It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LiveLeak -- How many ATS keep up with what is really going on?!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

sadly lack of religion will not change the situation. in fact, some would say that lack of belief in your personal higher power, is what causes these problems in the first place, because a higher power would not advise you to kill people over a difference of opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Well I guess I would have to look into it, but if what you are saying is true, statistically there should be a huge rise in violent crimes, murder etc...over the past few decades. I feel like I have seen charts in the past that say it is the opposite, but I could be wrong. Especially with the rise in illegal immigrant population, and the financial stresses that alone should trigger more violence than normal. I am currently at work so will check on it more later.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

If you figure the children killing children is something that requires a statistical chart to show..or it isn't happening?

I suppose we're in different worlds for where we live and what we see in the world around us on a daily basis. I recall being a kid in a different era...Wayyyyy back in those ancient years they called the 1980's... Hell, I brought a rifle to show and tell in Junior high School, in Southern California no less...for HOW radically different the world was, just a matter of years in our past. Not generations...just a good many years.

I'll save you the trouble tho. The Uniform Crime Statistics by the FBI show an overall drop in most categories of violent crime in the United States, and in most areas of the country. Not all, but overall when I last read them. Property crime and crime against persons is something else again ...but violent crime?

Well.. Look at the prisons overflowing and stuffed beyond capacity ..and I'd say that explains a bit of that. 3 strike laws that say you're gone forever ...and which haven't always existed by any stretch..do a lot of the stat changing as well.

Observing that our kids and society as a whole are coming to view life a bit less than before isn't something I figured was THAT large a point of contention. (???)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I have never agreed with that argument. Religion has been behind killing as far back as we have written records. Man would most certainly kill without it, but I think if someone wants to kill they will find any excuse to accomplish.

I am not religious and would never hurt a fly. But if I was a radical muslim that believed in killing for allah, maybe I would?

I am not blaming religion for all the violence, but in the middle east it seems to be the main factor.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I would imagine now a days given the extreme advances in technology as well as social progress, things are being reported more often than in the past, and people are getting caught more often. Add that to the population increase, and the influx of illegal immigrants as well as the financial crisis, we should see statistically a large increase in these crimes.

Like you stated though the overall numbers have been going down like I had thought.

In terms of how society as a whole is viewing life I think is impossible to know. Are you basing that off of what you see on tv? movies? MSM? online news? online forums? your personal interactions?

I was born in 87 so was a kid of the 90's. My viewpoint of back then was that everything was perfect. I think every kid with a good childhood has a skewed view of those years. In my suburban bubble at least everybody was friendly and all the kids in the neighborhood played together. Parents weren't worried about where there kids were 24/7 and so on.

So yeah times have changed a bit, but I think the main reason we feel that way is due to being plugged into everything that is going on 24/7. Back then the only news you got was the evening news and what they wanted you to know. There were no smartphones taking videos of violence occurring around the world. The amount of information available to us now is just so different you really can't compare the times.

There is no way to know how anybody else feels or how they view the world. I think part of that feeling is your projections of those fears onto society. Not saying you are wrong, but that is my 2 cents.

This is in no way bashing on you. Just wanted to make that clear.

edit on 14-6-2014 by Euphem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Oh, fair enough.. and I appreciate knowing your rough age. It tells me a lot actually, and explains a great deal in our differing perceptions. I rather envy you actually... You were born in what may be called a sweet spot.

You were a toddler for the height of the coc aine wars and real urban combat that came with it across the nation during those years. You missed the downfall of the Reagan image and prestige by Iran Contra ..which good god, we never EVER thought would end..and you largely missed the mess of the 1991 war, tho I guess you may have vague memory of that the same way I have vague memory of Vietnam related broadcasts for the place the nation had just left.

I say I envy you a bit because you came up in formative years during what I think may be looked back on as our peak before our fall. The mid to late 90's were a time I'd NEVER have described this way while living them, but looking back? They were the last years of American innocence. The final period of...feeling safe and isolated and like it could all turn out okay, because it always had and so, always must. Right?

Then of course you were what..14 or 15 when the towers fell? (sigh) Sorry, I don't mean to focus on age..it just tears my heart out, to consider how many in our nation now basically know the Eagle only as a bird of prey and killer, not as the proud symbol of Freedom I knew it as. Citizens today, in my opinion, have been robbed of so VERY much of what defined our nation..it's not even the same place in many ways.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

yeah i'm an old fart like you. born in 1958. talk about a difference in the country, between when i was a kid and now..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

I'm not american,haven't even been there. I am 100% Venezuelan.

Nothing to do with the "west"? ISIS takes Iraq,then tries to take Syria. This will turn the whole region into chaos, since it will become an unrecognized terrorist state that will bring war to itself because NO COUNTRY supports them and they're not allied with Al-Qaeda anymore(since march). Don't you think a conflict this big is going to affect the "west" as you call it? They're acting very fast and aggresively and other countries are just sitting,talking about when and if they should intervene.

If ISIS gets ahold of Baghdad they now have 3 major cities,capital included.What's to stop them from taking the rest of the country and start attacking the borders of other countries? And to quote them “Our last message is to the Americans. Soon we will be in direct confrontation, and the sons of Islam have prepared for such a day”

They seem very resolute,and they definitely got the money,guns and personnel to carry out more than what they've accomplished.

