It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All black unmarked F5 sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Today, while at work, I stepped outside and an all black, with no markings what so ever, F-5 flew out of the ANG base here.
It was very very low and really hooking it up. Much lower and much faster across town than the ANG usually flys, and not on the path commercial craft takes out of FYI.
I believe I have seen a similar, if not the same one , 12 years ago, in nor cal, while on a mtb ride.
That's all I got.
P.S. Kudos to the Local ANG pilots that reminded the Russians that just cuz your badger can fly to the west coast, doesn't mean you can do anything with it.

edit on 13-6-2014 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

Looks incredibly stealthy.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Sorry bout that false start,
Glitchy android

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

There are a number of privately owned F-5s flying around, probably more than a few flying with companies that do aggressor work with the military.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

f5's and the T38 were always my faves!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There are a number of privately owned F-5s flying around, probably more than a few flying with companies that do aggressor work with the military.

#jealous

Didn't the Air Force give Chuck Yeager one upon his retirement? I hope they gave him a maintenance contract, too.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Wasn't me.

I don't fly on Friday the 13th.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You should see some of the other privately owned aircraft flying around. TacAir has a pair of Su-27s, several Mirage types, Kfirs. Then there are the privately owned MiG types flying around.
edit on 6/13/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You should see some of the other privately owned aircraft flying around. TacAir has a pair of Su-27s, several Mirage types, Kfirs. Then there are the privately owned MiG types flying around.

Zaphod,
As a civillian aircraft should it not have visible tail #'s ?
This this thing was very low , like less than 300' when he flew by, and it had no markings what so ever, unless they black on black.

And at one time I was blessed enough to watch an F-86 chasing s Mig-17, in s mock dog fight, thru the canyon of the south fork of the san joaquin river ,near mammoth mtn.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The markings are retired to be a certain height, and visible from a certain distance. On the F-5s that I've seen that are privately owned, they're usually placed just in front of the elevators. They're hard to see unless you're really close and at the right angle.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
It seems crazy to me that people can privately own Jets like this. Do they carry armaments only if they are government contracted I suppose? Obvious billionaire Joe doesn't have Missiles on his, I guess that is a stupid question. What is the coolest privately owned air craft in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

All weapons systems have to be removed or deactivated in such a way as they can't be reactivated again. That means anything but weather radar is removed, fire control systems are pulled, gun chambers are filled with an equal weight of concrete for ballast, etc.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I see a pretty cool privately owned aircraft flying around the area where I live quite frequently.

Some tard with way too much money to burn owns his own Huey Cobra and flies it all around in the New Smyrna Beach/Edgewater Florida area all the time.

I was quite alarmed the first time I saw it as machines like that were never around to do nice things as far as my military experience went....

It's one thing to be well off, but conspicuous waste / consumption is really quite rediculous, hence the term "tard".

a reply to: sputniksteve

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Lots of black T-38's still flying, coulda been one of the jets from Beale in CA or Holloman in NM..The numbers and markings are in red, making them kinda hard to see unless you are really close. I'm assuming you are either near Kingsley, or Fresno based on your Bear comment..

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Oops, saw the FYI reference...So 144th Griffins it is...Definitely not the first time a black T-38 has transitioned there, especially from Holloman..

top topics

join