It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ya mon, Jamaica decrims what it's known for

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ya mon, Jamaica has gone and decriminalized what it is known for, praise Jah. This link though, first you get a dancing lady, which isn't all bad for an advertisement. I thought they did this years ago, ? (edit: not a direct link apparently, have to search the headlines and the one I'm thinking of is downwards a bit)

www.latinpost.com... tm

During a press conference, Minister of Justice Mark Golding announced that this summer, the Dangerous Drugs Act will be amended, Reuters reports. According to Golding, Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller decided to decriminalize the drug, known as "ganja" in the country, on June 2.

"Cabinet approved certain changes to the law relating to ganja," Golding said. "These relate to possession of small quantities of ganja for personal use, the smoking of ganja in private places and the use of ganja for medical-medicinal purposes."

edit on 13-6-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Wasn't this almost at the level of American 'blue laws' for Jamaica?

I mean honestly..I don't know. I've never been there. I got the impression it was open and freely available there though. Kinda like other things are "illegal" but not that anyone really cares either way?

(post by UNIT76 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Wasn't this almost at the level of American 'blue laws' for Jamaica?

I mean honestly..I don't know. I've never been there. I got the impression it was open and freely available there though. Kinda like other things are "illegal" but not that anyone really cares either way?

Correct. It was pretty much only illegal there because of the BS treaty that America made them sign back in the 60's. They never really took it seriously.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Ya mon, Jamaica has gone and legalized what it is known for, praise Jah. ...

We are talking about sugar cane...aren't we?
If so - I've no problem with them legalizing the stuff.

(post by Aleister removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash

originally posted by: Aleister
Ya mon, Jamaica has gone and legalized what it is known for, praise Jah. ...

We are talking about sugar cane...aren't we?
If so - I've no problem with them legalizing the stuff.

Darn right sugar cane. That's a plant that should be criminalized, imnho. Sugar is the most addictive drug on the planet, so please, don't discuss personal use of sugar on this thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Now that is an outstanding personal rule to follow, as personal use of such things would be where that pesky T&C line lay, like a ankle trap under a new fallen snow...just waiting. lol....

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: WanDash

Now that is an outstanding personal rule to follow, as personal use of such things would be where that pesky T&C line lay, like a ankle trap under a new fallen snow...just waiting. lol....

What can I say... the line must be drawn...somewhere.
Those ankle traps can sure ruin a beautiful day.

(post by n00bUK removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well this should make tourists feel better about not getting thrown in the slammer. I've been and I know it's "tolerated". However, as a tourist, I was offered some and said heck no.

They ain't trumping up charges on this boy because some officer had a bad day.

I did get to witness a kidnapping in our hotel by armed thugs carrying ak's. That place is crazy.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I thought RUM was decriminalized already?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yes yes!! Damn good Man...

So Nice with so many places to visit now.

Washington & Colorado. Jamaica. The netherlands. Protugal.

uruguay.

Funny i also througt that it was legal in jamaica. Because i saw a doc. Years ago about how weed / Marijuhanna was a religion there. But Then saw last year the doc with Snoop dog that Went to Jamaica and Then they told in it. That they had to hide it When smoking.

So I am so happy fore the Jamaicans People now. [snip]

Peace Out

edit on 13-6-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

i get what you're saying but i think there's a reason why training wheels eventually come off the bike..
/shrugs

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Maybe the decriminalization in the states was hurting tourism?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So... 8 or so years ago we were in Montego Bay. It was dusk and we were in the ocean.. beautiful warm. Amazing sunset. Then this dude came paddling over on a surfboard sort of made into a floatng kiosk. It had conch shells, necklaces, etc. We talked to the man.. very nice man by the way. Within the convo he asked if we wanted to buy some. I stood up, said no I dont think so this time, and I was like 7 months pregnany in a bikini. He laughed, we declined, bought a conch shell, and he sat there talking to us for some time.

We saw cops with AKs there, al sorts of things.. .if its decriminalized I think that there will be MUUUCH less crime and they can center their resources on the true criminals. Its a good place. Been there several times. Theyre GOOD people.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech

Maybe the decriminalization in the states was hurting tourism?

And therein will lie the eventual tale - economics and how to get the cash out of someone's pocket into the governments. If Mexico goes ahead and legalizes that's about the ball game on the North American continent. Harry Anslinger is turning over in his grave (there's a live-feed, but I don't have the website, anyone?)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join