It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive water reservoir discovered towards Earth's core

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Three times the volume of the oceans that COVER the earth, I'm not buying it.
Can that much water fit into a bucket that size?
I know there are reservoirs in spots, but something that size I seriously doubt.
I really don't care either.
Earth is just a place for me to stand and sculpt for my gardening habits, to place my dwelling.
Nothing more.
And if someday my land fell off the edge of the world or the waters of the deep come to reclaim it, oh well at least I get to be the lucky one witnessing it!
But I just don't buy the thought that there is that much water down there.

There's a picture that shows how much water is in our oceans and rivers:

water.usgs.gov...

The larger sphere is 860 miles in diameter (all the oceans). The smaller sphere is 159 miles in diameter.
Squash the larger one into a hollow sphere and it would fit comfortably inside the mantle of the Earth.

It would be very easy to triple or quadruple the size and it would still fit inside the mantle. Those water molecules
would slip between the rock crystal grains in the same way that water can be mixed with sand.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

SnF! Even tho this isn't news to people who believe an all
powerful supreme being (God) does exist.....Eternally.

And could therefore possess enough power over his creation,
to have them write down word for word, with their own hands.
The exact message of love he wants us to have, towards the end
of this world. That is undoubtedly fast approaching.

So much for the impossibility of the flood.

edit on Rpm61414v402014u47 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

As that song "Once In A Lifetime" by the talking heads goes. And I quote

" Water dissolving...and water removing, There is water at the bottom of the ocean, Carry the water at the bottom of the ocean, Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
Into the blue again/in the silent water
Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.
"

Hey who would have thunk it eh? Not only is there water at the bottom of the ocean, but there is water at the bottom of the earth.

Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2014 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That being you call God, the one and only that supposedly created everything yet focuses entirely on meaningless sidequests like in some video game, not only never existed, but the ORIGINAL Creative Force, dissolved itself into EVERYTHING, which is why it is so easy for the more advanced beings to continue to play with us like toys..

So lucky for them, that no one is around to do a dam thing about it, meanwhile every religion ever made, convinces EVERYONE that some kind of Divine Plan is at work , and going well and truly as it is meant to be....

It will take an amazing amount of work to begin to scrape the DNA locked gates, to allow most of you to barely see any of this ..........

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Why look at what makes no sense?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: ParasuvO

Why look at what makes no sense?

Why would you say such a thing considering how ridiculous the Ark myth is. I would think you would be far more careful with your words.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
One find a nice scientific discovery and 8/10 people turn it to a bible fest of floods ans what not, only in ATS

We need someone to relate this to aliens too please

Sorry to Burst your area here..

What did you expect ?

Why there is a Outcry.. The One that Believes in the Old testament aka parts of the Torah..

Saying in the Legends of Noah that the Water came from the Ground Up and Sprout forth like Pillar's aka Geysers

The Question is HOW ? In What Way The Cause.. That what Science always will Stumble upon ..

years ago there is claims of Discovery of a Whole Ocean of Saturated Water ( Soaked up like a Sponge within the Crust ) underneath China

Ohh Aliens LOL

They Live in the Crust and I guess thats where those USO's go too LOL.. Those Angels ( watchers ) ELyon , Anmunaki, Cive 3s what have you.. LOL! and of Course the Hollow Earth Theory Admiral Bird as said !!

Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth
Ker Than | February 28, 2007 08:28am ET
www.livescience.com...

Vast ocean trapped under core of Earth, scientists say

Scientists say reservoir with three times more water than on surface lies within our planet

www.scmp.com...

There’s a Huge Underground Ocean That Could Explain the Origin of Seas

Melissa Hellmann

June 13, 2014
time.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
wouldnt it be subject to heat that deep under?

Its not like we have ever seen a water volcano.

Geyser.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The earth is flat??? The bible says the earth is a sphere and a circle...

a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You're just embarrassing yourself now. Nobody ever believed the earth was flat until modern times.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

And the tree you are referring to was in a dream...it wasn't real and it's meaning was made clear:

Your Majesty, you are that tree! You have become great and strong; your greatness has grown until it reaches the sky, and your dominion extends to distant parts of the earth.

How ignorant you are, telling other people to read something you so obviously have not.

a reply to: Grimpachi

edit on 14-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Your source is about the views held during the middle ages not to be confused with what the bible said.

Since this has already been debated I borrowed this compilation from anther thread. The source material is your bible references below to the passages.

According to the Bible the earth is a flat, immovable disk, supported by pillars and covered with a solid vault of heaven, the rim of which is is resting on the perimeter of the disk of the earth, and the stars are just lights set in the vault of heaven.
In1 Samuel 2:8 and 75:3, it is placed on pillars. And being on pillars, suggest it has an underside and a top side, as confirmed by Isaiah 40:22 which says that the earth is a flat disk.

