It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convenient: IRS Has 'Lost' Two Years of Lois Lerner's Emails

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Xcathdra

The dispatcher then asks you if you are a democrat or republican. Your answer will determine police response. Does anyone think that is right?

Someone says a Republican the police will take there time, because them evil righties believe in the second amendment.

The democrat will say please come save me and the police will rush right over.

A perfect example of that mindset was Hurricane Katrina. While Louisiana is the focus, the surrounding states took massive damage as well. Take a look at the party who controlled those state governments and their response.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I think its high time both parties understood that concept and act responsibly. Refusing to sign onto legislation that is good simply because the idea came from one political party or the other, in my opinion, should be criminal.

I think it is high time people wised up and realized the only truth in American politics:

Both D's are R's are nothing but useful idiots for those shills on capitol hill.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Time to start voting for none of the above.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

A perfect example of that mindset was Hurricane Katrina. While Louisiana is the focus, the surrounding states to massive damage as well. Take a look at the party who controlled those state governments and their response.

State governments ?

I thought it was the 'duty' of the feds to come save us when ever something bad happens.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here is the problem with defending Lerners actions, and the current administration here.

US History:

2008 from 2010

America elected that 'Hope, and Change', and 'That change they can believe in'.

So the left was swept in to power.

Holding the House, the Senate. and the Presidency.

Those people thought America would just let them do what ever the hell they wanted.

Ya know that 1 party rule.

Well for 2 years America got what it deserved, GOOD, and HARD. Then appear a group that said not so fast there.

So they took them to task, and kicked their butts out in 2010.

The administration said , NO.

Then got his mignons to do the dirty work to make sure that wouldn't happen next election cycle.

This is when they started targeting their critics.

It didn't.

The potus kept his job.

His yes man kept their jobs.

Because hell the TPM was bad!

Because hell conservatives are 'worse'.

All roads lead to capitol hill.

edit on 15-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

you sound resentful.

the federal government offers disaster relief, the state governments have to ask for it though.

Hurricane Katrina, that whole "thing", in new orleans was mostly criticism of the federal government in mobilizing FEMA, criticisms of the State and Local Governments for failure to properly evacuate residents, etc.

New Orleans was the focus because it's a historic city.
hurricane sandy coverage focused a lot on new york or new jersey, why? because they were important cities/big cities.

of coure someone always hijacks these natural disasters for political gain, it usually easier to mock conservatives because they tend to represent in the minds of most people stuffy establishment/big business/wall-street and televangelists. Just as "liberals" seem to represent stuffy academic snobs, hipsters/hippies/worry warts; in the minds of many people, who while equally obnoxious/preachy/hypocritical have some vague interest in public good, even if it's misguided.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Please let us stay on topic:
Convenient: IRS Has 'Lost' Two Years of Lois Lerner's Emails

Thank you.
edit on 15-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
irs has always been corrupt and evil, this is not news. what does this have to do with obama supporters? what does that even mean?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I know....I't absolutely amazing how quiet the pro-Obama side of the aisle has been on this story...both here on ATS (page 5, and not a word from them) and in the mainstream media.

I just Googled the story and it is not even on MSNBC, talk about carrying water.

I wonder if Chris Tingle still loves his Dahlibama.

Most telling, Augustus.. when crickets carry the defense
for this kind of behavior, now becoming unavoidably like
guilty demeanor. Google is staying away from this meme
like a sick relative stuffed away in the attic.

For those poor cloistered souls about to get their first
taste of a Watergate bustin' out all over--- it's June.
Stand by with a lot of lemonade to rinse the palate.

Enough metafaux. I had to give the board something be-
fore complimenting your quadroople entendre'...
wth a capital droop. Alas, I fear the former from his own
tongue has indirectly stated "for better or wurst".

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Of course, if something can't stand up to scrutiny (like many conservative conspiracy theories) then it needs to go.

An example of this is the birthers. While most TEA Party types still believe that obama is from Kenya, it didn't last under scrutiny.

This I think is another one of those birtheresque conspiracies. Y'all can't pin it on Obama, so you'll take anyone.

edit on 15-6-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Yeah people who don't live in 'disaster' areas should be forced to pay for those people who were stupid to build in a known flood zone.

Sure why not.

Hell build a city there!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
First they ignore the story...then they engage in misdirection and diversion...

Come Monday...WATCH how many times administration spokespeople and mainstream media pro-Obama pundits use the word 'PLAUSIBLE' in response to the question as to whether or not they actually believe these two years of specific Lois Lerner Email deletions were the result of an innocent computer crash.
The talking points memo has already been sent out.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
And all while targeting Tea Party groups, Lois was extra "busy" approving Liberal groups and even giving Grandfather status to some.

One highly suspicious group is one named after Obama's [ alleged ] "Father" himself !!

In May 2011, the National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC) asked the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to investigate the Barack H. Obama Foundation which was soliciting tax-deductible contributions from the public although it was not tax exempt. The Foundation is named for Obama's father and is based in Kenya. Its founder and chairman is Abon'go Malik Obama, whose father is also the father of President Obama.

