It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Robocop the future of mankind, or now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The scenes from Robocop where they show him looking at himself in the mirror as just a set of lunges and a brain.

The symbiotic relationship we have machines, is it this advanced in secret or the future of mankind?

Does anyone else get the funny feeling like were peering into the future?

It seems like movies are very intuitive creative forms of intelligence maybe. I mean the imagination collective conscious seems to show through in a lot of art.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think it's the inevitable future. It's probably stuff that's a lot closer than most people realize too. Just do some research on trans-humanism. There is definitely some paradigm shifting in the near future. People feel many different ways in regards to mixing man with machine, and beyond. For some it's a negative future, for others a positive one. What about the religious or spiritual consequences? What about the costs of these emerging technologies? Could they further separate the rich and the poor?

I think there is a lot of "robotic" symbolism out there to slowly acclimate people to the idea.
edit on 13-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

keep in mind, our overlords believe the body is just a vehicle for the soul.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
It's happening now. Pacemakers, cochlear implants, hearing aides, glasses, false teeth, increasingly advanced prosthetics, and so on. Even pills and surgery are unnatural. Very little about our modern lifestyle is "natural".

In some sense, I think we're outpacing our genetics. This isn't a surprise. Our genetics don't give us wings, but we fly anyway. They didn't give us the ability to breath and swim effectively underwater, but we went ahead and invented scuba gear and submarines. Our genetics don't allow us to do a lot of things, but we go ahead and do it anyway. We do what we want. We adapt to our environment by creating technology that acts as a bridge between our body and whatever environment we're in.

Our genetics got us to where we're, but they're not the be all, end all.

And that's hte story. We're outpacing our genetics. That's why we're steadily coming to a point where we either modify our own genetics or we replace our body parts with synthetic or regrown ones. We will do whatever makes sense to us in terms of its intrinsic adaptive value. For example, if we fail to increase the productivity of our biological heart, but we produce an even better synthetic heart, well then we'll use the synthetic one.

We modify. We create. We try to adapt that way. We probably could have stayed as worms and existed for another couple billion years in dirt. Alas, like a screaming infant, we crawled outta momma, as a symbolic gesture to the dirt and walls that would otherwise trap us and hold us down that WE will not be held down and one day we'll use worms as fishing bait.
edit on 14-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Depends. The technology would be great for medical reasons, depending how far a person needs it. Although bringing someone back from the dead obviously is a bit of a stretch in Alex Murphy case. I wouldn't mind having a titanium spine, like the one from Fallout:NV.

Although their is the chance of someone going to far, were they'd just completely throw their humanity for the sake of power. Like the priest guy from that Keanu Reeves movie, or Anime a good one since they like to mix organic and machine in a lot of plot lines.

Or would it be like Deus Ex, where we become more of a pawn, relying on a fuel source for such technology? And we thought oil was bad.

I doubt we'll see anything that advanced, in Robo cops case for a few decades.
edit on 14-6-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
No. Technologies will be gone totally very soon:-)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... watch this news video
We aren't far from it at all

new topics

top topics

join