It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convenient: IRS Has 'Lost' Two Years of Lois Lerner's Emails

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It would seem the IRS has run out of the "we didn't do it"lie's so what's next.

The people at the table come up with "the dog ate my home work". Why even bother with any truth when there are no repercussions for anything this administration does.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
These are the scumbags who are killing our country. There's zero accountability anymore when the scumbags are willing and capable of cleaning each other's messes.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wonder how many audits the IRS performs because "email got lost".

Looking forward to the defense on this.

Obviously the White House was involved. (Watergate?)

Beezer, I don't think they plan on defending this...just look at how ATS Obama supporters are ignoring this thread.
They got nuthin!

Exactly. They are pretty loud in other threads, when things are pretty muddy and they can just yell "Racist" and have no argument.

On another note, I actually owe the IRS some money. I should tell them that I keep losing the bills they send me.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Come on HauntWok! The birther conspiracy is kinda hard for me to swallow as well, until I read these 4 facts. Yes Facts regarding his birth certificate which was release by his administration. Unsure of what 4 facts I am talking about? Take a look at this: www.snopes.com...

Now, I at first did not give any credence to the birth movement, but that was until I read those above, kinda made me scratch my head and if anything just made it more plausible. Plus the individual who "verified" the authenticity of the certificate mysteriously died in a plane crash, of a heart attack, the only victim of the crash. That also kinda made me scratch my head. But in anycase I digress.

In all honesty Hauntwok and Nonsensicalusername, if Obama punched you in the face, you would find a way to justify it. So it is practically pointless to try and argue with you.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Remember, this was NOT a system crash at the IRS...it was just Lois Lerner's computer (allegedly).
There is NO WAY they cannot get these Emails.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smitastrophe

In all honesty Hauntwok and Nonsensicalusername, if Obama punched you in the face, you would find a way to justify it. So it is practically pointless to try and argue with you.

same to you.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Being a government office you can be sure there are multiple backup copies of everything. Start arresting people and those missing emails will show up overnight. Damn gremlins.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey, I'm having a tough time with this one, I mean, I'm almost at cynic stage. Just about every thread related to U.S. politics, including this one, results in my brain screaming "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?"

I'm having trouble putting my finger on it, not sure where it's coming from.

Anyway, I digress. Look, the friggin' emails were on Malaysian flight 370, k?

Naw, they mailed 'em to Benghazi and they never came back.

No, maybe that character Berghadi stole 'em.

Heck, I surmise this, a sinister plot by the 5 recently released terrorist to terrorize the IRS by stealing 'em.

Nah, maybe, just maybe, they'll turn up in Baghdad hanging off an ISIS flag.

Hah! I got it!! Those emails are sitting safely at a V.A. hospital in Alexandria Virginia.

Freakin amazin', any one of the above, fitting nicely into a feasible response, are those simple words.....

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — Facing a furor from angry Republican lawmakers, the White House said Monday that the Internal Revenue Service engaged in a good faith effort to find lost emails from an IRS official whose division processed applications for tax-exempt status by politically oriented groups.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest called criticism from Republican lawmakers about the missing emails, quote, "far-fetched" and "not particularly believable." The IRS says the emails to and from the official, Lois Lerner, disappeared when her computer crashed in 2011.

The IRS acknowledged last year that agents improperly scrutinized applications by some conservative groups. Documents have shown some liberal groups were also flagged.

More malarkey and they expect people to actually believe them !!

White House: IRS made good-faith effort on e-mails

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

White House: Explanations for lost Lerner emails 'entirely reasonable'

Explanations provided by the Internal Revenue Service for how it lost two years of former employee Lois Lerner's emails are "entirely reasonable," the White House said on Monday.

"You’ve never heard of a computer crashing before?" White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters traveling with the president aboard Air Force One.

thehill.com...

edit on 16-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
LOOKS like the Lost IRS Emails saga continues:
Apparently Emails from SIX OTHER IRS employees involved in the scandal have had their Emails conveniently 'Lost'.

Discussed HERE:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
LOOKS like the Lost IRS Emails saga continues:
Apparently Emails from SIX OTHER IRS employees involved in the scandal have had their Emails conveniently 'Lost'.

Discussed HERE:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the conversation that brought about the revelation of the other 6:

"Hey guys, we've got a problem. They're not buying the harddrive crash thing."

"What why?"

"Well apparently, email is stored on servers - not personal computers. Something about imap....must be some new apple product. Anyway, long story short they think theres a cover up."

"Oh....get me 6 volunteers to claim they also lost their emails. "
"Sure thing"

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TomRiddle

Hey there isn't "a smidgen of corruption" here. Not even IRS adherence to policy regarding data retention...

For instance it is against the Federal Records Act, so even if Lerner and Co come off this without a black eye, someone must be held responsible for not adhering to this law. Am I wrong?

Federal Records Act

Federal Records Act Subsection B

So this information SHOULD be out there somewhere, it just may take some time for it to come to light but when it does, boy am I thinking it is going to be a GIGANTIC black eye on this administration. Now NARA has the ability to destroy this information at there discretion, from what I have read and understood so I am curious if they received a request for this information or if they too have also scrubbed this data. If so, very telling.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The cherry on the parfait is the hard drives for the 6-7 people involved have been destroyed.

The exchange between the head of the IRS and Paul Ryan got a bit testy.

Nancy Pelosi chimed in as well on this incident. She blamed Bush and the antiquated computers at the IRS. Sadly enough she apparently missed the part where almost 150 +/- million dollars were spent on IRS upgrades.

Its sounding like there may very well be a special prosecutor appointed. The Republicans also went on record stating they most likely have the votes in the House to impeach Obama. Since the Senate is controlled by Democrats the impeachment possibility are pretty much 0.
edit on 21-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I could give them the benefit of the doubt and perhaps say that they don't know the exact configuration of their server/comms room. Not knowing that and they wouldn't know that all emails were being archived through a distributed database system scattered across the continent. Those archival systems are meant to be transparent and invisible. But if they don't want those emails found, then they're going to say the disk drive was trashed.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Join members Signalfire, Jacygirl, Comfortablynumb, and Druid42 this Monday @ 10pm EST as they discuss this thread.

Visit the ATS Live Forum for more information.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join