It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New possible Radar weapon by Russia or CHina?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I was thinking. I was looking at another thread about a new occurrence of missing planes like that of the Malaysian flight. This time over Europe. Its just seems artificial to me.

What if the malaysian airline craft that was lost and the recent radar blackout of over a dozen flights over Europe was just testing for a new weapon capable of blacking out ALL radars.

Here is a thread on the new radar blackouts.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If they are related and are artificial happenings I would wonder what exactly would be producing them? What could possibly do such a thing? A more powerful radar matching the signal sent out and inundating the receiver end with false signals bouncing back from all directions, from space perhaps?

I think that stealth is not a capability for Russia or China yet. Not to the degree of the US.They wouldn't have a response to US stealth tech and that wouldn't just stay as is in their minds. They would be searching like crazy to either nullify our advantage or at least replicate it. The next best thing is hiding ALL aircraft in the air, stealth or not.

SO what do you guys think?

Any radar operators, former or otherwise that can comment and shed some light on this?

Could a fake signal be sent back to imitate a radar signal bouncing back off an aircraft but in all directions, in essence blacking out the radar?

Would it be space based?

edit on 6 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think we can pretty much give a false radar signal of whatever we want with our technology these days.

We can make it look like a flock of birds is flying at them if we want, or 100 B-2's.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What if someone wanted to make it look like a Ballistic missile was headed for .say DC . If it's possible to simulate such false scenarios ,how could or would either side respond ? scary stuff a reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Didn't the Vulcan bomber have a system that could make it look like there were either more than one aircraft, or the aircraft was in a different place on Radar? Seem to remember this being mentioned when they were interviewing the crew that took part in the raid during the Falklands war in a small documentary they did?
edit on 13-6-2014 by solidshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It wouldn't be a weapon it would be an electronic warfare kit built into the plane itself.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Radar blackout is not what Electronic warfare (EW) systems do...
Radar is just a radio wave sent out, then reflected off a target right...

EW cannot hide or absorb a radio wave instead it floods the air with stronger radio waves so that a radar sees nothing but a white screen....

where as radar black out is not getting a return on your signal...
diff critter altogether... Stranger too in that we no of nothing that can just suck up radio waves--- other than a singularity. (Black Hole)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

From what I understand there are several systems capable of getting in and blocking returns from the screen, and putting false returns up. At least one may have been shelved for being too good.

That's the rumor I heard anyway.
edit on 6/13/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm no expert but---
Stealth planes have this ceramic coating on their skins that can absorb some radio waves...not all but combined with aircraft profiles reflecting that radar signal away from... the radar see's them as being a tiny object like a bird...

BTW on the flip side they made this slab sided drone designed to make itself look like a big aircraft to radar.

There special built that way... an airbus however looks like a fright train on radar.

and I too have read about using magnets to make a radar signal more around an object... but those systems are limited to a single craft/target and physically have to be up there to do their thing.

A real wide spread radar black out is a huge mystery because it's not suppose to be possible... not saying someone hasn't done it--- just saying it breaks a lot of laws of physics if they have...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Stealth only means you get detected much closer to the radar than non-stealth. You still need some kind of EW system. And the last thing you want while flying a stealth is some "blot out the world" jamming system.

Brute force jammers can be triangulated to some degree. Using that system with a stealth would be like lighting a neon sign overhead saying "Here I am!"

ATC radar, with the exception of TCA radar is almost all secondary radar. That means there is no signal to block. There is no radar return, like with a primary radar. It's all done through radio signals and transponders.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They made that mistake in Gulf war 1. Sadam knew that the B117 was coming when they detected the radar jamming, nit by detecting the plane itself

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
What if someone wanted to make it look like a Ballistic missile was headed for .say DC . If it's possible to simulate such false scenarios ,how could or would either side respond ? scary stuff a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's much more difficult. A ICBM attack would be tracked from numerous very remote Arctic radar stations. Somebody would have to be flying a number of aircraft within relatively short range of those radars.

And strategically, what's the point? Just to piss somebody off?

The radar outage (not sure if it was primary returns or transponders) I bet was just a SNAFU (look it up) from some airman in an ECM exercise.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: templar knight
They made that mistake in Gulf war 1. Sadam knew that the B117 was coming when they detected the radar jamming, nit by detecting the plane itself

But so what?

What information did that add for Saddam beyond listening to Wolf Blitzer?

BTW, recent events in Iraq have made me quite a bit more impressed by Saddam's underestimated management skills.
edit on 13-6-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: templar knight

It didn't help Saddam's cause much either.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well, I guess it would be the signal to get into the bunker (if it would even help)!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Or they could have just tracked the tankers moving into country. Lol

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

No... We cant.

new topics

top topics

join