It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Handles Iraq Crisis By Golfing In Palm Springs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So, with Iraq being taken over by terrorists as we speak...what is our fearless leader, Barack Obama, doing immediately after his speech today?
Situation room? Emergency session with congress?....???

No, He, Michelle and the girls are flying out for another fundraiser and vacation golf trip to Palm Springs. FUN-FUN-FUN!

Take THAT, ISIS!

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama should land at Palm Springs International Airport at about 6 p.m. Friday, straight from a visit to the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota.

At approximately 8:30 a.m. Saturday, they’ll jump over to Laguna Beach for a Democratic National Committee fundraiser, followed by the commencement address to UC Irvine’s Class of 2014 at Angel Stadium, which wraps up at 1 p.m.

Work work work. When does Obama ever find the time to pump iron?

That puts the Obamas back in the desert at about 2 p.m. Saturday. They will stay for Father’s Day, before flying home to Washington, D.C., mid-morning on Monday. It’s unclear if their daughters, Malia and Sasha, will tag along.

What is Obama’s plan here in the Coachella Valley? Presumably a short vacation, and likely a round of golf or two – though the details remain fuzzy.

It’s the president’s third desert visit since June, 2013, though the first time accompanied by his wife…

sweetness-light.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yeah because according to him ?

'Climate change' is the greatest threat we face.

That and the 'world is less violent' today than ever before.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
obama is presenting a rather nonchalant attitude towards the state of world affairs because:

A)He is trying to present an air of calm in order to avoid mass panic, and it's much worse than imagined, or:
B)He already has the game plan on how things will play out, and has no concerns about it whatsoever.

As long as people are overwhelmed with one tragic event or injustice after the other, day after day, mass confusion ensues and focusing on any one injustice-demanding a correction- becomes impossible.
Divide and conquer has always been a very efficient tool, and it seems to be working very well in our present day.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What is the expectation of what the President should do in this situation? How many people were critical of the United States involvement in Iraq in the first place? For those of you that were, are you saying that we should be doing something now?

Also what can he do in this situation? Sit in the oval office and make snap decisions and try and accomplish everything at once? The OP says Iraq is being taken over by terrorists as we speak, but these same factions have been 'taking over Iraq' for how long now, and there was no uproar over what the President of the United States was doing about Iraq then.

Also that quoted article reads like satire, am I supposed to think that is a professional piece of journalism?
edit on 13-6-2014 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

Wow.. we're back to "But but but!! What did you say during Bush??" Really??

Okay... George Bush is a FORMER President. Has been for almost 6 full years now. Barack Obama is the CURRENT President. That means it doesn't matter for a hill of beans or the price of tea in China what someone thought, did, would do or MIGHT have thought 7 or 8 or 14 years ago. People change. People learn and people evolve their thinking process.

George Bush *WAS* slammed hard and early on for the appearance of recreation while young men fought and died on a distant battlefield. He WAS called to task on it and he DID adjust his personal routine to be a little less 'in our faces' about the fact he was special and we most definitely are not.

Now Obama can own HIS accomplishments (and there are some) as well as his screw-ups and plain failures by his own leadership limitations or inability to choose the right people to delegate things to. Either way, the buck stops in * O N E * place and that place doesn't have Bush on the mailbox anymore..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

We already destroyed that country enough.

Lets be honest, in all likelihood, the US is funding this latest "insurgency", considering the fact that we've funded every other radical group over the past few years from Al-CIAeda in Libya and Syria to the Moslem Brotherhood in Egypt. This would allow the West to re-establish a hold on the country or it could be used as an excuse to re-occupy.

And lets not act as though we've left. We have an "embassy" larger than the Vatican which houses 15,000. Not to mention the 20 or so MEGA bases.

edit on 13-6-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Listen as much as I disagree with his politics...they are entitled to some rec time like anyone else...that's a 24-7 job regardless how effective or ineffective you believe someone to be...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Perhaps we can entertain the idea we didn't create every enemy we fight...when they've taken that embassy and destroyed it as a symbol of the hate they have toward us?

There is no way on this Earth ISIS/ISIL takes Baghdad..IF they take the Capital..and leaves THAT city within a city to stand alone. I can't see it, even as a self enlightened interests thing. These terrorists hate us far too much.

I just hope we have every last warm body out of that death trap before it falls to the bad guys. Whoever isn't, probably won't get that whole hostage thing the people in 1979 got. This isn't Shia this time. These are the head choppers.
edit on 6/13/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am glad he is not doing anything. I'm with Obama on this one.

We can't fight these people's ridiculous Religious wars.

I really don't want to get involved with people that hate us.

We tried. Our men fought hard. We are tired of being the worlds SWAT Team.

Besides, I figure there is going to be a big war soon. Time to sit one out.
edit on 13-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

If history is any kind of a teacher, in all likelihood, the US is funding this latest "insurgency".