And you say they're attacking those who sold out their country,well I say most of ISIS isn't even Iraqi,they have no nationality,they want to establish their own Caliphate.

You are the one who doesn't get it. This is not an Iraqi revolution,this is an armed terrorist(yes they exist) organization taking over a country that was already broken. You can have globally recognized states around like Iran and Israel wich despite their animosity, are official states. If ISIS takes over you have a truly rogue state, recognized by no one but themselves,since i doubt Iran,Israel,Iraq,China,Russia,USA,Japan,Korea,Cuba and all the countries in the world will accept them.

But you keep supporting ISIS,they warriors of freedom and justice.

P.D: No, i would not kill those who "sold out" my country. I would want to see them rot in jail forever.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't think it's an illness. I like to think it's genetic.This is humanity,and as much as the very few of us who want to see peace,development and prosperity try to fight it, the vast majority of humankind is set on the conflictive mindset of religion,ideology and one-sided views. We are one big ass colisseum!

I try and talk to people about this, but all i get is rage and "you don't know anything", makes me want to log off ATS,shut down my computer,go to the yard and eat all the dirt i can.

But one must try, it's not so easy giving up on this.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

It all comes back to muslim extremism in the end. Religion is the reason for all of this. The US existing or not doesn't change that fact does it?

And if it's not religion, its ideology(the new opium i'm afraid). me left you right let's war.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I am glad you say that because I have always felt that time was special, and I think a lot of my generation feels the same way. I feel very lucky to have grown up then, and in some ways think it gives me a unique paradigm on the world.

The 90's were right when PC's were becoming powerful and more mainstream. AOL was just starting up and I was lucky enough to get in on it right from the start. I remember being completely amazed that I was able to chat with people around the world. Downloading a small .wav file took hours, but once it finished you were overjoyed. There was still that awe factor, but didn't provide the instant gratification that kids today have.

On the other side of the equation, we still played outside and were very active and social(face to face). I was best friends with both kids next door and we played almost everyday after school. My parents were friends with there parents and we had BBQ's, put on neighborhood plays, and spent a lot of time with them. I just don't see that at all anymore. I own my own home now in a new development with a decent amount of kids, but never really see them playing together. I hardly know my neighbors(partially because I am so busy), but it seems like really knowing and spending time with your neighbor is a thing of the past.

People think they are more social with FB and twitter, but truly are very anti-social. Technology has brought us many great things, but it is somewhat of a double edged sword in the side effects they cause.

Yeah I was 14 when the towers fell. I think my generation was old enough at the time to have a good idea of what that symbol of freedom represented. You are correct, kids these days really have been robbed of experiencing the things that made us great. It is sad, but not all is lost, and there are some great things still available to them that we never had.

I believe it is never too late to change. I still have hope for a brighter future and think future technologies can bring us to that place.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

yeah i'm an old fart like you. born in 1958. talk about a difference in the country, between when i was a kid and now..

!957 here and when I look back and remember what it was like as a kid and teenager, compared to now it's as if it's as if my brother married my sister. I know everyone, I recognized everything, but i doesn't feel right. The older I get, the more incensed I get at the way our country is run today.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: metodex

Yes... ISIS will take the WORLD by storm! lol...

How about you take a shot of whiskey and just relax. Any of the neighboring countries can wipe out ISIS in a blink if they want to.

I'm just pointing out how well organized they are and well equipped... and btw, about that last part, what you should be worried about is who is sponsoring ISIS with their gear since its pretty clear they're not some ragtag army like 2003 Iraq. Thats the question you should ask.

And I'm not "supporting" anyone... I'm just saying that what they're doing is actually easily justifiable. Its not senseless mass murder, ethnic cleansing or any kind of psychopathic wave of violence or rage sweeps the country that drives them. They're methodical and show a clear objective. Its a pure analysis from a military standpoint. What... if I say anything good about the Waffen SS you'll accuse me of being a Nazi also? lol

And when I said it was not about the US, I was referring to my opinion, not the war ISIS is waging - you said something like "oh here come all the ppl that like to see the friends of the US get killed" and I said my opinion had nothing to do with the US.

ISIS is just one means to an end... and why worry? They're just cleaning up the place and someone's paying them to do so - like I said any country could have wiped them out if they really wanted to... I just wonder who or what comes next. Either they're being payed to do that... or they're being payed to do that without knowing they'll be used as an excuse for something far bigger to be done. Either way... why worry about ISIS?

(btw did you really mentioned Cuba? or was that a typo? Cuba? really? lol Wow we dont really want to piss off Cuba... or Barbados or Tuvalu, or heaven forbid, Palau)
edit on 14-6-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Got to love the religion of peace - live by the sword die by the sword, all the scum bags will meet the same end.

I on the other hand, sit in a low (to no) crime area, earn AUD$180k PA, have holidays, friends, couple of cars, eat what I want when I want, enjoy watching the world cup at the moment, having a beer, sleep in a comfy bed with my lovely wife and have a couple of beutiful young children who have played soccer all weekend and gone swimming. Got a pension building up too, renovating the house, having a pool installed and entertaining area, will live out my life OK however long or short it is.

