It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive water reservoir discovered towards Earth's core

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I think the US would evaluate the briefing from the interior house inhabitants sent to the house roof inhabitants and carry on w/o attempting to make a weapon to free this un studied fluid like material... Don't worry
Got to remember the planet needs a natural oil like lubricant for its many movements...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Here is my theory. The earth originated from a large ice planet like ganymede and a collision with a
giant metal planet that is now our core. The rest is formed of rock asteroids and comets.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Inner earth, merman's, the great flood...reptilians?

Many of the things we dismiss and believe false could be one day brought to light.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

You mean the things we have intentionally been led to dismiss and disbelieve right?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Three times the volume of the oceans that COVER the earth, I'm not buying it.
Can that much water fit into a bucket that size?
I know there are reservoirs in spots, but something that size I seriously doubt.
I really don't care either.
Earth is just a place for me to stand and sculpt for my gardening habits, to place my dwelling.
Nothing more.
And if someday my land fell off the edge of the world or the waters of the deep come to reclaim it, oh well at least I get to be the lucky one witnessing it!
But I just don't buy the thought that there is that much water down there.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

That's what I love about ATS, we don't only think outside the box...there is no box.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Nice that science finally catches up with the Biblical description of reality in terms of water deep in the earth.

Sorry mate, this isn't a case of science vindicating, supporting or catching up with religion.....its a case of religion trying to bend new scientific findings to fit dogma and doctrinal scripture.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
huh wow, that's quite startling that there's so much water deep inside Earth, amazing

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I wonder if Mars holds the same water reservoir in its mantle!!

Regarding Noah's flood, this doesn't prove it as that water is probably extremelly hot and it doesn't turn to gas because it's under enormous pressure. If the mantle was to crack, the water would be released as steam, not liquid.

Thanks for sharing! S&F !!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Actually, the text has always indicated that the earth was a sphere hanging in space.

Idiotic claims otherwise are just that.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
One find a nice scientific discovery and 8/10 people turn it to a bible fest of floods ans what not, only in ATS

We need someone to relate this to aliens too please

i know Indi, I cringed when I saw those posts. It's maddening that people are so inept at reading that they think this is a literal ocean of H2O & nothing else.

Maybe they need a better every day item to use as a parallel. Uncooked pancake batter should do in this case. Think about it in that sense, Middle Earthers & bible thumpers. There's water in the mix, but there isn't vast separate expanses of it in the bowl. Or better yet, when that pancake is subjected to the pan/griddle, there's your ringwoodite. It's not an exact parallel, but good enough for the thread unless someone can think up something better.

And here's a paper on ringwoodwite. Hopefully it explains what people aren't getting (yes, it's a bit on the technical side)
www.earth.northwestern.edu...

edit on 6/13/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/13/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Your assumptions about my assumptions are inaccurate.

I merely take at face value, the text's assertions that there's water deep in the earth. Period.

Therefore, imho, this research is interesting and affirming of the text.

The particular form and mechanisms involved are not all that critical to me, at all.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
this sounds alot like proof for the Hollow Earth theory.

How so, exactly?

What does this story about water saturating the rocks of the mantle have anything to do with a hollow Earth?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Three times the volume of the oceans that COVER the earth, I'm not buying it.
Can that much water fit into a bucket that size?
I know there are reservoirs in spots, but something that size I seriously doubt...

The Oceans don't really make up that much of the total volume of the earth.

Sure, it may be true that the oceans cover about 71% of the surface of the earth, but by total volume, the percentage of the surface water is only 0.02% of the entire Earth's volume.

So, yeah -- the bucket is big enough.

edit on 6/13/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
One find a nice scientific discovery and 8/10 people turn it to a bible fest of floods ans what not, only in ATS

We need someone to relate this to aliens too please

One person mentions the bible in a discussion thread and then someone makes up some baseless stat about how the majority of people are idiots. But of course they them self belong to the special minority who has a grasp on reality so they can feel smarter and superior. Only on ATS

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I get no problem with the bible, its as good as peter pan or any other fantasy book i just dont like the obsession people got with it that have to relate everything to their fantasy novel

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Honestly I've always loathed the "comets made the oceans" theory. To me it's a silly notion and the fact that it would take 12,0000,0000,00000 comets to produce that much water makes me wonder if the people who proposed this are worthy of being scientists.

Good stuff, s&f

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Honestly I've always loathed the "comets made the oceans" theory. To me it's a silly notion and the fact that it would take 12,0000,0000,00000 comets to produce that much water makes me wonder if the people who proposed this are worthy of being scientists.

Good stuff, s&f

It would only take ICE compound moon sized to impact a rocky HOT world that is forming to cool it and produce atmosphere...

If engineered, pull - guide cooling to be planet material into hypothesized growth range of the potential inhabitants near STAR.
Impact mineralized & radiated celestial object with liquid growing bio material ice compound wait for it to cool then impact it with destined bio materials to grow on it later (panspermia directed). Give it time to adjust mold and check in on them thru time

edit on 6/13/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

What an arrogant perspective.

YOU relate EVERYTHING

YOU perceive, think about, comment on

drum roll . . . TO YOUR VALUES AND COSMOLOGY!

= = =

The OP DIRECTLY related to my values and cosmology.

Yet I deserve hostility, dissing, censoring, punishment for commenting thereon?

Sweet.

I think it's a wonderful bit of research. I find it fascinating to ponder. It's nice that it relates to the Biblical record.

Deal with it.

How egalitarian you wish to silence others who are also human.

edit on 13/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: clarifying

edit on 13/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: left out

edit on 13/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: formatting error

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think everything came out of Earth, all life on Earth.

edit on 13-6-2014 by Ove38 because: text tix

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join