And lets not act as though we've left. We have an "embassy" which houses 4,000. Not to mention the 20 or s0 MEGA bases.

Great information on our embassy. Thanks.
Looks like our embassy officials are gonna be safe from those nasty terrorists under Obama's watch. You've put my mind at ease.
edit on 13-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Let's look at it this way. How long were we, as a country, in Iraq? Eight plus years? Were things under control when we left? Nope. Would it have likely to have been under any further control had we stayed within it? Unlikely. Why? Because it was an occupied country.

For the record, the moment we stepped into Iraq, we guaranteed this outcome and I've held that position since 2002. My reasoning is this. We were already unpopular in the Middle East and when we opted to invade Iraq, it would only further political animosity. Additionally, our "shock and awe" by its magnitude and the high degree of collateral damage almost assured that we would, in fact, take those who may have been on the fence in regards to the US and radicalize them. We should've seen ISIS coming.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I agree with you at this point. We have no choice. Just...none. It literally breaks my heart and I AM heartsick at what we're watching here. They aren't just forms on a news broadcast, for the innocents left in occupied areas. They are real human beings now 'paying for their sins' against Allah in ways that would make a Nazi double over and puke.

Still.. We can't do anything. We just..can't. It'd take MORE troops in round #2 than it did in Round #1, as THIS enemy wouldn't drop weapons and run like hell, as the Iraqi army did in 2003. So, we'd need a 4 or 5 to one superiority just to establish base control nation wide again, IMO. JUST to get control back.....

Then, given history? We'd need to become what we most hate to even have a hope. We'd have to become the iron fist of a strongman that area of the world seems to require to function well. To each their own...and to their own devices we should leave them.

Emphasis on leave.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice
Obama's top Generals DID see ISIS coming...He just chose to ignore them.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Bush Vacations While Soldiers Die

by Bill Gallagher

The worst commander in chief in American history is relaxing, escaping from reality, and enjoying his five-week vacation down on the ranch. Maybe he should spend a little time reviewing his war plan for prevailing in Iraq, thinking of a way to end the carnage and get U.S. troops home safely.
Such a review is clearly in order, but don't count on this commander in chief questioning his own judgments and actually considering the possibility that he's made horrible mistakes and miscalculations.

www.commondreams.org...

August 9th, 2005.

Oh the irony!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I say let him do the fundraiser and pitter around on the greens. This is one mess we need to stay out of. We can't put our fingers in anything without destroying it. Do we really need to go back and make it even worse than we already have? We're gasoline, and as such, we need to stay away from the fire rather then fuel it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

We did ?

We build roads, and bridges, and schools, and hospitals, and other 'infrastructure' there.

Seems to me We should at the very least protect that 'investment'

Right?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
He is doing what he does best, recreation.

Assign him the task of raising 1 trillion dollars to replace what was spent on what will most likely be a losing cause.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: WhiteAlice
Obama's top Generals DID see ISIS coming...He just chose to ignore them.

No, this isn't actually on Obama's feet. It's on Bush's in the moment he chose to invade Iraq. That was when we created the inevitability that created ISIS.

People do not become terrorists because they chose to. People tend to become terrorists because some event within their lives radicalized them. Losing a child, family member, one's home--those things risk radicalization of an individual, particularly in an environment where attitudes towards the target country are already negative.

The War on Terror concept should've been engaged in a far more surgical and strategic manner than it was. As it was, it created a hydra effect in that every head lopped off created two more in its place.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

There is no way on this Earth ISIS/ISIL takes Baghdad..IF they take the Capital..and leaves THAT city within a city to stand alone. I can't see it, even as a self enlightened interests thing. These terrorists hate us far too much. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can.

Hell they didn't fight Saddam.

They didn't fight US for all but 2 seconds.

Took the country in a matter of weeks.

The war there for the last decade was fought by foreign fighters, and other ME countries arming, and funding them.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: youdidntseeme

Wow.. we're back to "But but but!! What did you say during Bush??" Really??

Not at all, in fact I purposely left the name and party difference out of the post to avoid exactly this sentiment.

George Bush *WAS* slammed hard and early on for the appearance of recreation while young men fought and died on a distant battlefield. He WAS called to task on it and he DID adjust his personal routine to be a little less 'in our faces' about the fact he was special and we most definitely are not.

Do not disagree

Now Obama can own HIS accomplishments (and there are some) as well as his screw-ups and plain failures by his own leadership limitations or inability to choose the right people to delegate things to. Either way, the buck stops in * O N E * place and that place doesn't have Bush on the mailbox anymore..

Again do not disagree. I am not saying that it is different because its Obama or Bush or you or I in office. Be it an R or a D or an I. All I am saying is that its a little unfair to jump to conclusions and start placing blame on people, especially the President for not ceasing to live life because of a situation like we have here.

Much Respect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join