It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The final death knell for the Christians of Iraq,”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
"The final death knell for the Christians of Iraq,”

No place left to run.

Iraq’s Vulnerable Christians Further Imperiled by Jihadist Advance

www.cnsnews.com...

In previous years, Christians fleeting violence in Baghdad or elsewhere in the south often headed for the Mosul area. The Nineveh Plain formed the historic homeland of Assyrians, an ancient non-Arab ethnic group in Iraq. Main Christian denominations include Chaldean Catholic, Assyrian, Syrian Orthodox, Armenian and evangelicals.

Syria was another key destination for Christians who were able to leave Iraq, but the civil war there made life even riskier across the border than at home, prompting some to return.

As the jihadists swept into Mosul this week, they reportedly looted and torched churches, raised their black “there is no god but Allah” flags and started demanding that women wear the Islamic veil.

The Assyrian International News Agency identified two of the targeted churches as the Chaldean Church of the Holy Spirit, and an Armenian church under construction, which it said was bombed.

Barnabas Fund, an aid agency that supports minority Christians in Islamic countries, said the attacks on churches were “a clear statement from ISIS that they are no longer welcome in Mosul.”

“It is feared that this latest exodus could be the final death knell for the Christians of Iraq,” said Barnabas international director Patrick Sookdheo.

The Cleansing of Iraq’s Christians Is Entering Its End Game
www.nationalreview.com...

The population, particularly its Christian community, has much to fear. The ruthlessness of ISIS, an offshoot of al-Qaeda, has been legendary. Its beheadings, crucifixions, and other atrocities against Christians and everyone else who fails to conform to its vision of a caliphate have been on full display earlier this year, in Syria.

I had started another topic on Christian persecution in the middle east and the latest in Syria.

I just wonder if Biblical prophecy was meant for outside of the middle east, I wonder if the whole thing will happen just in that area.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Interesting...maybe this is Obama's play to show his loyalty to Islam. It has been reported that he will not entertain intervening in this so maybe that is his way of telling ISIS to go to town on the Christian population.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Interesting...maybe this is Obama's play to show his loyalty to Islam. It has been reported that he will not entertain intervening in this so maybe that is his way of telling ISIS to go to town on the Christian population.

I have had similar thoughts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I actually noticed this myself, once we go into a country, the persecution of Christians begins after we leave.

I am alarmed by the silence, very little is said, is there a concerted effort to wipe out Christianity in the middle east by America itself? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Upon return MANY will look at THE as if the caused the issues that SPAWNED the into this realm of existence. The data is here even if mis used by ignorant ones.

So EDIN and those who were present is denied...

1 wishes ALL* in harms way of ignorance like this to remain strong.
Its not hard to see how many will blasphemy the name of the when their beliefs are challenged directly as they are reminded here or in hades of their deeds.

King James Bible
Revelation 16:8
And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

Revelation 16:9
And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Revelation 16:10
And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

Revelation 16:11
And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Revelation 16:12
And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Revelation 16:13
And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Revelation 16:14
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Wont get too religious on many but... The data is here denied or not

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can only imagine the Terror these people are facing right now ..BUT..it's about time they took up arms and started to defend themselves and stop running from town to town.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Some don't possess the WILL to do so this must be acknowledged also. It takes a certain awaken gene to fight and defend others. Many are designed to live peacefully and develop spiritually why here from 1z subjective analysis.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.thecommentator.com...

Was this purposely done by this administration that supported the Arab spring and the brotherhood. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

‘Largest Massacre of Christians in Syria’ Ignored

www.raymondibrahim.com...

here it is

In late October, the U.S-supported “opposition” invaded and occupied Sadad for over a week, till ousted by the nation’s military. Among other atrocities, 45 Christians—including women and children—were killed, several tortured to death; Sadad’s 14 churches, some ancient, were ransacked and destroyed; the bodies of six people from one family, ranging from ages 16 to 90, were found at the bottom of a well (an increasingly common fate for “subhuman” Christians).

The jihadis even made a graphic video (with English subtitles) of those whom they massacred, while shouting Islam’s victory-cry, “Allahu Akbar” (which John McCain equates to a Christian saying “thank God”). Another video, made after Sadad was liberated shows more graphic atrocities.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
See what happens when you let religious yahoos control a country?

Remember that everytime you vote for some one "Jesus told to run".

Christians have the same history of persecution of others. Witch trials, crusades, Spanish Inquisition. No culture ran by there religious beliefs doesn't have a long dark history of evil. Look at how Christians in Africa treat gays. Look at how American Christians treat gays.

