It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just ran up 7 floors through the stairs like nothing happened and I'm not even athletic!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I rarely exercised, and basically, I just sit most of the time, at work on weekdays and on my bed at weekends.

But today, I ran up 7 floors in my compound. I wasn't even running from or running to catch something so no adrenaline involved. I wasn't even gasping for air, I don't even feel hot, my heart did not seemed to have changed, my legs feel like I could up another 7 floors no problem... ...Last time I ran up the 7 floors, I felt like fainting and I was begging for air and my legs ached!

I haven't eaten anything for the past 4 hours either and my last meal is a light 2 bread and a bowl of noodles.

What just happened??? I do remember myself, my mind, drifting to some thoughts and I feel like being on "autopilot". I couldn't recall what was I thinking at that time.

This is not the first time it happened to me... ...but today was the most dramatic result that it is simply beyond doubt happening to me.

It got me into thinking.... If I could place my mind in such state all the time, I could theoretically, never get tired, regardless of what physical activity I'm doing. Like I said, I'm not athletic. From almost collapsing and gasping to air to like nothing happened, it is just impossible, I have not heard of it in any workout regime.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
My experience somewhat reminded me of the film Matrix. When Morpheus said "am I strong because of my muscles?" "is it air your breathing?" Something like that.

Because I was breathing like I wasn't doing anything physically demanding, my legs like it's not lifting any weight, and my mind is doing something else. Yet, I'm running up the stairs pretty fast! My mind is most definitely involved in this unusual anomaly. This is just biologically impossible.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You've experienced a typical adrenaline rush.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ahnggk
I rarely exercised, and basically, I just sit most of the time, at work on weekdays and on my bed at weekends.

But today, I ran up 7 floors in my compound. I wasn't even running from or running to catch something so no adrenaline involved. I wasn't even gasping for air, I don't even feel hot, my heart did not seemed to have changed, my legs feel like I could up another 7 floors no problem... ...Last time I ran up the 7 floors, I felt like fainting and I was begging for air and my legs ached!

I haven't eaten anything for the past 4 hours either and my last meal is a light 2 bread and a bowl of noodles.

Sound like you got a bit of carbo-loading. The temperature and humidity were probably just right for your body. And maybe your blood was hyperoxygenated for some reason as well.

Or maybe you got bit by a radioactive spider!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ahnggk

You need to get in touch with the folks at Marvel Comics, pronto!
They are always in the market (so it would seem) for another super hero.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Are you sure you didn't die?

Lots of people run this way. That's why you see people miss turns when they're the front runner in a race.

I somehow doubt you could keep up such an activity for a prolonged period without becoming fatigued.

I am curious though ... are/were you a faster runner than most of your peers? I used to run competitively and there were guys I could 'never' beat. For them it seemed so natural whereas I really had to work at it. The distance separation was always remarkable from one group to the next.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Run Forrest, Run!

Don't stop, do it again tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Since you don't do this normally, what made you decide to run up the stairs?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I just ate 3 cookies and a banana with no effort whatsoever!

I must be possessed! STAR AND FLAG MY MEDIOCRITY!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Seems like you've acquired superpowers to go with your skill of premonition. Soon you shall rule the world

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I am curious though ... are/were you a faster runner than most of your peers? I used to run competitively and there were guys I could 'never' beat. For them it seemed so natural whereas I really had to work at it. The distance separation was always remarkable from one group to the next.

I'm one of the slowest runners among my cousins, last time we run like **** along the beach....

They are quite active with sports and play basketball and do time at the gym... ...As for me, I don't do sports, nor workout at the gym.

It really has to do with performing intense imagination which sends me into autopilot mode and lose track of time and everything becomes effortless.

I remember what Einstein said about a joke regarding the Theory of Relativity - sitting beside a pretty lady for one hour feels like an instant while waiting for 1 minute feels like forever, unless you're sitting beside a pretty lady.

Maybe it's not just an illusion but has a real effect upon reality. Our mind and/or body could be capable of warping space time in the cellular scales such as that the secondary effects are not visible.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Mild dissociation and adrenaline. Pretty clear. Something in your subconscious triggered a danger warning. You conscious mind didn't pick up on it. Your subconscious was in control. Hence the "autopilot."

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackDog

Seems like you've acquired superpowers to go with your skill of premonition. Soon you shall rule the world

Have you been following my other thread?

I'll see if I can reliably duplicate this experiment.

It would take great mental discipline to actually pull it off reliably if I have correctly pinpointed the source of the anomaly as the mind.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

3... 2.. 1. RUN

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Mild dissociation and adrenaline. Pretty clear. Something in your subconscious triggered a danger warning. You conscious mind didn't pick up on it. Your subconscious was in control. Hence the "autopilot."

I think the body responds to adrenaline by increased heart and respiration rate in addition to increased strength and stamina.

But my heart rate and respiration was the same after I ran those 7 floors up the stairs. Honestly, I couldn't even feel my heart beat, which I usually do after a physically demanding activity or even just by feeling angry or nervous.

I felt like I did not do anything at all so I found it very strange, otherwise, I wouldn't have posted here in paranormal thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

3... 2.. 1. RUN

This could be related but I wasn't actually convincing myself not to tire. I'm pretty sure I wasn't thinking of running at that time, I was thinking of something else.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Since you don't do this normally, what made you decide to run up the stairs?

Long line at the elevator

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I heard a long time ago that people who had the spleen removed could run a long time without getting out of breath. Well obviously it's not your case, unless you lost it overnight ! Also, there's an expression in french, "to run like a spleenless" meaning running abnormally fast. Well I took a look on Wikipedia and it appears that under some specific circumstances, the splenectomy (surgical removing of the spleen) may indeed induce a heightened sports capacity from the subject, but at the same time he also faces severe medical trouble.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

when your hypnotized it comes from the subconscious, for example you wouldn't be thinking of running... you would be dazed as you described above etc...

I was thinking of something else.

That something else may have been a "key" to your subconscious to run...

Maybe you had a run-in with an MKultra agent...

edit on 13-6-2014 by imitator because: tired

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

edit on 13-6-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join