It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive 'Ocean' three times the volume of all of Earth's Oceans discovered in the Earth's Mantle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

A reservoir of water three times the volume of all the oceans has been discovered deep beneath the Earth's surface. The finding could help explain where Earth's seas came from. The water is hidden inside a blue rock called ringwoodite that lies 700 kilometres underground in the mantle, the layer of hot rock between Earth's surface and its core. The huge size of the reservoir throws new light on the origin of Earth's water. Some geologists think water arrived in comets as they struck the planet, but the new discovery supports an alternative idea that the oceans gradually oozed out of the interior of the early Earth. "It's good evidence the Earth's water came from within," says Steven Jacobsen of Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. The hidden water could also act as a buffer for the oceans on the surface, explaining why they have stayed the same size for millions of years.

www.newscientist.com... OC|NSNS|2013-GLOBAL-hoot#.U5sk67Hig_y
Seems like there is a case that all the water on the earth came from this reservoir. Potentially changes how we look at the earths mantle.

More Sources-
time.com...
rt.com...
www.theweathernetwork.com...
Watch Video of the researchers-
bcove.me...

edit on 13-6-2014 by an0nThinker because: corrected core to mantle

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
here's the first thread about it just in case you haven't seen it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

Oops sorry. Completely missed that. Please close thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: an0nThinker

Technically it's not in "the core", but rather the mantle.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well I don't believe the core of earth is molten lead either. Also, the sun and earth and all planets are interconnected. The sun has all elements just around the corona and all the makings for water.

I believe the Sun creates all the elements in the solar sytem which is why dirty comets were found to be clean and give off xrays like capacitors.

The heat of the sun's corona is the result of the cavitation/cold fusion/release of energy that occurs via its transmutation of elements using friction, HZ/sound, etc. But the sun isn't hot inside IMO and earth probably isn't either. More stargates.

Water is streamed to planet earth via the sun through the core. Stars shoot jets of water off ocassionally as was picked up by NASA.
edit on 13-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
Edited to mantle. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
The heat of the sun's corona is the result of the cavitation/cold fusion/release of energy that occurs via its transmutation of elements using friction, HZ/sound, etc. But the sun isn't hot inside IMO and earth probably isn't either. More stargates.

"IMO"? Stargates? Your opinion trumps science?

Sorry, I simply must facepalm this.

I am waiting for someone to post the various ancient references of subterranean water and oceans coming from them. This discovery certainly leads some credence to those.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: an0nThinker
a reply to: ladyteeny

Oops sorry. Completely missed that. Please close thread.

no no, it's allowed to be in one other forum... but in my case i like to see all available info, so if it's been posted elsewhere i want to go and read those replies too

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Science only has theories and my opinion is actually shared by EU universe and Keeley, Telsa, Walter Russel and coordinates and agrees macro/micro and the same processes can be seen in the pistol shrimp and the star in the jar study which duplicated what the pistol shrimp does.

So, yes I do.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Where do I buy some of this supposed Ringwoodite -_-

a reply to: an0nThinker

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
As long as the water stay down I have no problem with it. Why does this water make me think of the story of Noah.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I usually take science threads seriously to the fullest degree, but I want to make a humorous comment on this one regarding the possibility of that secret ocean being Atlantis.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

Only need to drill 700 km. The most we have ever is about 12km.
edit on 13-6-2014 by an0nThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This shows how little we know about our own planet.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
so that's where all the water came from in that movie Noah

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Wow, the fountains of the deep.

Suddenly I feel like I should by a boat.......................hnnnnnnnn

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

Exactly. Any moment now and we'll have some creationist in here telling us it's water from the Flood.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Is this where the ET's come from?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Does anyone know if its actually an ocean that could be explored or is it just hundreds of kilometres of wet soggy, rock?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilky
its still solid rock. most rock/minerals have a water content if it has hydrogen atoms water can bond to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join