It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting and Shameful

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
SGT Bowe Bergdahl may have been a deserter. (Yeah right!) He may have been the most detestable American that ever served in the armed forces. But that is not true. And we know that is not true.

The President of the United States, and our Government, put SGT Bergdahl in Afghanistan. They put him in mortal danger.

Is it not their UTMOST RESPONSIBILITY to bring him home???

Fuk those terrorists. How truly dangerous are they to us? Not at all. They'll be dead within a year I'm sure. They're probably walking around with biometrical GPS devices.

Regardless of any shameful act SGT Bergdahl may have or not committed, it should be the President's top priority to bring home as many Soldiers/Airmen/Marine/Sailor from conflict as humanly possible. (HE PUT THEM THERE!!!)

The politics at play about SGT Bergdahl not being worth the trade for those 5 worthless, and soon to be dead, Taliban is pure selfish destructive insanity.

I wished more people would call Fox news, and those responsible, out on these detestable tactics.
The character assassination of a prisoner of war veteran is FK'ING DISGUSTING!!!
He has an American Family. He is an American. Regardless of anything he may have done, which is all speculative theory at best, is STRAIGHT CHARACTER ASSASSINATION.

SGT Bergdahl has my full support. I am happy he is home.
I formally apologize for the way the country is treating him upon his return.

Fair winds and following seas brother!
edit on 13-6-2014 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I though George dubya put them there?
And obama gotta do what the shadow banksters tell him to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
No. Obama did not put him there. Neither did Bush. As far as I can recall we haven't had a draft in many, many, years. So Bergdahl put Bergdahl there if we really want to be technical.

My opinion on bringing him home differs a bit as well. He deserted. His fellow soldiers say he deserted. I think I would trust those that were there before any second hand information floating around out there. Since he chose to desert, then we should have left him deserted.

It's your rant though and you can find the behavior of everyone but Bergdahl disgusting and shameful if you want to. That's how it works. Personally, I find the fact that we brought him back home disgusting and shameful.

It takes all kinds to make the world go round.
edit on 6/13/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

I think we should honor his request to be called pfc... that was his rank before what ever happened until they promoted him twice while he was in captivity....

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think he should be tried for desertion and treason. Men died trying to save his deserting ass.. I have no sympathy for him and he is responsible for his own decisions.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"Sgt Bowe Bergdahl may have been a deserter"

Desertion is a high crime in the military, during times of war it is punishable by death.

The only offence considered "worse", is turning your weapon on your brothers-in-arms.

Desertion can completely destroy the cohesion and morale of a unit, therefore putting lives in grave danger.

Regardless of whether he did it or not, this dismissive attitude torwards desertion is out of place, you don't get a slap on the wrist for it, you get the firing squad.

Even if those terrorists don't kill Americans, our politicians released them, and if they kill anyone, of any nationality, that's gonna be on us. As if we needed more enemies in the world.

Lastly, I'm not sure how you and "we" know it's untrue that he deserted, quite a few of his former platoon-mates have said they believe he did, although his actual squad has been gag-ordered (I can only wonder why).
edit on 13-6-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
No. Obama did not put him there. Neither did Bush. As far as I can recall we haven't had a draft in many, many, years. So Bergdahl put Bergdahl there if we really want to be technical.

My opinion on bringing him home differs a bit as well. He deserted. His fellow soldiers say he deserted. I think I would trust those that were there before any second hand information floating around out there. Since he chose to desert, then we should have left him deserted.

It's your rant though and you can find the behavior of everyone but Bergdahl disgusting and shameful if you want to. That's how it works. Personally, I find the fact that we brought him back home disgusting and shameful.

It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Add to the well presented post above. In the news conference about 30 minutes ago. They were asked if Bergdahl's parents had come to greet him, and if he had talked with them yet.

It was then a written statement was read, given by the parents, if that question was asked. They stated they have not talked, nor did they come to meet his arrival in America. To please leave them to their privacy.

Something is really amiss here Folks.

Des

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Amiss?? Youre so sweet!! LOL!
More like squirrelly as hell and totally creepy as # and this admin is up to its elbows in it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Is it not their UTMOST RESPONSIBILITY to bring him home???

There have been others who wanted to come home but we "don't make deals with terrorists".

Making deals like these endangers many of our people in the future, they could be taken and used, very bad policy!

Your anger could be misplaced, how would you feel serving with someone if indeed they did walk over to the other side and someone elses sons or daughters were killed trying to go get him? On the other hand you may be a friend or relative of his so I could understand your feelings in such case.

I think they already know the truth of things but as we don't have the details I am not going to judge anyone, for all i know our Government sent him so they could retrieve him much later for information.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Where is the Progressive outrage over Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, whom is being held in a Mexican prison for making a wrong turn and having legal guns in his possession?

How come this administration isn't doing a damn thing to get him out of prison in a country we keep funneling money too?

This soldier didn't desert his unit and walk off willingly to the enemy, he made a mistake!!!!

Funny how you try to paint FOX news as uncaring, yet it is FOX news is questioning this administration for sitting on their thumbs and doing NOTHING to help get this soldier out of the jam he is in!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Bergdahl was Obama's gay lover.
It's the only thing that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There hasnt been a draft since vietnam.
Bergdahl volunteered which means he made the choice to go.
Same as he made the choice to desert during wartime.
The man is guilty under u.c.m.j
Give the man the trial under u.c.m.j for his crime of desertion during wartime and the penalty that goes with it.
He made his choice knowing full well the penalty he will face under u.c.m.j
Let the court martial proceedings decide his punishment .. most likely it will be death by hanging as that was the penalty years ago for the crime doubt theyve changed it ..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

It certainly doesn't pass the smell test IMO. His father was all ready to go in the rose garden... Now? Not so much. I wonder if they have had threats made on their lives and that is why they didn't show? I wouldn't doubt it, but if they believed in him they should be there anyway.

