It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Handles Iraq Crisis By Golfing In Palm Springs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I can only write from my Canadian perspective, lest I overstep my boundary/border.
I do not vote, and have not done so for years once I discovered that no matter which "side" wins, the agenda is the same. For voting to make a difference, there would have to be no such thing as bottomless pocketbooks of corporate lobbyists involved in the political arena.

I figure that with this being Father's Day weekend and all, I suppose Mr. Obama deserves to celebrate that just as much as any other Father - no matter how many vacations he takes otherwise...and to be fair, I expect that his vacations also factor in work requirements and therefore are not the downtime or relaxation we might assume.

Watching the US though, I do not understand why troops are in Iraq and other countries, when the conflicts are not their own. It is a fruitless effort to attempt to effect change in a country run with different ideals altogether. Especially when it would make better sense to do more for their own countrymen.

I will however, suppose that there are greater reasons as to why the US continues to police other countries...and we are not privy to the true agendas, as much as we can suppose otherwise. The media certainly isn't going to report the facts, at any rate.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

I'm living within the country itself and what I think it may be that drives my country to police outside, at least in portion, is the fact that we are a super power. We have the largest military in the world and some of the greatest weaponry. That would create hesitancy to step on our toes and makes us the ideal country to intervene as it lowers the risk of retaliation. The problem with it is that war is never clean. No matter how good a general may be, every individual involved may behave in ways that are so outside the accepted and authorized. We risk so much when we police because we risk being demonized for the actions of a few as in the case of Abu Ghraib.

There are those in this world who fight dirty and are willing to do things that we, as a majority, find to be totally unconscionable and repugnant. It scares me to no end that these sorts have turned their eyes upon my country and I can only hope that our intelligence agencies are able to maintain an ever watchful eye on our borders from ISIS. I'm not a fan of surveillance but this risk that we've gained practically mandates it.

I actually don't find any fault in Obama going golfing because I get it. When I'm confronted with a tremendous problem fraught with peril that threatens to be overwhelming, I take a step back. I go into my yard and do some yardwork or just hang out on the lawn and soak in nature. It helps restore a calm to the mind. I hope he comes up with a good plan on how to confront this because it needs to be smart. I want my country and my fellow countrymen to be safe from harm.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

We rarely agree...

On this one though, I think you're correct.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
He could pull out his smartphone and destroy ISIS with the a single touch, so in the mean time he's working on his stats on the back 9, guess he thinks he's tiger woods.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join