What have they got....nothing.....muahahahahaha..nothing except a misplaced belief there is something better after they leave the shathole they create, let them kill each other, I wont lose a second sleep about them.

In fact, Im going to watch it again, what was the allak akbar count during the Road Side Bombs chapter and did you see how high that Humvee went, must have been 30 feet!!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamSirDrinksalot
Got to love the religion of peace - live by the sword die by the sword, all the scum bags will meet the same end.

I on the other hand, sit in a low (to no) crime area, earn AUD$180k PA, have holidays, friends, couple of cars, eat what I want when I want, enjoy watching the world cup at the moment, having a beer, sleep in a comfy bed with my lovely wife and have a couple of beutiful young children who have played soccer all weekend and gone swimming. Got a pension building up too, renovating the house, having a pool installed and entertaining area, will live out my life OK however long or short it is.

What have they got....nothing.....muahahahahaha..nothing except a misplaced belief there is something better after they leave the shathole they create, let them kill each other, I wont lose a second sleep about them.

In fact, Im going to watch it again, what was the allak akbar count during the Road Side Bombs chapter and did you see how high that Humvee went, must have been 30 feet!!

The guy on the turret actually went higher. If it was hollywood nobody would believe something like that.

But yes, overall I do understand you... still they're pawns. And its kinda sad. Although I dont loose any sleep over it either. It was just a cold analysis. I do understand you. But when it comes to powershifts it does matter and it will ultimately influence my porsche. (I'm a civilian right now so I only care about the butterfly - or ripple - effect).

But yes its pointless to worry about this crap like metodex does for instance... its not even healthy. Specially being on Venezuela. Just enjoy your south american hot chicks and be glad that venezuela isnt even a blimp on the radar when it comes to global firepower or anything so... let them sort their crap out them selves.

Altho... their pretty well equipped and I'm curious to know who the hell is sponsoring them and to what ends!

But I do agree with the "enjoy it while it lasts - and if it lasts forever, the better" mentality. Its the right thing to do... and thats why I dont give a crap about global warming or any crap like that - and no, my car has been de-cat and has a direct sport exhaust. I always tell people... the problem is not my car, is all the other millions running around lol

Life's just that... ride it like you stole it.
take care mate

edit on 15-6-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni
a reply to: metodex

And I'm not "supporting" anyone... I'm just saying that what they're doing is actually easily justifiable. Its not senseless mass murder, ethnic cleansing or any kind of psychopathic wave of violence or rage sweeps the country that drives them. They're methodical and show a clear objective. Its a pure analysis from a military standpoint. What... if I say anything good about the Waffen SS you'll accuse me of being a Nazi also? lol

Well they just released several pictures admitting to mass murder, so.....

edit on 06am10am302014-06-15T10:18:54-05:0010America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

We call it mass murder... They call it building the future.

I think we're in a world of hurt if we don't understand very quickly, these aren't modern day terrorists. Not THIS group. These are OLD SCHOOL Jihadis...and by that I mean, crack a history book and see just what military and combat tactics have historically been for far longer than we've been around or the current map has existed this way. Especially in that part of the world.

You read about victories or defeats where thousands died in a day or a sacked city didn't have much population left at the end......and I point to things like that picture to say this is what THAT looked like, if people had cameras in history to have recorded it.

This is only the beginning if they are serious about going the distance to their stated goals. There is much more..and much much worse to come. There HAS to be, for them to achieve what they wish. There are a few millions people, in fact, that won't be viable to live in the new caliphate, and I doubt enough will run far enough, fast enough to become refugees.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I think we're in a world of hurt if we don't understand very quickly, these aren't modern day terrorists. Not THIS group. These are OLD SCHOOL Jihadis...and by that I mean, crack a history book and see just what military and combat tactics have historically been for far longer than we've been around or the current map has existed this way. Especially in that part of the world.

The guys in the ME know what works in the ME. I'm not being judgmental at all. It is what it is, and as you said, it's well documented in the history books.

Does 0bama's inaction mean ... he condones it? It had to be expected. The Bush administration had to expect it, otherwise they would have tended to the necessary business no matter how ugly it had to be.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: Bone75

i'd rather they be instantly removed from the planet to a nice paradise, where the people actually love them, and god isn't a cruel fellow who terrifies his "children" in ways i just can't fathom a higher being doing.

What's crazy is that even after watching the video you still have the audacity to ridicule a Christian.

You can see as they drive down the frwy. and shoot and kill drivers without warning how much more of a trial the dead driver got than the ones in gitmo. You can see as the mercilessly shoot people begging for their lives how much negotiating they would do right before they pulled the trigger. Finally you can bet they wish they had the 2nd amendment and the right to carry everywhere. These drivers had less of a chance than a cockroach running for it's life.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A little late in the thread to be asking but how would one go about finding an English translation of the OPs referenced video?
I have searched and can't seem to find one.
I am interested in the dialogue....it is very difficult to assess this video (and others) without knowing what is being said.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join