It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullet Proof Blankets selling out in schools: sales shater expectations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I posted this a couple days ago but that thread got no attention so I will just post my thought here.

If it has come to the point where we need to send our kids to school in in what amounts to bullet proof vests then we should not be sending the there at all.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Someone is cashing-in.

Those things aren't worth a damn.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Those things are ridiculous. I was thinking something more Sparta'esque. Ridiculous! The impact alone from a 223 or larger will shatter spines. It's like hiding under your desk during a nuke attack.
edit on 13-6-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: Bombs

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlastedCaddy

That's because they are made to protect against debris from tornados, the article and the op like to turn things into a gun grabbing debate.

Here is another article.
abcnews.go.com...

edit on 13-6-2014 by thesaneone because: To add

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: muse7

Yep. The problem is some people who own guns aren't being responsible gun owners. Instead of keeping trigger locks on their weapons, and keeping them locked in a gun safe, somehow their kids have access to their guns. The parents should be charged with the crime. The day that bullet proof blankets become a hot commodity then it tells you the state of that neighborhood. I bet not one of those blankets were sold outside of liberal-controlled inner cities who have serious gun control laws. amirite?

Actually, that's not entirely true. In the most recent high school shooting, the police statement was this on the subject of the weapon used by the shooter:

The shooter obtained the weapons from his family home. The weapons had been secured, but he defeated the security measures.

Clearly the gun used was actually locked away by the father of the shooter. However, there was no word on how they were secured. Not all security measures are created equal. A gun safe trumps a gun cabinet with a padlock on it and so on. If the gun was secured by the parent, should they still be liable for their child's actions?
www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Yes, sigh, indeed.

Doesn't look to me like they had an adequate safe. I bet they won't drill my safe out and get in it or anyone else that I know. If you are gonna own weapons then be responsible and keep them in a secure place. It's simple, really. It really is. You wouldn't keep your money, gold, silver, diamonds, etc. in a beer can, would you? The discussion should be about the safe-keeping of guns, if you own them, NOT about taking guns from people or creating idiotic laws that is designed to harass legal, responsible gun owners and making bullet-proof blamkies is just part of the 'scare tactics' program. It's hype, like: "see!! Guns are so bad that our children need bullet-proof blankets!!!!".

Everyone I know owns a gun and would have no need to own a blanket like this. If I, or anyone else with a brain, hear gun shots close to my home, I find out who it is and exactly where it is. It isn't normal to have a bullet prood blanket and it should never be accepted as anything other than a scare tactic novelty item. If it's that bad where you live then somethings wrong.

edit on 13-6-2014 by Fylgje because: forgot something

edit on 13-6-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

What kind of safe are you running?

I buy storage units and I haven't been able to find one I couldn't defeat. I've had to use a concrete saw a couple of times but nothing that took more than a few DETERMINED attempts.

I was a determined kid as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Never let a crisis got to waste. Exploit a tragedy and capitalize on fear and ignorance.

I should cash in on child lightning strike protectors since the odds of being killed in a mass shooting is about the same as being struck by lightning.

The odds of the product ever actually being tested in a real life scenario are so slim that no one would probably ever discover it is a scam product.

The chances of being killed in a mass shooting are about what they are for being struck by lightning.

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
a reply to: Fylgje

What kind of safe are you running?

I buy storage units and I haven't been able to find one I couldn't defeat. I've had to use a concrete saw a couple of times but nothing that took more than a few DETERMINED attempts.

I was a determined kid as well.

I have two gun safes and a gun cabinet but my fav is the Winchester Ranger Deluxe. I'd like to see some determined kid get in it. By the time a robber carried in the equipment necessary to open it, they would be dead. In safes, you get what you pay for. Add trigger locks and it adds a degree of difficulty. I'm not worried about my weapons and ammo. If you are going to own guns you need a good safe. You can get good safes that 99.999% of kids will not be able to get in to at a lot lower price than mine. I'm tellin' ya, there's no kid going to get into it unless they've had some kind of serious training.

Some people buy those little cheap safes that can be cracked open with a screw driver or pry bar. Stay away from those. They are worthless. Also, there are ways to strengthen your storage units so that it will make it very hard for robbers to get in it but that's another thread. You have to think like a robber in order to thief-proof something.

Buying bullet-proof blankets is just covering the problem. Gun owners need to lock up their guns instead of hiding them under the mattress and most of this would stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join