It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the entire science of Psychiatry a fraud?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
jon rappoport is a self hating jew like henry makow - they write some good stuff here and there (i love his recent article comparing street cartels to big pharma) but overall they're kinda nutty

psychiatry is not a psuedoscience but more specifically a soft science
edit on 13-6-2014 by ReubenSchwartzschild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
At the risk of going off topic, the CDC publishes some rather interesting maps of ADHD:
www.cdc.gov...

Normally, one does not use similar colours on a heat map unless one wishes to obfuscate something. In this case, ADHD is very much an Eastern US phenomena.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snoopy1978
Educate yourself a little.

What most believe is education, is in reality indoctrination.

Just like the MSM, education is one massive LIE.

As another man without a high school diploma, I discovered many years ago that the "educated" class is generally not educated at all, it is mis-educated. The whole purpose of American (perhaps all "western") "higher education" is obviously to bring minds into lock step with "The Agenda." As a general rule, the less official American education a person has been exposed to, the greater his/her ration of common sense.

"Education" is Spiritual Suicide

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe."

Secret Societies - Who Controls Knowledge?

The Illuminati realized they had to deceive an entire population of people if they had any hope whatsoever of achieving their coveted New World Order. As early as 1911, the Illuminati began buying textbook writing companies, until they owned them all after World War I. Once they got control of textbooks, they gradually began to "dumb down" the curricula and rewrite history. Rewriting history was the first step in achieving the New World Order. Source

edit on 13-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
A system supressing natural cures and promoting psychyatry with dangerous pills giving more side effects than it could ever cure the patient sounds extremely alarming.

The way we deal with psychotics is archaic at best, their aim is totally off...
Yet, they keep aiming at the same place, digging the hole deaper and deaper.

Anyway, what can you expect for a system which capitalises on having sick people and keeping them sick?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The field of Psychiatry seems more likely to treat a cognitive issue without getting to the core of the problem .I know that some do try but for the most part they have a licence to wright up that prescription collect a decent pay and maybe get a free holiday from the larger Pharma companies .They do have a higher rate of suicide or so I have read .

Cognitive science en.wikipedia.org... should be where a person or Psychiatrists really gets to the meat of the matter .I am not sure what the basic criteria is and would imaging would vary with regions .Like any trade or profession you are going to get good ones and bad ones . The subject matter is eminence and I dare say getting in and getting out of school produces more bad ones then good ones . Qualia en.wikipedia.org... is one aspect that some see as being crucial ." Erwin Schrödinger (1887-1961), the famous physicist, had this counter-materialist take:
The sensation of color cannot be accounted for by the physicist's objective picture of light-waves. Could the physiologist account for it, if he had fuller knowledge than he has of the processes in the retina and the nervous processes set up by them in the optical nerve bundles and in the brain? I do not think so.[2] "

We really don't know all the information we receive in our life through senses we may have and are not aware of .Metaphysics en.wikipedia.org... is a subject I have been looking at but from the quantum level .If the conscious plays a roll in reality then how does it do it ? And if there are beings we cant see then how might they influence our minds . My dad was murdered by a guy that said the devil told him to do it .We read and hear about this a lot of the time and who knows that if some of these crazies didn't off themselves or got killed in the process of committing these crimes wouldn't say the same thing . The guy that killed my dad is on medication and free .Oh and 4 years after my dads death he killed again . Same story and then back on the same medication . a reply to: one4all

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderGetty
the CDC publishes some rather interesting maps of ADHD...

Seriously, the CDC?

No WONDER some here are so confused.

CDC has absolutely ZERO credibility.

They do not CONTROL disease.

In fact it does just the OPPOSITE.

The CDC is just another Illuminati front organization:

"The CDC would be the last place in the world to go for information regarding health. The CDC is a government bureacracy funded by theft (taxation that has reached confiscatory levels) and run by white collar criminals who regularly misinform and misdirect the public while creating pandemonium in the marketplace (unnecessary destruction of livestock, recalls etc) and conspiring to incite public panic on an almost daily basis, in violation of the constitution of the United States."-- Dr Duffy DC

"Asking the CDC to look into vaccine safety is like asking the fox to guard the chicken coop."-- Dr Bernard Rimland

"The CDC did two studies, one study on diabetes and one on asthma.............The studies represent pure junk science that is primarily propaganda."-- Bart Classen

www.whale.to...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

But... But... CDC stands for Centre for Disease Control... :-)

Now I agree that this organisation isn't clear on what exactly they are involved in controlling when it comes to disease. Most assume it is preventing the spread of disease but that isn't necessarily the case. Anyway, they do collect, fabricate, and report on various statistical aspects of disease spread.

I would use a different source if I knew of one. They are often deliberately misleading and even fraudulent, but when I saw those maps, showing a distribution in direct conflict to their claims, and clearly presented in a way to suggest something else entirely then I figured there is an element of truth to them.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The way a person acts gets labeled .The cause of those actions may vary and could be corrected with simple truths .I am not saying that you cant change the way they act with some kind of substance . Some people get violent with alcohol and some people mellow out with other substances .Not everyone responds the same way to a particular medication .I have had friends that were on a cocktail of drugs because they were depressed .They had a good reason to be depressed as I seen it ,so actually taking the time to convince them that there life mattered and coming to grips with the hand they were dealt actually got them off the medication .

