It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Air Force evacuating besieged American contractors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I agree with you, don't let some comments here get to you many people have not clue how contractors work and who the real boss is, Our government broke Iraq and now is letting it rot away.

My husband is retired marine now working for a contracting business, funded by the US government in our local base.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: buster2010

Oversea US contracting firms are funded by the US government and tax payers

So yes US government is responsible for their wellbeing.

Are these private for profit contractors?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Does that change whether they are worthy to evacuate or leave behind?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Differing views don't bother me much... I have some close family that hate the fact I have served this long.

I hate going to the desert... but I just cant shake the fact we broke it, they are our responsibility till they can stand on their own.

It reminds me a bit of Afghanistan, in the '80s we helped break that country by pouring money and weapons into the hands of good people and a lot of bad, so what happened when the soviets pulled out we wiped our hands and walked away instead of being a good friend and helping them rebuild. (we all know how that worked out)

Ill be danged if it doesn't feel like we are doing the same thing again.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Hell no it doesn't.

In a logical world; not even worthy of contemplation .

Jacob and Buster know that...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Does that change whether they are worthy to evacuate or leave behind?

Leaving behind American's in a war torn country is a policy that is detrimental to our citizens there. Agreed.
Big Business though have no qualms with creating policies to pass off to politicians that are detrimental to the citizens at home so that the top shareholders and top elite can benefit so why would it make any difference in this instance?

Does this change whether we should change a lot of our "Free Trade Agreements" and Lax Immigration and Outsourcing of jobs that are detrimental to many citizens?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Actually for every contractor is at least one government worker involved, the contractor acts as the middle or mediator man between the customer (the government) and the service provider (Private company).

edit on 13-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

A lot of people doesn't understand how contractors works, specially US contractors, this people are working under Government contracts

Too right they don't.

Like every time the US military gets cut like during the Clinton years, and the past 6 years contractor usage INCREASES.

That is not accountable to anyone unlike our active duty military.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Differing views don't bother me much... I have some close family that hate the fact I have served this long.

We never should have went into Iraq.
I had an Iraqi Acquaintance at work that said he knew exactly what was going to happen and it did.
Democracy starts at the bottom, not the top. Too many warring factions and sects. The same thing is happening with Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Will Obama let the people die?

If they did how much will the people of America take, when will they wake up?

And now they wont evacuate the embassy because it is politically sensitive?

WTF?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I tell you what, I was against privatizing the military and was very vocal about it, specially bashing Rumsfeld for it here in ATS, but darn thanks to privatization my husband holds a steady well pay job since retirement from the service.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

We're losing sight of our humanity in how we're coming to look at some things. I really believe that.

Yeah, these may include private military contractors. They may even include contract teams so deep and black, even the Embassy has no clue they are anywhere in the country or exist at all.

I may even hate the PMC's that hire these men to be modern day mercs, to go shoot and scoot for the all mighty dollar (with fees and interest, of course).

It never even occurred for me to ask myself who they may work for though. Honestly never crossed my mind in hearing about the story. All I could think is those are men and likely women who are there on behalf, at the request of or to do the business of the U.S. Government and to leave them there would be to shoot them each, directly, as sure as if they just did it at the airport for cameras.

It'd be absolutely unconscionable to leave any Americans or, after that and to the best of our ability, ANYONE who trusted as to help us and may be known for it, behind. We're already living history as it's being made, in a chapter that will NEVER be talked well about in our future generations. (Consider that for a moment in the big picture)

I hope nothing now makes it even worse.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Will Obama let the people die?

If they did how much will the people of America take, when will they wake up?

And now they wont evacuate the embassy because it is politically sensitive?

WTF?

I don't know what he is going to do.

I know whatever he does it will be wrong.

Hell Iran is already on the march in Iraq.

Pretty much is going to hand it over to dumber, and dumber.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I tell you what, I was against privatizing the military and was very vocal about it, specially bashing Rumsfeld for it here in ATS, but darn thanks to privatization my husband holds a steady well pay job since retirement from the service.

Private business always pays better.

Better benefits.

And pretty sure they don't have to deal with a cluster eff like the VA.

link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Don't worry people the private contracting companies are sending their private airplanes to get their people out of Iraq, paid occurs by the US tax payers

So everything is ok, is in the news if anybody wants to research on it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

We're losing sight of our humanity in how we're coming to look at some things. I really believe that.

I hope nothing now makes it even worse.

Good Point.

I have views now that I did not have 10 years and was the complete opposite of what I am today.
Former Military with a Patriotic Mind set that our country and government whatever partisan flavor could do no wrong and all their policies were for the best interests of all citizens. All that is water under the bridge now and the propaganda and lies have come to the surface. Sad Indeed - Ignorance is Bliss.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Lockheed Martin to pull employees out of Iraq over safety concerns

www.latimes.com...

US companies evacuating Iraqi air base

www.interaksyon.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

We never should have went into Iraq.
I had an Iraqi Acquaintance at work that said he knew exactly what was going to happen and it did.
Democracy starts at the bottom, not the top. Too many warring factions and sects. The same thing is happening with Afghanistan.

I agree 1000%... but unfortunately bought and paid for politicians dance to a tune that isn't being played by their constituents.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I agree 1000%... but unfortunately bought and paid for politicians dance to a tune that isn't being played by their constituents.

Yep, and as long as Big Business is holding our country hostage, the online war continues.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I don't or we would have already had our 'Dresden's, and Tokyo''s and 'Rolling Thunder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join