It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Produced From Ground Up Beer Bottles

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433
The difference is minimal the difference is 1j/gk vs 0.84j/gk the mass of the air trapped is tiny. It would only matter for huge vats of material, for a small little crucible shown, it makes no difference, the total change will be of the order of say 0.85 j/gk compared to 0.84 j/g

I see you understand now. Doesn't matter if it is minimal, what matters is that I was right all along while I was being insulted.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

You're still wrong. If the difference is minimal, the entire process of grinding up the glass is a pointless time consuming exercise.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: faust833

Lucky for me, all of this is really above and beyond any knowledge in my head. (And I don't give money to start ups, because I have none to give.)

I could picture a world where gold is manufactured though. It seems like even if it could be produced by the ton, a demand would still be around for it. I do believe some jobs would be created by the manufacturing process. Even if it was easily produced as a plastic bottle.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Not only is it time consuming to grind but if the purpose was to reduce air bubbles then the point where they drop the seed ore in would create huge air bubbles.

Also, they introduce impurities while grinding unless someone here is claiming that tap water out of a hose isn't impure.

Any guesses on how much more energy it will take to dry the ground up glass out?

Air drying something like that would take a long time. I wonder how much space the water takes up in the slurry of glass. Wouldn't it need to boil creating air bubbles to evaporate out of the kiln. Well I guess one could go real slow with it but that kinda defeats the entire premise be presented by some on why it is ground up. If they are drying it with heat slowly it can't be in the kiln. At least not the one they have.

So to some it up.

Grinding takes longer, introduces impurities, and unless time dried would cause bubbles or require more energy to dry. Oh forgot, they can't be worried about bubbles or they wouldn't be dropping crap in it.

So the only possibility still is that the impurities in the slurry may be an ingredient.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

No I am not wrong. You people whom know nothing about the process, and assume a certain step of the process is pointless, are wrong.

There are many other reasons I have already listed to grind the glass up. It is the combined reasoning that matters.

Using less energy? Check.
Making sure there are less air bubbles? Check.
Uniform-mixture? Check.
Able to more accurately measure the amount of glass used? Check.
Making the process more predictable and controlled? Check!

They are attempting to cause atomic / subatomic interactions. They can't have large and numerous trapped air bubbles in the mixture because the glass and seed ore need to be in contact. More air bubbles means less contact. Pulverizing the glass before melting reduces these air bubbles. They are attempting to make gold from glass, not air. They can't prevent all air bubbles, but they sure can reduce it.

Pulverizing the glass also allows for a more uniform mixture of these differently tinted glasses from different sources. Green glass, brown glass, clear class, all react slightly different to electromagnetic radiation on a molecular scale. Having a nonuniform mixture of these different glasses would make the entire process unpredictable and uncontrolled.

This is not a final process, they are still in the experimental phase. When doing scientific experiments, it is always necessary to have control, and limit / reduce the number of variables that need to be accounted for. This is so you can get predictable, consistent, reliable results.

Throwing chunks of glass in a crucible and hoping they have the right amount is not very controlled. You can weigh the chunky glass or molten glass, but what if its too much or two little? Waste your time trying to remove and replace the right pieces / amount to make it right? How about they just pulverize it, and measure it in a measuring cup and a scale? That is much more accurate and controlled, and allows them to measure and use the EXACT amount of glass every time.

Alchemists are very strict on proportions and ratios too. You need exactly the right amount of glass, exactly the right amount of seed ore, exactly the right amount of heat and energy. If any of that is uncontrollable, or incorrect, the process could be compromised. Scientifically, it makes it impossible to improve the process if you can't precisely control the variables.

edit on 20-6-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
So to some it up.

Please do "some" it up for us. lol

So the only possibility still is that the impurities in the slurry may be an ingredient.

The only possibility huh? Right... Because controlled scientific experiments / processes are not important. And by controlled, I mean repeatable, reliable, accurate, measurable, with reduced amount of variables.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

No I am not wrong. You people whom know nothing about the process, and assume a certain step of the process is pointless, are wrong.

So are you claiming to have insider knowledge?

There are many other reasons I have already listed to grind the glass up. It is the combined reasoning that matters.

Let's review.

Requiring more energy to evaporate the water.

Adding air bubbles by dropping seed ore in and the water boiling out.

Uniform-mixture? Check.

Are they too incompetent to use the same beer bottles. Besides the only difference in that type of glass is the oxides used to color it.