In Hebrew the word translated as "circle" in Isaiah 40:22 it is chuwg, this means "circle" not "sphere." Strong's Concordance circle describe a circle.
In 40:22. The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament circle the earth is conceived as a disc.
In the Hebrew-Aramaic and English Lexicon of the Old Testament: "draw round, make a circle." If a sphere were meant, the Hebrew word "duwr" would have been used.
In Job 26:7 when it says that the earth hangs over nothing, as referred several times in the Bible. Is referring to a flat earth that has an underside and under the earth is the abyss. NOT a sphere!

There are in fact several other verses in the Bible that say the earth is flat, look in Nebuchadnezzar's vision in Dan 4:10-11 (if the earth were not flat, the tree could not be seen from all the earth). Furthermore in Dan 2:28 concludes that the visions of Nebuchadnezzar are from God. The biblical god clearly says the biblical earth is flat, is god lying?

If we continue to look in Exodus 39:3 we see reference to beating out metal into plates or expanses of the metal. This is the firmament, or sky, solid, beaten out expanse or vault set on the rim of the flat disk of the earth. This is confirmed in Job 37:18.
Also see..19:1-6, Isaiah 13:4-5, and Matt 24:31. In Matt 24:29 the stars in the biblical cosmos are just lights set in the firmament. They will fall to the earth in the Last Days.

So like I said if science could ever find that damn tree or verify the earth is flat then the bible may gain some credence.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
See my edit about the tree. And the flat earth link applies.

Source your quote. Because exodus 39:3 is about making something to wear...nothing to do with heaven.

Your quote also uses the tree...which again only required someone to read 3 more versus to see what it meant...
edit on 14-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You want same sources other than references to the bible. OK.

answers.yahoo.com...

www.answerl.com...

Why do christians lie?

The Bible's Scientific Absurdities!

www.lhup.edu...

To deny that the bible said the earth is flat is absurd.

There are plenty of other sources, but I am pretty sure you have a search engine just do what I did to find these type in Bible passages of a flat earth.

If you cant here are my search results their are 11900 links www.bing.com... c9d078f493d8c2a933ae1ba374e
edit on 15-6-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I posted the following in a similar thread about a discovery of water in the earth
Abovetopsecret

Here is the post:

originally posted by: Observationalist
There is a theory that accounts for the amount of water to create a worldwide flood.
Hydorplate Theory proposed by Walt Brown

The Hydroplate theory asserts that before the Flood, approximately 50% of the water in present oceans was contained in underground reservoirs, a huge underground body of water about 10miles under the surface. One huge supercontinent would have covered the surface of the Earth, including some small mountains and small oceans

Nutshell view of Walt Browns perspective:

1) A shell of granite surrounded the Earth, resting on a layer of water under great pressure. Below the water was besalt rock (or whatever is pre-melted oceanic rock).

2) The shell ruptured a shot out water alone a line that we now call the mid-oceanic ridge (a feature which must be explained in any Flood model)

3) This rupture phase widened to about 800 miles width shooting up rocks, sediments and water (some into space, giving birth to comets, a whole other topic)

4) The removed crust created a vacuum to be filled. This caused the Mantle to move to fill the vacuum. This movement began in the Atlantic.

5) The move towards the Atlantic caused the Mantle to start a chain event that went through the Mantle sucking down the Pacific as the Atlantic rose.

6) This sucking down of the Pacific caused the Pacific plate to be sucked into the Earth (already detached along the mid-oceanic ridge). Also created the trenches, extensive volcanic activity and Ring of Fire.

7) As the Atlantic rose the plates started to slide away from the rising ridge in both directions in the Atlantic.

8) As the moving plates slowed and piled up on themselves, they thickened and created the present continents which are about 3 times as thick as the original granite shell

It was also discussed on a thread here on ATS back in 2007. Link

The more I hear about this stuff the more possible his theory seems.
So I agree A global flood as presented in the bible is not at all out of the question.

Edit: Lost part of the original post in transition, it shows in my editor but not here. That's fine you can click the links to see the whole post.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Observationalist because: Missing part of post

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: stormcell

SnF! Even tho this isn't news to people who believe an all
powerful supreme being (God) does exist.....Eternally.

And could therefore possess enough power over his creation,
to have them write down word for word, with their own hands.
The exact message of love he wants us to have, towards the end
of this world. That is undoubtedly fast approaching.

So much for the impossibility of the flood.

I was wondering how long it would take for the creationist flood myth guys to come out of the woodwork. Maybe there's just water in the earth? Just a crazy outlandish conspiracy theory to throw at you.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff here. Flagging this thread for all the interesting perspective people took the time to offer.

I think this goes to show exactly how little we understand about the very planet we live on. I can accept that. Can you?

This 'water' ... trapped at depth. I wonder what it's like. Here's an interesting wiki article on rock mass plasticity to show you where my mind leaped.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

doesnt know whats being talked about or describe any possible method of the water being freed from the stone in large amounts
only know the words water and underground
water underground?!?!?! noahs flood!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

An ultra-deep diamond found in Juína, Brazil contained inclusions of ringwoodite—the only known sample of natural terrestrial origin

from wiki.

so they DONT know if its true?
they just THINK its there???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join