Take cognitive dissonance en.wikipedia.org... ..now consider that the person may not just have 1 or 2 counter truths running through there mind but have a legion of them .How dysfunctional would that condition play out in there mind and how would they act .Some of the drugs people get on a daily basis is incredible . a reply to: Snoopy1978

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I would like to give you a dozen stars for that post .. a reply to: Murgatroid

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

But... But... CDC stands for Centre for Disease Control... :-)

Now I agree that this organisation isn't clear on what exactly they are involved in controlling when it comes to disease. Most assume it is preventing the spread of disease but that isn't necessarily the case. Anyway, they do collect, fabricate, and report on various statistical aspects of disease spread.

I would use a different source if I knew of one. They are often deliberately misleading and even fraudulent, but when I saw those maps, showing a distribution in direct conflict to their claims, and clearly presented in a way to suggest something else entirely then I figured there is an element of truth to them.

I hear where your coming from.

It's kinda like the "news", we all know the MSM is lies, but WTF...

We have to know what's going on somehow.

It's a huge dilemma.

Apparently Morpheus was right...

“The matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on the television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. IT IS THE WORLD THAT HAS BEEN PULLED OVER YOUR EYES TO BLIND YOU FROM THE TRUTH. ~ Morpheus – “The Matrix.”

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Some of the most messed up people I knew in college, mean and vindictive, were majoring in psychology in order to become psychiatrists (who mainly write prescriptions and rake in the cash). Unlike Scientology, psychiatry is prone to giving shock treatments, immobilizing "patients" (read "victims"), tying them up in knots of drugs which they wouldn't take themselves or give to their mothers, and dosing out those uber-expensive drugs in TV advertisements where the list of side-effects goes on as long as the pitch to buy the snake oil. Yeah, Scientologists, they're the evil ones. Boo, Boo, Scientology. Get a life, Scientologists.
edit on 13-6-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I am sorry to hear of your personal Family tradgedy.

I believe we need to all have a right to rely on society to HELP us identify and isolate dangerous minds,and when an individuals mind causes them to repeatedly clash with societys laws then those individuals need to be in prison where they cannot break the law.

We cannot medicate justice, we cannot hide potential harm behind an unreliable shield of pharmacutical drugs.

When you tangibly break laws you need to be recognised as a threat,if you are given drugs to hide these naturally occuring tendancies you have then that is a leveraged risk society is accepting willingly,or in this case is being manipulated into accepting by a Trillion Dollar Pharm Industry.

Dont worry,they are repealing Marijuana laws everywhere and will need to feed the prisons for profit business somehow,and it will be by incarcerating dangerous minds instead of hiding them behind Pharmacuticals,all TPTB need to do is outlaw these Psyciatric drugs and then all of these peoples symptoms being hidden will begin to surface,they will commit crimes,and refill the prisons being emptied by drug law changes.

What we are seeing is Big Pharma dis-enfranchising an arm of their business.

They will continue to de-bunk Psyciatry until society demands that they stop giving people drugs causing mass murders ect, then they will do as we ask and stop giving out these drugs they INTENTIONALLY PLANETED on a societal level knowing full well that their long term investments will now pay off by re-filling prisons for them immediatly.

We as a society need to allow people to be who they are and then we can identify and accomodate dangerous minds ,we can do this by simply watching their natural evolution into anti-social law breakers and we will then catch them very very early, when they consistantly re-offend we can see they have these issues.

If you are evolving into a dangerous mind Society has many many checks and balances to identify and help you.

It is only when we undermine these societal safeguards by issuing pharmacutical drugs which hide and suppress dangerous tendencies that we become vulnerable.

We have the processes and facilitys to help these people and to protect society in general in doing so.

But we have the Big Pharma indusrty fighting us and gaining ground at will.

We as Societys are simply lucky they are needing to re-fill the prisons with long term customers,because without this need they would have kept pumping these drugs into everyone.

Believe me all of the myriad of small crimes that people not on meds will commit will keep the justice system rolling to eternity,and it is the historys of these small crimes which will happen early in life and show recitivivsm which will accurately target the developing dangerous minds.

Within one year we will see an explosion of small crimes and a drastic reduction in mass murders. we will then see an entirely new system set up to identify and deal with dangerous minds we are identifying early when they are not medicated ,one not defined by Psyciatry or Big Pharma.

No murderer should ever see freedom again once convicted.

If we took a Global referendum of the issue Capitol Punishment would be immediatly endorsed Globally for certain crimes including murder.

In the past the Prisons for profit industry has WANTED these people back on the street re-offending as it was what kept them making money.

Today they are being outed left and right and are being investigated so they have had to find an alternative customer base,their artificially supported MJ and other laws which have historiclly supported their businesses cannot be used anymore so they are simply rearranging their customer base to now include mentally ill people who wil, soon not be medicated and will then commit many small crimes untill society notices instead of remaining hidden and suppressed until they commit mass murders.