What??? Has measuring quantities by weight completely escaped them. Water also has weight and mass.

By adding water with the impurities from water and if you are correct they are using different colored beer bottles.

There is absolutely nothing controlled about it because they are grinding it down. You are real bad at this.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So are you claiming to have insider knowledge?

Does it matter? No. How can you, someone who knows nothing about the process, claim a certain step is pointless? Do you have some insider knowledge?

Requiring more energy to evaporate the water.

You really don't understand do you... It is still less combined energy! It doesn't matter if evaporating the water requires energy, they still managed to reduce the overall energy required by pulverizing the glass. No matter what energy they require in the rest of the process, they reduced it in one area.

Adding air bubbles by dropping seed ore in and the water boiling out.

Still less bubbles than if it was chunky glass! Again, the combined effort. Plus dropping seed ore in wont always add air bubbles. It will hit the surface of the molten glass, and then slowly sink in. Air would not really get trapped.

Uniform-mixture? Check.

Are they too incompetent to use the same beer bottles. Besides the only difference in that type of glass is the oxides used to color it.

Why waste time sorting beer bottles by color and origin when you can just uniformly mix them? And yes, those oxides cause the glass to react differently compared to each other on a molecular scale. They need to be mixed uniformly.

What??? Has measuring quantities by weight completely escaped them. Water also has weight and mass.

No it has not escaped them, actually, in the real world another problem arose. Say you have a pile of chunky broken glass, and you need 200.75 grams exactly. You put a fair amount of glass on the scale, and it shows up as 201.64 grams. Now you have the problem of figuring out exactly which pieces of glass you should remove, add back in, break apart, etc. to make it exactly 200.75 ounces. Which would consume more time.

If they just pulverize the glass, which is not a difficult process, they can just poor it in a measuring cup and get the volume correct, AND they can put it on a scale. If they need to add or subtract, they can simply remove a few grains of glass, and not have to shuffle and break pieces of glass to get it right. It is also more accurate. What if they need exactly 200.123 grams, no more, and no less. It's called control, and it is very important to the scientific process.

You want to be able to measure the process accurately. No room for a large margin of error. You want to reduce the margin of error as much as you can.

By adding water with the impurities from water and if you are correct they are using different colored beer bottles.

How do you know they are not using filtered / distilled water? How do you know the water is not apart of their control? Yes they are using different beer bottles, that is why they mix it the best they can for a uniform mixture. I'm sure they have used isolated bottles in their tests as well.

There is absolutely nothing controlled about it because they are grinding it down. You are real bad at this.

There is absolutely nothing valid coming from your posts. You are real bad at this.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You can't bake a cake without mixing the ingredients up.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You're putting a whole lot of words into Burger's mouth.

At no point does he say that the grinding is for saving energy, air bubbles, uniformity, measurment or control of the process.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Does it matter? No. How can you, someone who knows nothing about the process, claim a certain step is pointless? Do you have some insider knowledge?

It does matter because you are claiming to have knowledge on the process no one else does. I claim the step is pointless based on the reasons you gave.

You really don't understand do you... It is still less combined energy! It doesn't matter if evaporating the water requires energy, they still managed to reduce the overall energy required by pulverizing the glass. No matter what energy they require in the rest of the process, they reduced it in one area.

Again this is why it matters if you have insider knowledge because your claim of less energy is not based off of anything provided in the link.

Still less bubbles than if it was chunky glass! Again, the combined effort. Plus dropping seed ore in wont always add air bubbles. It will hit the surface of the molten glass, and then slowly sink in. Air would not really get trapped.

And what are you basing that assumption off of? Again that is your claim. How do you know it would create fewer bubbles because your claim goes against common sense and my practical experience.

Why waste time sorting beer bottles by color and origin when you can just uniformly mix them? And yes, those oxides cause the glass to react differently compared to each other on a molecular scale. They need to be mixed uniformly.

Because you claimed they were trying to make it predictable and controllable. Adding unknown amounts of different colored glass and unknown amounts of impure water is the opposite of controlled.

No it has not escaped them, actually, in the real world another problem arose. Say you have a pile of chunky broken glass, and you need 200.75 grams exactly. You put a fair amount of glass on the scale, and it shows up as 201.64 grams. Now you have the problem of figuring out exactly which pieces of glass you should remove, add back in, break apart, etc. to make it exactly 200.75 ounces. Which would consume more time.

