It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: g146541
Three times the volume of the oceans that COVER the earth, I'm not buying it.
Can that much water fit into a bucket that size?
I know there are reservoirs in spots, but something that size I seriously doubt.
I really don't care either.
Earth is just a place for me to stand and sculpt for my gardening habits, to place my dwelling.
And if someday my land fell off the edge of the world or the waters of the deep come to reclaim it, oh well at least I get to be the lucky one witnessing it!
But I just don't buy the thought that there is that much water down there.
" Water dissolving...and water removing, There is water at the bottom of the ocean, Carry the water at the bottom of the ocean, Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!
Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
Into the blue again/in the silent water
Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.
originally posted by: Indigent
One find a nice scientific discovery and 8/10 people turn it to a bible fest of floods ans what not, only in ATS
We need someone to relate this to aliens too please
Your Majesty, you are that tree! You have become great and strong; your greatness has grown until it reaches the sky, and your dominion extends to distant parts of the earth.
According to the Bible the earth is a flat, immovable disk, supported by pillars and covered with a solid vault of heaven, the rim of which is is resting on the perimeter of the disk of the earth, and the stars are just lights set in the vault of heaven.
In1 Samuel 2:8 and 75:3, it is placed on pillars. And being on pillars, suggest it has an underside and a top side, as confirmed by Isaiah 40:22 which says that the earth is a flat disk.
In Hebrew the word translated as "circle" in Isaiah 40:22 it is chuwg, this means "circle" not "sphere." Strong's Concordance circle describe a circle.
In 40:22. The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament circle the earth is conceived as a disc.
In the Hebrew-Aramaic and English Lexicon of the Old Testament: "draw round, make a circle." If a sphere were meant, the Hebrew word "duwr" would have been used.
In Job 26:7 when it says that the earth hangs over nothing, as referred several times in the Bible. Is referring to a flat earth that has an underside and under the earth is the abyss. NOT a sphere!
There are in fact several other verses in the Bible that say the earth is flat, look in Nebuchadnezzar's vision in Dan 4:10-11 (if the earth were not flat, the tree could not be seen from all the earth). Furthermore in Dan 2:28 concludes that the visions of Nebuchadnezzar are from God. The biblical god clearly says the biblical earth is flat, is god lying?
If we continue to look in Exodus 39:3 we see reference to beating out metal into plates or expanses of the metal. This is the firmament, or sky, solid, beaten out expanse or vault set on the rim of the flat disk of the earth. This is confirmed in Job 37:18.
Also see..19:1-6, Isaiah 13:4-5, and Matt 24:31. In Matt 24:29 the stars in the biblical cosmos are just lights set in the firmament. They will fall to the earth in the Last Days.
originally posted by: Observationalist
There is a theory that accounts for the amount of water to create a worldwide flood.
Hydorplate Theory proposed by Walt Brown
The Hydroplate theory asserts that before the Flood, approximately 50% of the water in present oceans was contained in underground reservoirs, a huge underground body of water about 10miles under the surface. One huge supercontinent would have covered the surface of the Earth, including some small mountains and small oceans
Nutshell view of Walt Browns perspective:
1) A shell of granite surrounded the Earth, resting on a layer of water under great pressure. Below the water was besalt rock (or whatever is pre-melted oceanic rock).
2) The shell ruptured a shot out water alone a line that we now call the mid-oceanic ridge (a feature which must be explained in any Flood model)
3) This rupture phase widened to about 800 miles width shooting up rocks, sediments and water (some into space, giving birth to comets, a whole other topic)
4) The removed crust created a vacuum to be filled. This caused the Mantle to move to fill the vacuum. This movement began in the Atlantic.
5) The move towards the Atlantic caused the Mantle to start a chain event that went through the Mantle sucking down the Pacific as the Atlantic rose.
6) This sucking down of the Pacific caused the Pacific plate to be sucked into the Earth (already detached along the mid-oceanic ridge). Also created the trenches, extensive volcanic activity and Ring of Fire.
7) As the Atlantic rose the plates started to slide away from the rising ridge in both directions in the Atlantic.
8) As the moving plates slowed and piled up on themselves, they thickened and created the present continents which are about 3 times as thick as the original granite shell
It was also discussed on a thread here on ATS back in 2007. Link
originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: stormcell
SnF! Even tho this isn't news to people who believe an all
powerful supreme being (God) does exist.....Eternally.
And could therefore possess enough power over his creation,
to have them write down word for word, with their own hands.
The exact message of love he wants us to have, towards the end
of this world. That is undoubtedly fast approaching.
So much for the impossibility of the flood.