It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Province of Ontario rejects Tea-Party inspired Tories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Liberals Take Ontario Election 2014 With Majority Win
HuffPo
Well, the news is almost a day old at this point, but it's still important to note in passing. Ontario's embattled Liberal party managed to rise above the scandals of it's previous leader's watch with a solid majority, while American Tea-Party inspired Tim Hudak was roundly trounced. Andrea Horwath, who triggered the 90 million dollar election by rejecting Premier Wynne's recent left-leaning budget, ended up losing any political juice she once had in Wynne's minority government.

Best non-story of the whole election...Kathleen Wynne is an openly gay woman, and nobody gave a rat's patoot. Score one for women, one for center-left politics, and one for diversity. Makes me proud to live here.
edit on 13-6-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Liberals Take Ontario Election 2014 With Majority Win
HuffPo
Well, the news is almost a day old at this point, but it's still important to note in passing. Ontario's embattled Liberal party managed to rise above the scandals of it's previous leader's watch with a solid majority, while American Tea-Party inspired Tim Hudak was roundly trounced. Andrea Horwath, who triggered the 90 million dollar election by rejecting Premier Wynne's recent left-leaning budget, ended up losing any political juice she once had in Wynne's minority government.

Best non-story of the whole election...Kathleen Wynne is an openly gay woman, and nobody gave a rat's patoot. Score one for women, one for center-left politics, and one for diversity. Makes me proud to live here.
It looks like the people of Ontario were willing to take a chance on Wynne instead of Hudak's Hope. Hudak's promise of a million jobs was outlandish. By the way, didn't Horwarth lose her seat as well?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oooooo...

This could be a serious game changer with a Liberal majority.

It's nice to see a real person get elected in... but I have no faith in any of the parties these days. They've all failed miserably over the years as far as I'm concerned.

So I guess the "proof will be in the pudding", as they say.

Good luck to her though... the "old boys club" is going to shred her to pieces... She better have a thick skin.

I concur !

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I can support you on your sentiment. Katharine Wynne's sexual orientation was NOT any kind of issue during the election and it should not have been. Remember we already had one gay politician in the liberal caucus before (George Smitherman).

I just have an issue with electorate dumb enough to re-elect a corrupt government that has already been proven corrupt.

However, in examining the choices....well there really wasn't one, was there.

I officially declined my ballot. I am just tired of voting and holding my nose at the same time.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
But Canada re-elected a conservative party whose main guy liked his cash in brown paper bags .Receiving what you might conclude was a kick back from a arms dealer . a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

op.. I was a bit surprised as most were that she got a majority . She had been poling ahead of the torys but the majority didn't look to be in the numbers .I think Hudack must be disappointed .
edit on 13-6-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You know I can't argue with you! Each party is corrupt and uncaring of the people they supposedly represent. Like I said - what choice?

Does anyone have an idea about voter turn-out for the election yet?

Tired of Control Fraks

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I hear ya . I used to be able to say ,don't blame me I voted NDP . My mind changed when I seen the three parties stand shoulder to shoulder in support of the UD installed coup govt. in Ukraine .that did it there for me . a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

ok I found it

globalnews.ca...

Only 48.2 % of Ontario citizens voted. Some ridings were as low as 30 %

The liberals will rule with the approval of only 38.7 % of the population

Can you really say that you have a "mandate" of the people?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think it reflects the first past the pole type we have . Electoral reform in a proportional type might have a better taste and more might vote .Its not like the smaller provinces get a lot of notice when deciding the federal elections .A party in Ont.with a million votes can elect many mp's while another party with twice that has a hard time electing one mp. a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Two reasons the Tories lost in Ontario is because Tim Hudak looked like an evil Sheldon Cooper from "The Big Bang Theory". Hudak's campaign of hope for a million jobs for the people of Ontario was unrealistic.

edit on 14-6-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

There is no doubt in my mind that nobody wanted to vote Liberal in either this election or that last one. It was Mr. Potatoe Head's election to lose both times. Both times, he campaigned on the same platform (austerity, tax cuts for corportion), kind of a Mike Harris Lite. Both times, people had visions of Mike Harris back in power and both times rejected Tim Hudak

I guess people hate Mike Harris more than they hate Dalton McGuinty

Tired of Control Freaks

top topics

join