It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convenient: IRS Has 'Lost' Two Years of Lois Lerner's Emails

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Awww...C'MON!
Does ANYONE really believe these PARTICULAR emails were lost due to a "computer crash"?
Even liberal Dems must admit that they smell a rat!

According to the House Ways and Means Committee, the IRS has "lost" two years of emails belonging to former head of tax exempt organizations Lois Lerner.

The IRS doesn't have a record of her emails to outside groups or government agencies from January 2009 through April 2011, conveniently encompassing some of the same time when tea party groups were being targeted for extra scrutiny and possible criminal prosecution.

The IRS says the loss of emails is due to a "computer crash" and claims emails from or to Lerner from the White House, Democratic members of Congress, the Treasury Department and Department of Justice cannot be located.

They do however have emails belonging to Lerner that she sent to other IRS employees.

townhall.com... sel&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingNewsCarousel

waysandmeans.house.gov...

www.washingtontimes.com...

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'll tell you something else that is lost: Anyone's MIND who continues to VOTE for these criminals.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Seriously....To ALL you Obama supporters out there: be honest...do you believe this?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I absolutely adore the excuses our executive branch spews whenever there's a scandal.

What a gamble to hope that hiding your malevolent actions behind a smokescreen of incompetence will help you keep power.

I'm not buying.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TurtleSmacker
I absolutely adore the excuses our executive branch spews whenever there's a scandal.

Um, yeah, the IT guy's dog ate the emails. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Indeed, and these are the people that can read all my emails from 1967?
edit on 13-6-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How odd that this release occurred in a Friday afternoon document dump after Obama left for (another) family vacation in Palm Springs.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Seriously....To ALL you Obama supporters out there: be honest...do you believe this?

Hello? Obama supporters? Care to weigh in?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

There are still Obama supporters out there?

Learn something new everyday.

In answer to the OP, no. I don't believe they lose anything in computer crashes. I'm pretty sure stuff like that has backups for the backup.
edit on 13-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

There are still Obama supporters out there?

Learn something new everyday.

I think they're afraid to take up this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TurtleSmacker
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Indeed, and these are the people that can read all my emails from 1967?

Hmmm, yeah. I was under the impression our emails, text msg's and phone calls have been saved for the last 15 years at least. I guarantee you, if I had sent a "sensitive" email in 2008, it WOULD be in the archives. How convenient for the IRS. I wonder if any other emails are conveniently lost. Besides the fact, if the receiver's computer didn't crash then they're still there. And how is it only emails to the outside sources are lost while internal emails aren't???? Email is email. It doesn't matter whether you send one to your brother upstairs, the next door neighbor or a pal in Russia. It's all just email. Just another sham from the shammer of all shams.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I wonder how many audits the IRS performs because "email got lost".

Looking forward to the defense on this.

Obviously the White House was involved. (Watergate?)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What a coincidence...We have a nice cell waiting for you to find them! It would happen to me if I were in her shoes.

edit on 3/2/13 by w8tn4it because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I wonder how many audits the IRS performs because "email got lost".

Looking forward to the defense on this.

Obviously the White House was involved. (Watergate?)

Beezer, I don't think they plan on defending this...just look at how ATS Obama supporters are ignoring this thread.
They got nuthin!
edit on 13-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Don't worry...

The NSA should have complete copies.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

If they do, they'll certainly be deemed important to national security, and therefore shall be handed off to our senate intelligence committee headed by Mrs.Feinstein.

So she can assure us that there was absolutely no wrongdoing involved, as well as how much we and the courts don't need to know what's contained therein.

Afterall, we can't have the NSA indiscriminately violating the rights of our IRS now can we.

edit on 13-6-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

If the IRS can conveniently "lose" emails when they are being investigated, I guess I can conveniently "lose" receipts when they decide to audit me... Seems only fair..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Don't worry...

The NSA should have complete copies.

Not gonna lie, that made me laugh out loud...
edit on 13-6-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
How come that wouldn't work for us. They would be reconstructing the data if we were involved in something questionable. I know a person who knows how to get information off a drive that went down. He works on business computers for some state and county offices and sometimes recovers info on a drive that died and copies it to other drives. I suppose the E-mails were the only thing that disappeared in this case.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join