Maybe they decided he was a deserter as well and now don't want to be a part of any proceedings. Who knows? Whatever it is.... It probably ain't good.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
So, this is where we are?
Some of his squad mates think he may have or may not have?

He served his country. Take that volunteer argument and flush it. Those utterings are an attempt to bypass the fact that he is ordered to these locations and situations.

Those of you so ready to judge before a trial, or before he even set a foot on American soil, have you served?

Quit being Fox News groupies. Think logically and have some sympathy. What would Jesus do? And do that.

I am certainly not an Obama supporter. He did the right thing. If he can do this more, he should.
Ironic how you all know that the MSM would spin the other direction if they found out Obama refused the trade.

I understand politics. This is politics. However, I find it disgusting there are so many blind followers of the BS agenda put forth by the MSM. Aka Fox News today.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Hold dual citizenship along with served four tours in a little place called vietnam with s.o.g back in the 60's before you were even a gleam in your deddys eye junior ..

under u.c.m.j the man is a deserter during wartime a courts martial offense. He made his choices he can face the consequences of his actions .. which even then wont bring back those who were killed searching for the gutless coward when he deserted ..

Dont expect anyone that hasnt done time in a line unit much less hasnt been in combat to understand ..
Carry on drinking the governent koolaid and having a pity party for a deserter ..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I find the timing suspect. With the VA crisis looming over the White House, my hope is that Obama will make as many concessions as is needed to protect and care for veterans. To include freeing any and all POWs. Even the mentally weak who May might could have walked outside the wire deserters.

Why so ready to judge, kill, go to war, or character assassinate someone with little to zero evidence?
Befuddling.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan
So, this is where we are?
Some of his squad mates think he may have or may not have?

He served his country. Take that volunteer argument and flush it. Those utterings are an attempt to bypass the fact that he is ordered to these locations and situations.

Those of you so ready to judge before a trial, or before he even set a foot on American soil, have you served?

Quit being Fox News groupies. Think logically and have some sympathy. What would Jesus do? And do that.

I am certainly not an Obama supporter. He did the right thing. If he can do this more, he should.
Ironic how you all know that the MSM would spin the other direction if they found out Obama refused the trade.

I understand politics. This is politics. However, I find it disgusting there are so many blind followers of the BS agenda put forth by the MSM. Aka Fox News today.

Why is it that anybody who disagreed with you are labeled "Fox News Groupies", "Blind Followers Of BS", etc.? Just because one disagrees, it doesn't mean you are the only one with the truth and the rest of us are just too stupid to see what you see.

His own people said he deserted. This was not the first time he walked away from his post. He left a letter. What names can we all label you with since you are choosing to ignore these facts?

And regardless if he was a deserter or not, HE ABSOLUTELY VOLUNTEERED to be where he was. Anybody over the ripe old age of 5 knows that when you join the military, you are going to have to follow orders and possibly do some things you might not really want to do. He wasn't drafted. He volunteered. He sent himself there because he did voluntarily sign on to go wherever they sent him. Had he not signed on the dotted line, then nobody in this world could have made him go there.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Thanks for the lesson in misplaced pride dad. 20 years and multiple tours leading here. I've been in those shoes. And I see zero evidence of any crime. If there was a crime, he will see his justice at a courts martial.

Go look in the mirror and judge yourself. Take your false pride and flush it. Childish old fart.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
So that is your evidence???
A reporter got someone who might know him say they think he might have deserted?
Yep. That qualifies.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
So that is your evidence???
A reporter got someone who might know him say they think he might have deserted?
Yep. That qualifies.

I don't think that is all of the evidence. I DO think that you already knew that though. You seem to have an interest in this case. Surely you have seen multiple soldiers stand up and tell their side of the story on multiple news stations. I don't have cable, so I have not seen Fox to even know what they are saying.

Are you just ignoring what is being reported when you see it because you don't like it or what?

You don't like Fox... How about a CNN article?

www.cnn.com...

According to firsthand accounts from soldiers in his platoon, Bergdahl, while on guard duty, shed his weapons and walked off the observation post with nothing more than a compass, a knife, water, a digital camera and a diary.

At least six soldiers were killed in subsequent searches for him, according to soldiers involved in the operations to find him. The Pentagon was not able to provide details on specific operations in which any soldiers killed during that time were involved.

Also, many soldiers in Bergdahl's platoon said attacks seemed to increase against the United States in Paktika province in the days and weeks following his disappearance.

"Any of us would have died for him while he was with us, and then for him to just leave us like that, it was a very big betrayal," said former U.S. Army Sgt. Josh Korder, who has the name of three soldiers who died while searching for Bergdahl tatooed on his back.

And why did his fellow soldiers have to sign an NDA? If he was such a glorious hero, why would they not be allowed to sing his praises whenever and however they wanted to?

Many of Bergdahl's fellow troops -- from the seven or so who knew him best in his squad to the larger group that made up the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division -- told CNN that they signed nondisclosure agreements agreeing to never share any information about Bergdahl's disappearance and the efforts to recapture him. Some were willing to dismiss that document in hopes that the truth would come out about a soldier who they now fear is being hailed as a hero, while the men who lost their lives looking for him are ignored.

"I don't think I could have continued to go on without being able to share with you and the people the true things that happened in this situation," Korder said Monday. "Because if you guys aren't made aware of it, it will just go on, and he'll be a hero, and nobody will be able to know the truth."

Why is it so hard to believe those that were there? SI'm sure all of those folks are just lying though. They have so much to gain from it and everything. It kind of makes you wonder how boring these men's lives must be to have nothing better to do than not want Bergdahl to come home... Just because of course.
edit on 6/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join