recommendations about police activity. If police stood up and said " I think these people are intimidated by armed officers looking for trouble and assuming anybody could be a threat for our own safety, public safety should be considered even before police safety and the public includes EVERYONE not wanted on a warrant issued by a judge" " we chose this profession and accept the risks without sacrificing respect for the public"

Seattle tried to make the police responsible to the public by reporting their actions against them. Look at how much static they got. They entire police union attacked them for having the nerve to suggest their actions could judged by the public. Crying about how officers are at risk now...

In Canada protesters are not allowed within 1000 meters of the House of Commons. Police are all you have to bitxhbat since the government wont listen. Maybe police will finally get the hint and get on our side of the line so we can take our concerns to the government together.

So guilty or innocent it is ok to be assaulted by police. They reserve no judgement, they just beat your ass.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I have to disagree.

The only stories we hear of or make a big deal of is when cops do something extreme and unwarranted. But we rarely hear about good cops doing a good job.....and they are the majority.

I had to deal with 2 police officers last weekend (I was a witness/property owner where an incident took place) and they were pleasant to deal with and went out of their way to make a bad situation less costly for those involved.

So I think that we need to change our perception of law enforcement officers. Don't let the bad apples ruin the bunch.

What difference does it make if SOME of them are good. When it is a crowd situation like a protest then it is the worst of them that the rest follow. It is the culture that needs change, not the individual. An example: police dogs. Police would have us believe that we are to be subordinate to DOGS just because they work for police. The public's safety is worth less than a DOG!! That is the current police culture.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

If he was quiet and calm, no one would've listened.

Any facts to support this excuse?

You want me to explain sound to you? LOL

Ever tried to speak quietly and calm to large noisy group of people without any amplification?

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople
People have every right to be fuming mad over LEO's unconstitutional behaviour.

Unconstitutional behavior - examples please.

Is that a joke? I hope so.

Anytime police beat someone that is not resisting they are engaging in... unconstitutional behaviour.

Anytime police break up a peaceful protest they are engaging in unconstitutional behaviour.

And it is the fault of every cop, not just the lawmakers.

I don't care how much I was paid, I would NEVER violate someone's constitutional rights. Orders or not.

Notice how the crowd reacted. They had no problem with this man telling the truth.

He was right...

There is no honor in attacking unarmed civilians.

I suggest you do some research on police brutality. You seem to be living under a rock.

I live in Detroit and every single cop in this city violates rights on the daily, and trust me, no one is listening to any softspoken and polite protests...

We are ALL far beyond pissed here.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

He is the biggest crack in the fear paradigm. He is the biggest fear of those in power. He is the hope for when there is no hope. He is a man in the service, with a conscience and compassion... which they thought they could remove. He is a man who would, when necessary, turn around on the battlefield, and either try to make his brethren understand that what they are doing is wrong...or die trying to protect those who should be protected.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

I think you're missing the point,

It's quite lame to point at a group of people just because it's easier than to accept responsibility for the state of things, police officers aren't peacekeepers they are law enforcement, this man should be in TOWN HALL and then running for council, not shouting at law enforcement like a buffoon.

What? An Officer and his family have the choice to be fired and to starve to death rather than serve? Is that what you're going to tell me next that the law that they follow has nothing to do with their actions?

The people don't know what they want, they are angry and stupid and that is the problem.

originally posted by: bjarneorn
Nuremberg, 1945 ... over a million german soldiers were killed as a result of those trials. And their crime was, obeying their superiors.

The argument, your duty is to the people ... and you are charged with using your brain, to judge the orders of your superiors. And if you find those orders, to be not in people's interrest ... you should not follow them.

Doing ones duty, is not an excuse.

Your duty is to the people ... not to the government.

Maybe my example of soldiers was too much and way off topic.
Let's drop the soldier analogy, but my main point still stands.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Good thing this wasn't in L.A. Dude would be Swiss cheese
edit on 6/15/2014 by ZombieWoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Moderator note:

This thread has just been moved from Other Current Events to the Posse Comitatus forum, because the video in the OP is not "current" but is from almost 3 years ago (as they state in the OP's linked article).

Also, the ongoing member discussion is more suited to Posse Com.

Please keep it civil, folks.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog
I see you still have a great deal of faith in our alleged representatives. His actions have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he is politically active. People get angry , in this case I'd suggest he made a significant impression on the boys in blue. Many cops are former military. To be reminded by one of your own carries more weight then some bozo just yelling at you. " Get involved . Vote " How well has that been working of late ? I, for one, applaud his actions.

And again bitching at law enforcement instead of taking action to address the issues, like the law, does nothing to resolve the problem.

If the people are going to be howl at the moon batcrap lazy how is it the fault of anyone but themselves?

