It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan B ---Youthful solutions to the European crises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Plan B ---Youthful solutions to the European crises is a special news story from Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany’s international broadcaster.
who for whatever reason is broadcast over the air locally here in rural SW Colorado?
Go Fig???

Anyway in this story they follow a number or young people from Greece, Italy, Spain, Ireland and Portugal.
Countries whose economies are lagging, esp in Spain... Rather then wait for their respective government to fix things, these young people are defining themselves with bold new ideas .

They wanted to film a cyclist on the go, and for that they needed a tandem bike. It was organized by a baker from the Mercado de San Fernando, another filming location, for no fee. The only condition attached to the deal was that they deliver baguettes on their way to the bike shop. They were quite willing, not least given that Plan B from Spain is all about community.

a simple return to the barter system, you do me a solid and I do you one.
Check out this story from Ireland where they started a Favor exchange

Or this Portuguese project Growning Stronger

The founders of Biovilla would like to see Portugal become less dependent on imports. They believe in self-sufficiency, and want to plant their own food and be responsible for their own electricity and water supplies.

Their work is based on the principles of permaculture, which is sustainable agriculture that makes careful use of natural resources, and practices fair distribution while remaining economically viable.

Yeah it is a series of feel good stories--- but it's also about people who over come the limitations of being born into a poor economy and rather than just bend over and take--- these guys did something to improve their lives, on their own!

Who knows--- Maybe 'Plan B' will become the defining phrase for this next generation? And maybe falling back on Plan B is a good thing after all?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm starting to live only on my plan B, the system is falling appart, we young adults need to be creative, so we can survive and have our own lifes. So plan B ensures, that at least 30% of what i eat is produced by me, for that the state also cooperates, we have comunity farms in cities, so if you dont have a piece of land of your own, the city hall gives you that space. Right now i also have a beefarm (in my land), and i sell a lot of products that come from the bees, not just honey. Until very recently i also had a 9 to 5 job, but what i had to pay in taxes is so high,and lefted me with no time, that i win more money by staying at home, i also do clothe in traditional ways, so i just quited my job. I have more time for my farm,for my bees, and still make money to pay things i cannot produce yet, like energies, also stoped using car, only for large trips or to go to the market, otherwise bicycle is my transport. We have to have the "B plan" because right now we cannot wait for the goverment to keep promises of a better economy on the horizon, we have to produce, be creative and earth friendly, thats the only way for most of us.
edit on 9803130x0000001505pm630 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

join