It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Produced From Ground Up Beer Bottles

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have read the stuff on his Facebook page, and concluded that the guy is mentally unbalanced. Of course, he wouldn't be the first insane genius to come along (think Tesla). What you should realize is that there are tiny bits of gold in a lot of materials. The problem is, there is no economically profitable way to extract it from trace amounts. So it's easy to show that you're extracting real gold, but you have to prove that you can do it and make a profit.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I sort of wonder why they are even grinding the glass in the fist place. Melting temperature for glass is the same if it is crushed or not crushed.

The temperature is the same, but the time it takes to melt is reduced. There is a thing called surface area... increasing it will increase heat absorption..........

There are a couple other reasons as well.

Now I know you are making up stuff.

The type of furnace they are using it wouldn't mater if it was powdered glass or solid chunks in fact because they are adding in the grinding material it would increase the time it took to reach a molten state.

Don't try to BS me on this subject because I know better.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Holy cow!

Isn't this what alchemists have been trying to figure out for ages?

Why in the world would they share this with others when they could hoard it for themselves and become billionaires?

Better sell your gold etf shares..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Thats f'ed up man.. somebody threw their cat out of a plane. Shouldn't allow that to happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Alchemy = conversion of material to new elements (amongst other things).

If this is true they can probably use any other glass.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I sort of wonder why they are even grinding the glass in the fist place. Melting temperature for glass is the same if it is crushed or not crushed.

The temperature is the same, but the time it takes to melt is reduced. There is a thing called surface area... increasing it will increase heat absorption..........

The type of furnace they are using it wouldn't mater if it was powdered glass or solid chunks in fact because they are adding in the grinding material it would increase the time it took to reach a molten state.

Agreed I don't see no reason why he would need to powder the glass if it is being melted anyway?
Limbo

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Limbo

Agreed I don't see no reason why he would need to powder the glass if it is being melted anyway?
Limbo

It's not just glass, it's also being mixed with other ore. You can't stick a stir rod into those crucibles under fire.

Also, if you intend the fill the crucible with as much glass as possible, then it has to be finely ground in order maximize the surface area. The looser the grind, the less glass will fit into the crucible.

edit on 6/16/2014 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Rob48

You have a masters degree in chemistry but you fail at math and business... You completely ignored a simple thing called EXPENSES.

Sure 1 bottle could yield $112 according to the elementary math you tried to display to appear smart... But how much of that will then be used to pay expenses?

It takes time and energy to make the gold, apparently. The time and labor it took to collect the bottles. The time, electricity, water and labor it took to grind the glass into fine particles using that machine. The time and energy it took to heat the glass up until it is molten. The time and electricity it took to run that molten mixture in a microwave for a long period of time. The time, energy, and materials it takes to refine the final mixture for gold. Not to mention the wear and tear all this has on the equipment. Those magnetrons on the microwaves wont last long if there is metal inside them, and they are running for hours at a time, so take into account new microwaves every so often.

By the time they are done with one bottle, how much of that $112 is left?

They claimed the process can take up to one full day. At minimum wage in California ($8.00 per hour), they could only afford 1 employee for 1 day with 1 bottle.

Yeah, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can't believe your post got 8 stars.

Lol, you are going to use that "math" and "logic" as an arguement?

A brand new microwave costs what $20 $30 bucks?

A "special" machine to grond the glass? really? You mean a simple hammer, or a rotating drum with ball bearings, hell I can name many very easy and cheap ways to grind glass to any consistancy you want.

Wear and tear? really? The microwaves are the only thing doing anything. What they are designed to do for years and years.

Hell I have only ever seen 3 microwaves actually die. Most of the time peeps just throw it out and get a new one every few years anyways.

In your estimation, 1 guy in an 8 hour work day could only process 1 bottle? LOL, I guess he has to stand there and watch the microwave run for 8 hours?

No obviously he would get many microwaves worth of glass ready, about 20 minutes of work tops, even if he is using nothing but a hammer, or throwing them at the wall.

Then he would obviously start many microwaves, let them work, and move on to another task, lest say it takes him what, 2 minutes to put the glass in each microwave ( more like 10 seconds, but i am being generous here) he could load 30 an hour, so in 8 hours, he could get around 240 microwaves going.

240 times 112=$26,880 dollars of gold in one day by one guy, lets say you used $10,000 in electric all day( this is total BS BTW, there are giant energy heavy industrial plants that dont use this much) and had to replace every on of the 240 microwaves after each use( which is obviously stupid and not gonna happen either) =$7200.

So we have $7,200 plus $10,000 plus $64 pay for the employee=$17,264

Even at the most expensive estimates possible, as I dramatically increased the production costs here, he still has almost $10,000 a day in profits.