IRS Expedited Tax Exemption for Obama Foundation While Stiffing Tea Party

What will Lois have to say about THAT ?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who said it was selective enforcement? As I said before, TEA Party groups tend to be anti American.

Doesn't our government have the duty to protect the population from ALL enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC?

Groups who have the agenda of killing elected officials seems to be domestic enemies. And i see why they would be under more scrutiny for tax free status.

please explain what you mean by "anti-american", for real, not insane claims.

yes, the governments job is to do just that.

even when it's within the government.

and pray tell who is being targeted by the TEA party for killing?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And all while targeting Tea Party groups, Lois was extra "busy" approving Liberal groups and even giving Grandfather status to some.

The proof of that was the Potus, and his Wifes OFA.

'Organizing for action'.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who said it was selective enforcement? As I said before, TEA Party groups tend to be anti American.

Doesn't our government have the duty to protect the population from ALL enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC?

Groups who have the agenda of killing elected officials seems to be domestic enemies. And i see why they would be under more scrutiny for tax free status.

please explain what you mean by "anti-american", for real, not insane claims.

yes, the governments job is to do just that.

even when it's within the government.

and pray tell who is being targeted by the TEA party for killing?

I already asked this question of him/her pages ago.....no response.
A simple case of misdirection in an attempt to derail the thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Of course, if something can't stand up to scrutiny (like many conservative conspiracy theories) then it needs to go.

An example of this is the birthers. While most TEA Party types still believe that obama is from Kenya, it didn't last under scrutiny.

This I think is another one of those birtheresque conspiracies. Y'all can't pin it on Obama, so you'll take anyone.

LOL

I for one believe Obama was born in Indonesia and adopted.

But that's beside the point.

The IRS targeting was sub-based on jealousy and was carried out on assumptions that "Tea Party" groups were corrupt before they were even approved !!!

Lois Lerner knows all this and if she ever speaks, the bombshells will be devastating to the Democrat Party.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

There we have it folks!

The real reason Lerner targeted the TPM

She worships at the alter of demagoguery.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

So you ascribe the IRS issue as nothing more than a conspiracy trumped up by conservatives?

Is that your final answer?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

I've never personally wanted to see Obama attacked for this. Attacking a sitting president would make a crime that came complete with eyewitnesses and color video evidence a mess that would take years to sort out. Also, I'll tell you what...I actually tend to take the man at his word for the reaction he had on this...for some of it, anyway.

The idea he just heard it on the news doesn't even pass the laugh test, but even he points out there will be Republican presidents again. Once the IRS was exposed doing this, doing something about it would have seemed to be in his own best interests for the long term thinking.

This is a 2 minute vid worth listening to tho....

Now among other decent points he made in that speech, and that's not something I give him points for often, he mentions an Inspector General's report he'd wait for details on. An investigation. Indeed.. There certainly was one. It minced no words about it's conclusions, either.

The IRS used inappropriate criteria that identified for review Tea Party and other organizations applying for tax-exempt status based upon their names or policy positions instead of indications of potential political campaign intervention. Ineffective management: 1) allowed inappropriate criteria to be developed and stay in place for more than 18 months, 2) resulted in substantial delays in processing certain applications, and 3) allowed unnecessary information requests to be issued.
Source: Washington Post - May 2013

In something perhaps a bit more solid for some folks though, I have the URL for the original report as well. There is more under what they found but the PDF really isn't cooperating for copy/paste by highlighting both columns and mixing them. So.. The URL will have to do. It's a 54 page PDF report (with summary on page 2) from the U.S. Treasury Department, as they were ordered.

Inappropriate Criteria Were Used to Identify Tax-Exempt Applications for Review

That literally IS the official title of the Treasury IG report, by the way, and it's on treasury.gov, as a notice for anyone sensitive about going onto Gov sites for any reason.

The fact something wrong happened here seems actual public record in this case.

Now, oddly, all the emails for the one person seemingly responsible for all the IG report describes...got lost? ...and she won't comment herself. So I guess that means it all just has to go away now?

Well..the report seems to indicate there really is a lot more than just one person would have managed anyway. Perhaps another look at the whole thing wouldn't be a bad idea.

After all, who likes the IRS and can't we all agree, politics doesn't work well for them, from either side?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Speaking of OFA:

Today, we're organizing to create jobs and strengthen the middle class, fix our broken immigration system, fight climate change, prevent gun violence, get the facts out about Obamacare, protect women’s rights, ensure marriage equality and push forward on even more issues.

www.barackobama.com...

No matter the issue, OFA works to ensure the voices of ordinary Americans are heard in Washington, while training the next generation of grassroots organizers that will keep fighting for change.

We know the IRS, and Lerner doesn't do that or think that.

And the only people that are standing in the way of that kind of 'Hope and Change', and 'Change they can believe in'

was the TPM.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join