" Bitching at law enforcement " This is your interpretation of my post ? At the end of this video
you may notice there are quite a few officers just standing there listening. No hostile posturing or actions being directed at the speaker. This may have been out of respect for the uniform and his service.

I seriously suspect you have never been involved in attempting to amend or nullify an existing law.
Repeatedly stating vote [ perhaps the majority of demonstrators as well as the soldier do vote]

I'm not being rude, however would you mind telling me your age ? It is exceedingly naive for one to assume pushing a button ( voting ) is the best solution for change. It has been suggested that peaceful demonstration was a factor in ending the Vietnam conflict.

The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for the interference with the right of free speech and assembly. However The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. A breach of the peace is often utilized by law enforcement to disperse peaceful demonstrations. Of course one is always permitted to go to the " Free Speech Zone " Voting got us that little gem.

In case you haven't noticed, voting, especially on the Federal level is a sick joke.

: )

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

I am in my mid 30's. My position comes from the fact I am in Law Enforcement. I see people make comments all the time about the police when in reality we have nothing to do with what their problem is.

Having a person yell at me about a law does no good. I had nothing to do with drafting the law. I had nothing to do with signing it into law. I have nothing to do with consequences / punishment by violating that law.

State laws vary when it comes to what breach of peace is. Law Enforcement in my state cannot have their "peace" disturbed, requiring an actual 3rd party victim. Protesting is fine, no issues there. Where people go stupid is when they block public right of ways / sidewalk during their protests and then REFUSE to allow other non protestors / opposite protestors through the area.

When you deny access to public roads / sidewalks (affecting businesses) then that is in fact a law violation. Your civil rights end the moment they interfere with someone else's. You want to protest - fine but when people who aren't involved need to get through the area get the hell out of the way and let them pass.

When people who are protesting start to block roads, and then begin to destroy / deface property of others, its a law violation.

At what point in time did people decide that protesting meant beating the hell out of people who don't share their view, destroying businesses and personal property of others? That is not protesting and when people who are at protests who get arrested for that behavior are not being arrested for protesting.

You make the comment that voting at the federal level is sick however it tells me that you understand the difference between federal and state governments, the concept of separate sovereigns and the fact that federal law and state law are drafted and passed independent of each other. Law Enforcement at the state / local level (task force assignments aside) are not empowered to enforce federal law.

Issues involving federal law - take it up with your federal representatives.

Issues involving state law - take it up with your local / state government reps.

Contrary to popular belief even if Law Enforcement completes and investigation and declines to refer the report to the PA, the PA's office can initiate their own investigation in and file charges on their own, since its actually / ultimately their responsibility to start with and end with.

Blaming / yelling at the police does no good. It would be like yelling at a Mechanic because your car broke due to manufacturer defect. The best course of action would be to take the argument to the company who made your car.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

This video is oooold now. Been posted at ATS before.

Indeed..it is very old. I mention that only because the context it happened in matters too.

October 16th, 2011 (when this was posted) was moving into the peak of the Occupation protests around the nation, and just across town from this was Zuccotti park. At that time, full of very upset and energetic protesters. I think NYPD was trying to be decent for P.R. wherever they could be, knowing where they would be taking it right in the teeth later, no matter how they responded.

Good to hear a Vet have his say, either way.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

a reply to: dazbog

Issues involving federal law - take it up with your federal representatives.

Issues involving state law - take it up with your local / state government reps.

Again I'd suggest you have never attempted to have a law changed. It is a long expensive tedious process.

which more times then not accomplishes nothing. Part of the problem is the enforcement of bad law by panty waste

cops. I'll offer a recent example that occurred in Colorado. Some twit female legislators passed a few laws which even

their constituents found offensive. Two were recalled one quite. Great, the system seemed to be working. However

the big news was the Sheriffs of Colorado stated they would NOT enforce bad law. They attempted to express their

collective opposition through a peaceful demonstration. However the cowardly LAW ENFORCEMENT Denver Police ( brothers in

arms ) dutifully directed them to the Free Speech Zone. Bad law dumb cops ! The sheriffs put their peckers on the chopping

block and their brethren tossed them under the bus. Despicable behavior by the boys in blue. LAW ENFORCEMENT ! What the

hell ever happen to Peace Officer ? In your defense, if folks were ragging on Commercial Pilots I'd respond in kind.

However, I get the impression you are of the LAW ENFORCEMENT mentality. Enforcement of bad law is morally

repugnant. Thank G_d the Colorado Sheriffs had the balls to man up and do the right thing. I don't know you, so perhaps

I've misjudged your character. If so I apologize. I understand the authoritative, control the situation mentality required on

the STREET. Not so in civilized discourse on an open forum. I might add that I have NEVER had a bad encounter with police.

Maybe I'm lucky or simply not a loudmouth obnoxious moron. I'm sure you have encountered many of the latter . Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join