They have arranged it so WE will ASK them to do this,to imprison un-medicated people,because we will want this over mass murders in our schools.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
Oh noooos the Seretonin! I am positive this chemical is related to depression and anxiety, and I am sure it varies in different people, but artificially supplementing it's uptake (via manufactured chemicals) stunts your ability to produce it naturally. SSRI's are like illicit drugs in this regard. The zoloft withdrawal is pretty harsh too.

Chocolate, exercise, sunlight, and healthy eating habits, are proven to be just as if not more effective in providing a Seretonin boost. Often times it's environment and lifestyle influencing these fluctuations... Like being trapped inside for long cloudy winters. Get a sunlamp, eat some chocolate.

"Antidepressants controlling tools of your system
Making life more tolerable. .."

A sunlamp, exercise and chocolate will give you the same serotonin boost a SSRI does? No.

Chocolate and exercise give you a small bump of dopamine, not serotonin. There is another class of meds like wellbutrin that act as dopamine reuptake inhibitors. I bet you knew that, though, being a doctor in psychiatry/neurology and all. I mean, you go online and tell people matter-of-factly that antidepressants are basically poison. Futhermore, via your rant, you not so subtly suggest people disregard their personal physician's advice and stop use of their medication. Well then, you must certainly be a trained medical professional and not a know-nothing internet bigot, right? Riiight?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderGetty

At a fundemental level, this is correct. They have no tests, so they can reach no accurate diagnosis. Not science.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Totally agree with OP. Ever hear of the thousand dollar handshake? This is where a psychiatrist comes in kind of like a contractor for the hospital's mental ward. The guy goes around talks to each doped up patient for about 10 mins and then makes a diagnosis and collects a fee.

If the science was legit they would perform more than a brief verbal exam to determine a diagnosis to prescribe medication.

Another Scientology piece on YouTube did a great job of showing this info. I don't agree with Scientology and know that they have a vested interest in competing for the ability to charge for mental health but they sent in patients to multiple doctors with the same symptoms and all of the doctors prescribed different medications and diagnosis. This does not fly in the real world of medicine.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply . Our system of justice and the corrupt nature of it really sucks you know . No doubt we need a prison system to contain the threat .I would never vote for capital punishment though . Not because these people don't deserve to die, but because the system does not look for the truth .A completely innocent man defended by a incompetent lawyer against a well funded over zealous prosecutor and a corrupt judge stands no chance .It becomes too little too late after the power is turned off . I would go along with anyone convicted with a capital crime having the offer to take his own life though .Give him what ever option ie gun,poison,electric, rope ,what ever . I would like to see a option for someone to actually get help .In Canada a life sentence is not for life but has a 25 year shelf life to it .

I would imagine there have been many discussions addressing reforms . One thing I would really like to see is a test for all politicians and anyone in a position of power .There has to be a way to counter the psychosis we find or think we see at the top . a reply to: one4all

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Snoopy1978

You're talking out your bum! Wellbutrin is a multi-neurotransmitter inhibitor, not just dopamine. Very freaky stuff.

Chocolate has many pharmacological properties, one of which is various constituents acting as a mild MAO-I inhibitor. Guess what that bumps up? Not just dopamine!

Choco-Smiles

Exercise and serotonin turnover in Rats

This is all very much more complicated than the idiot pill pushers make it out to be. Trying to find happiness from a little pill is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snoopy1978
Well then, you must certainly be a trained medical professional and not a know-nothing internet bigot, right? Riiight?

I'll take my chances with the know-nothing internet bigots thank you very much.

At least THEY aren't out to "depopulate" all of us...

"The medical industry is no longer to be trusted. We have a Medical Inquisition. The Rockefellers took it over way back and warped a lot of it. Our doctors are brainwashed. The Rockefellers are dedicated to population reduction and are using the medical industry to do it." Confessions of a Medical Heretic

"The medical cartel, at the highest level, is not out to help people, it is out to harm them, to weaken them. To kill them. At one point in my career, I had a long conversation with a man who occupied a high government position in an African nation. He told me that he was well aware of this. He told me that WHO is a front for these depopulation interests." The Medical Mafia

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

At the risk of going off topic, the CDC publishes some rather interesting maps of ADHD:
www.cdc.gov...

Normally, one does not use similar colours on a heat map unless one wishes to obfuscate something. In this case, ADHD is very much an Eastern US phenomena.

Southeast mainly.

And it looks like the midwest and Texas are best at being good little slaves and taking their medicine.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article that I likewise found this morning, today, on another thread actually. I concerns a gal in Denmark who has been incarcerated due to the fact that doctors cannot seem to agree upon the origins of her ailment.
Apparently also, her situation, Kar. Hansen, seems to be moving press and journalism, Human Rights organizations, and all other types of supportive organizations worldwide.. here is a link to the story, and I share it with you in an effort to raise awareness about her situation in particular, and about the abuses of gov. psychiatry in general: mecfsblog.com...

Read it! This is the headline to the newsstory:
Kill or Cure : Karina Hansen ME Patient Incacerated For Psychiatric Treatment In Denmark
edit on 13-6-2014 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join