It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the keys of the kingdom?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
and that kingdom exists today, and will last forever ...

Agreed.
That is exactly what I have been saying.
The expectation of "futurism" does not involve any belief that the present kingdom will be defeated or replaced.

edit on 20-6-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The expectation of "futurism" does not involve any belief that the present kingdom will be defeated or replaced.
Unless you are talking about Dispensationalism.
They believe the kingdom never came and the Messiah never came and Jesus is not Lord, and Satan is God over a religion of "gentiles", and that will be cleansed from the earth in a rapture so that the old kingdom can be restored, exactly as it existed before Jesus came and disrupted things.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60
I can't comment on whether your remarks are fair to Dispensationalists.
They must fight their own battles.
But not all believers in a future return of Christ are Dispensationalists.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I can't comment on whether your remarks are fair to Dispensationalists.
These are things that I have brought up with Dispensationalists on this forum with no satisfactory response to refute that this is what they essentially believe in.
I was a Futurist, until very recently, of the Seventh Day Adventists variety but at least our church had the good sense to recognize the primary fulfillment of prophecy in the First Century.
btw: people should contemplate what that term means, "First Century", and what it means, first century of what? God's kingdom.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

The way I use use "First Century" is really simple, from the time Jesus was born to basically when the Apostle John finished the bible, it was uncorrupted Christianity. After Jesus Apostles died it went downhill from there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join