They would go out and find the bottles they would most likely set a dumpster in a neighbor hood for brown glass, and get most of it donated, the rest would be purchased, a next to no cost per bottle, just a couple of cents.

So, the next day he increases his production with the previous days profits.......

If this worked, in less than a week, I could have hundreds of employees, and fill a giant warehouse with little production modules, pumping this stuff out at break neck speeds. In only a month, I could with nothing but the profits after cost, ramp this up to be able to make tons of gold per day easy.

Of course after just the first employee security would have to be purchased, secure holding and transport systems put in place etc, adding to the total cost, but at the price of gold it is worth it. And easily recoverable.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

I love how you guys just respond with this stuff without ever watching the video, then pass it off like you know what you're talking about when it comes to debunking it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
What you should realize is that there are tiny bits of gold in a lot of materials. The problem is, there is no economically profitable way to extract it from trace amounts.

You (and I guess many others) did not READ what this is about and what the theory behind this is : )

It's *not* about extracting amounts of gold from a material.

Their claim is based on an extremely obscure theory that certain elements exist in a "mono-atomic" state and can be "created" by whatever method they use, radiation with a certain frequency.

Search google for "ormus gold" or "ormos monoatomic gold". And while you're at it search google for "ormus", but prepare for an insane amount of pseudo-science.
edit on 6/16/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

It's not just glass, it's also being mixed with other ore. You can't stick a stir rod into those crucibles under fire.

Oh yes you can. I have done it.

Also, if you intend the fill the crucible with as much glass as possible, then it has to be finely ground in order maximize the surface area. The looser the grind, the less glass will fit into the crucible

The person that said they ground it up said it was to increase surface area. Now you are saying it is to compact more into the crucible. BTW you can add more glass to a crucible as it melts down and it would achieve the same affect as packing it to the brim also the mix of sand/grime the add in the grinding process would take up significant room in the crucible as well neagating the premise maximizing space.

Come on guy. If you don't know the answer just say so. Stop with the BS.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Oh yes you can. I have done it.

So you've stuck your hand into a modified commercial microwave oven while it was nuking a glass mixture and manually stirred the mixture?

Also, you can't add more during the process because (if you watched the video) the smelting has to be maintained at a constant temperature for a specific time period. Obviously removing the crucible from the oven or adding more mixture would undermine the constant temperature required.

Just watch the stupid video - please.

edit on 6/16/2014 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Why would you need to stir while it was cooking? Do you not realize that you can turn off a kiln/slash microwave and the molten glass will remain molten for more than enough time to stir it? It will also remain molten for more than enough time to add more glass.

Can you answer why it needs to remain microwaved while stirring? They are not stirring the mixture now while it is microwaving at least not in the video.

To answer the question. I have never stirred anything while it was microwaving but I have worked with molten glass and stirred it in a molten state while adding more glass so that I could fill molds.

So tell me how are you coming up with your reasons? It seems like you are just spitballing to see if something sticks.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

So tell me how are you coming up with your reasons? It seems like you are just spitballing to see if something sticks.

Really? Because that's what I think about your posts.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I believe I explained my reasons and how I came up with them. You on the other hand offer no explanation.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

You obviously don't know how to read correctly, and you obviously didn't watch the movie, so you just made a fool of yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Are you being serious?

It's a scientific fact that the surface area of a material increases when it is subdivided into smaller pieces, and increasing the surface area will increase the rate at which heat is transferred.

That is why a 1 inch cube of ice will melt slower than a 1 inch cube of ice that has been crush into small pieces.

Grinding the glass into a powder will cause it to heat up and melt much faster.

I also stated there are other reasons for grinding the glass down... but it's obvious you wont figure out those other reasons if you don't even know basic science / thermodynamics.
edit on 17-6-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Again... Sir Issac Newton was not a liar.

"I know whereof I write, for I have in the fire manifold glasses with gold and this mercury. They grow in these glasses in the form of a tree, and by continued circulation the trees are dissolved again with the work into a new mercury. I have such a vessel in the fire with gold thus dissolved, but extrinsically and intrinsically into a mercury as living and mobile as any mercury found in the world. For it makes gold begin to swell, to be swollen, and to putrefy, and to spring forth into sprouts and branches, changing colors daily, the appearances of which fascinate me every day. I reckon this is a great secret in Alchemy." - Sir Issac Newton

He was growing gold.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

No, but he wasn't quite the full shilling. Do you credulously accept every claim you hear without evidence? Perhaps you should use alchemy to turn your credulousness into critical thought.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

but it's obvious you wont figure out those other reasons if you don't even know basic science / thermodynamics.

I thought you said that science was total rubbish and that those of us with science she trees were "slaves" being fed rubbish? Now suddenly it suits you to believe it? Keep trying.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join