Oh, since being gay is a choice to most Christians so they get what they deserve.

Isn't being a Christian a choice as well?

Hell all they gotta do is change sides (religions) then they can get married (live in Iraq).

Damn hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
and now let's watch Iran finally get into the fray

Exclusive: Alarmed by Iraq, Iran open to shared role with U.S. - Iran official
www.reuters.com...

Fearing Iraq's war could spill into Iran, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has urged the international community to back Maliki's administration "in its fight against terrorism

This is exactly what I said was going to happen a few days ago, this could destabilize Iran as well, we will see.

link   
MANY fighting each other are misguided ENLILITES...

link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

As good Christians you should have the same view of all murder. Shouldn't matter if it's African Christians slaughtering gays or Muslims attacking Christians. Both are evil.

The team sport mentality, where it's not worth a thread unless it's someone on my team, isn't very Christian at all... Oh never mind god told his followers to kill all kind of children and such. I guess genocide is a Christian concept.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is what happens when they leave for too long. And WHY they need to RETURN for ALL* here to see them globally and get updated on TRUTH. Sapiens sapiens

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

As good Christians you should have the same view of all murder. Shouldn't matter if it's African Christians slaughtering gays or Muslims attacking Christians. Both are evil.

The team sport mentality, where it's not worth a thread unless it's someone on my team, isn't very Christian at all... Oh never mind god told his followers to kill all kind of children and such. I guess genocide is a Christian concept.

BTW I have had the same reaction on other topics about this latest in Iraq, as a good person you should have the same hatred for the atrocities perpetrated on Christian as well, regardless of the crusades

This topic is about the death of Christianity in the middle east, not your anti Christian agenda.
edit on 033030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Not just Xtians. Even moderate muslims themselves. Theyre killing women who dont cover and/or stay indoors. 4 women committed suicide due to being raped or forced to marry ISIS members. Playing soccer with heads of policemen and torture of former policemen and their families.

This isnt only CHristians. Theyre like devils devouring whatever is in their way.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Just speculating here, but I'm sure that atheists aren't immune to this genocide either.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The Cleansing of Iraq's Christians Is Entering Its End Game

The population, particularly its Christian community, has much to fear. The ruthlessness of ISIS, an offshoot of al-Qaeda, has been legendary. Its beheadings, crucifixions and other atrocities toward Christians and everyone else who fails to conform to its vision of a caliphate have been on full display earlier this year, in Syria.

www.christianpost.com...

ISIS Expands Control, Begins Persecuting Christians in Mosul
Posted 2014-06-12 06:13 GMT

According to reports from Mosul, ISIS has gone on a rampage, looting and burning government buildings, raising its black flag throughout the city and burning churches. According to an AFP report, it stormed the Turkish consulate yesterday and kidnapped 48 people including the head of the diplomatic mission.

World Watch Monitor reported that ISIS have moved into Christian areas near Mosul, and have occupied the Assyrian (also known as Chaldean and Syriac) village of Qaraqosh and entered the St. Behnam Monastery.

ISIS has warned the Christian residents of Mosul, specifically women, to wear the Islamic veil. The warnings have come at checkpoints setup throughout the city by ISIS. The husband of an Assyrian woman was abducted at a checkpoint and threatened with death if his wife did not don the Islamic veil.

ISIS members bombed an Armenian church which was under construction in the Left Bank neighborhood, near al-Salaam hospital.

The Church of the Holy Spirit was looted by ISIS members, who removed most of its electrical equipment.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Just speculating here, but I'm sure that atheists aren't immune to this genocide either.

Well there is also an ethnic issue there too. ISIS has been also targeting those from the Jarobi tribe.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I blaster religious ran countries and pointed out when givin the same power Christians have done the same. I didn't say they had a right to kill people.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Anti religious political rule agenda.... I don't discriminate between the mythes of Bronze Age goat herders... I think your all crazy.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Of-course.

Every time the US gets involved in the ME, its to support the crazy radicals who inevitably end up waging war on the minorities. We're now openly backing Al-CIAeda in Libya and Syria, Moslem Brotherhood in Egypt.

For anyone who thinks this latest group in Iraq is operating without the help of the US, you're being naive.

Meanwhile under Saddam, Iraq was a secular State where the vast majority of people didnt have a problem.

As a matter of fact, just prior to the US invasion, it was revealed that Saddam's government distributed arms/weapons/guns to the people.

Compare that to our government which is constantly trying to confiscate our arms.

And they told us he was the bad guy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join