It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Air Force evacuating besieged American contractors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

edit on 13-6-2014 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders

Absolutely. When I served I got to meet alot of these guys. Many of these contractors are former SAS, Seals, DF, Recon...Alot of them have more combat experience then many of our active guys.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: jacobe001

Oh for crying outloud the only person who is holding this country hostage is the gutless wonder sitting in the oval office.

Correction, the majority of ignorant and apathetic Americans are holding this country hostage.

Democracy is a wonderful thing.... Especially when they know exactly how to herd the sheep.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well I see now why the US government would not send US airplanes to take the US contractors, from the 300 and some contractors only 20 were from Lockheed Martin working Under US funded programs.

The rest while still Americans were contracted under the Iraqi government.

So there you have it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Democracy is a wonderful thing..

Tyranny of the mob is good ?

No it isn't.

It's all champagne wishes, and caviar dreams when a person is in the 'majority'.

Not so much for those in the minority.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't mean the Military is losing IT's humanity. Oddly, the guys in there probably have the clearest thinking, having been outside the rat race and full immersion nonsense state-side news and everything else has become.

I mean our society in general coming to see the individuals as expendable. I know you've been around plenty long enough to recall when the All-for-One concept wasn't a punch line or joke. It was just a given if that's what it took. Americans didn't get left or forsaken in a developing crisis zone. So much has changed that the question even comes up in a public way.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Still don't think it.

How old is mankind again ?

5000 years ?

10000 years ?

And as long as man has called himself 'civilized' warfare, and 'atrocity' has always been present.

I think the world is the same as it ever was.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

private contractors who have recently returned to the U.S. from Iraq said their former colleagues effectively had been abandoned by the U.S. military

Isn't that the whole point about being a mercenary? the US military are not responsible for you?

If you want to be a soldier of fortune and go play army guy in a war zone, go for it. earn those dollars. But your on your own!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: ausername

Democracy is a wonderful thing..

Tyranny of the mob is good ?

No it isn't.

It's all champagne wishes, and caviar dreams when a person is in the 'majority'.

Not so much for those in the minority.

So you agree that Bush's Proclamation of "Spreading Freedom and Democracy" to Iraq was a bunch of BS when we do not even have it here. We are supposed to be a Representative Republic, but instead are ruled by a bunch of Money Hungry Jack Aholes sucking up to the Big Business and the Banksters! I would imagine there would be people foaming at the mouth in this country if a country invaded us to spread Democracy!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

private contractors who have recently returned to the U.S. from Iraq said their former colleagues effectively had been abandoned by the U.S. military

Isn't that the whole point about being a mercenary? the US military are not responsible for you?

If you want to be a soldier of fortune and go play army guy in a war zone, go for it. earn those dollars. But your on your own!

Army of One!
Responsibility and Power!
Asking for help is socializing your responsibilities!
The shareholders and top elite are on the hook!
edit on 13-6-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So you agree that Bush's Proclamation of "Spreading Freedom and Democracy" to Iraq was a bunch of BS when we do not even have it here.

How the hell was that any different than Obama when he bombed the hell out of Liyba, and Yemen ?

Or when CLinton, in Somalia, and Bosnia ?

Or GHB who came running to the aid of Kuwait ?

Or when Reagan came running to the aid of Grenada ?

Or when Kennedy and Johnson in Vietnam

Or Trumans Korea ?

Or Roosevelts 'world war'.

Or Wisons 'world war ?

Please by all means WHAT IS THE GD DIFFERENCE ?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

So you agree that Bush's Proclamation of "Spreading Freedom and Democracy" to Iraq was a bunch of BS when we do not even have it here.

How the hell was that any different than Obama when he bombed the hell out of Liyba, and Yemen ?

Or when CLinton, in Somalia, and Bosnia ?

Or GHB who came running to the aid of Kuwait ?

Or when Reagan came running to the aid of Grenada ?

Or when Kennedy and Johnson in Vietnam

Or Trumans Korea ?

Or Roosevelts 'world war'.

Or Wisons 'world war ?

Please by all means WHAT IS THE GD DIFFERENCE ?

The difference my good friend is there are a LOT of people that have woken up and are not going to take the BS anymore as you have so eloquently pointed out!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The difference my good friend is there are a LOT of people that have woken up and are not going to take the BS anymore as you have so eloquently pointed out!

No they haven't people keep repeating LIES that were designed to put the current guy in power.

Case in point:

edit on 13-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No they haven't people keep repeating LIES that were designed to put the current guy in power.

Case in point:

If you look around, many people see the issue is not so much the president, but their backers that they owe favors to.
The elite have got around that with superpacs and anonymous donations, but people are wise to that as well, and the propaganda that we are a Free Country with Transparent Elections is a joke, and while they may get away with that, the online war continues in exposing them and their fraudulent tricks to the outside world as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I hope this isn't too off-topic, but we have embassy personnel in Baghdad.

There's already a history of sacrificing these personnel as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

If you look around, many people see the issue is not so much the president, but their backers that they owe favors to.

Sorry I do not believe that crap.

Presidents are responsible their own actions. I don't believe the puppet excuse.

As the only strings I see being pulled is the American people.

By snip hat politicians.
edit on 13-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I hope this isn't too off-topic, but we have embassy personnel in Baghdad.

There's already a history of sacrificing these personnel as well.

www.worldtribune.com...

No worries Iran will save them.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

A question for you Neo.
How come Big Business and Banks in this Globalist Economy are allowed to reap the benefits coming from an assortment of economic systems from various countries...Communist China comes to mind, where the workers have no rights, but it is taboo for the workers to bring back various policies from other countries to benefit them?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Give a a rest already.

Since the entire financial, and banking system in this country is controlled by the US government.

It created this countries largest bank. the FEDERAL RESERVE, who sets the rates for every bank financial investment vehicle here.

Then on top of that those shills on capitol hill are the ones who created 'money'.

That has ZERO value other than what people place on it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Some of you have a very narrow view of what a contractor is... good friend of mine single mother of 2 left the military to become a contractor... she served drinks at the bar in a FOL... Company she worked for was a subsidiary of blackwater.

Another co-workers dad was a truck driver in Iraq for 4 years..

Not all contractors are highly trained ex-spec ops.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join