If they just pulverize the glass, which is not a difficult process, they can just poor it in a measuring cup and get the volume correct, AND they can put it on a scale. If they need to add or subtract, they can simply remove a few grains of glass, and not have to shuffle and break pieces of glass to get it right. It is also more accurate. What if they need exactly 200.123 grams, no more, and no less. It's called control, and it is very important to the scientific process.

You want to be able to measure the process accurately. No room for a large margin of error. You want to reduce the margin of error as much as you can.

Same problem. Uknown amount of colored glass and an unknown amount of impure water. You are really not understanding that once it is pulverised there is no way to know how much of each color is in the powder. If you need a few grains off a dremel works good. Are you really going to keep this farce up that what they are doing makes any sense?

How do you know they are not using filtered / distilled water? How do you know the water is not apart of their control? Yes they are using different beer bottles, that is why they mix it the best they can for a uniform mixture. I'm sure they have used isolated bottles in their tests as well.

Did you even watch the video. Dirty buckets in fact there was dirty everything. Same question to you how do you know if they are using filtered water in that green garden hose? You have made a lot of knowledge claims so far.

I hope you can now understand why it does matter if you have inside knowledge because you are acting like you do.

There is absolutely nothing valid coming from your posts. You are real bad at this.

Haha. Keep telling yourself that.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
You're putting a whole lot of words into Burger's mouth.

At no point does he say that the grinding is for saving energy, air bubbles, uniformity, measurment or control of the process.

At no point did I claim Burger said any of that. Are you new here?

Grimpachi is claiming the process of grinding the glass is pointless, when he/she doesn't even fully understand the process.

Have any of you ever did a complete oil and oil filter change on a 2011 Yamaha YZF-R1? Probably not. That means you probably don't know the reason for removing the gear shift lever linkage. Does that give you the right to claim that removing the gear shift lever linkage is a pointless step in the process? How can you sit there and claim the process is pointless when you don't understand the process?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It does matter because you are claiming to have knowledge on the process no one else does. I claim the step is pointless based on the reasons you gave.

You claimed the process was pointless before I even gave you several reasons why it is necessary and beneficial. So no, you didn't claim the step is pointless based on my reasons originally, you based it on your own reasoning which was based on lack of knowledge of the process.

Now you are just trying to stick to your original statements, and debunk solid logic and reasoning with silly nonsense.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
At no point did I claim Burger said any of that. Are you new here?

So why claim that these are the reasons if you don't know?

Burger is claiming the process of grinding the glass is pointless, when he/she doesn't even fully understand the process.

Burger is the guy in the video and he isn't saying that it is pointless or necessary.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Sorry small mistake in my post. Reread my last reply to you.

I am naming several reasons why it would be necessary and beneficial to grind the glass. I am not claiming Burger is specifically doing the step for any of the reasons I state. Nor would Burger be required to state these reasons for someone to postulate the reasons. It would however be completely ignorant to blindly claim the process is not necessary when you don't know the process.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

No I started out asking why they grinded it because it looked pointless or counter intuitive.

That is called a question.

One poster gave a plausible explanation which I acknowledged however that poster was not you.

Before making anymore claims you need to go back and check the thread.

BTW you just claimed that Burger doesn't understand his process and that grinding is pointless. Now that I believe. lol

Burger is claiming the process of grinding the glass is pointless, when he/she doesn't even fully understand the process. www.abovetopsecret.com...

lol

Back to the point. You have claimed a whole lot of things about their process like knowing they are using different beer bottles and we all know that wasn't in the link or on the video. So the question is how do you know all the insider information you claim to have?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

No I started out asking why they grinded it because it looked pointless or counter intuitive.

How can something that you know nothing about look pointless or counter intuitive?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It would however be completely ignorant to blindly claim the process is not necessary when you don't know the process.

Or that it is necessary when you're in the same spot.

It is also ignorant to think that someone who can get 1,600 times more gold from a ton of material, compared to someone working a mine, can't turn a profit.

edit on 20-6-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

How can something that you know nothing about look pointless or counter intuitive?

If I knew nothing about glass, the properties and process of melting it then I wouldn't be saying anything however I do know about glass the properties, types, oxides used to color it, and melting points. So that is quite a bit more than knowing nothing.

Again you keep making knowledge claims about his process. How?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18037433]WeAre0ne

If you only knew who you were talking too...

Maybe it is time you tell us.....

I have been quietly reading along and watching you battle attack on all sides. Perhaps you could clear some of this up by clearly telling us who you are.

I am beginning to wonder if you are affiliated with the process in some way.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join