It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twilight Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Greetings ATS,

For the past couple of months I have been trying to figure out the best I can what is happening in this country. It's easy to see on the government side, NSA spying in gross violation of our rights, lying to Congress, clandestine collection of data. Sales of arms to Mexican drug lords to frame a false flag. Lying about weapons of mass destruction to invade the middle east. Lying about chemical weapon attacks to try and invade syria. Lying about the reason Benghazi happened, the response and the outcome.

I get all that, I really do, people in office, that live and breath DC, the ones that make "laws" for the rest of us, I expect nothing less.

Any half wit can understand that the people in office or in "power" not only want to stay there but also want to expand on it. This is the nature of power, it will continue to try to grow until it reaches a critical mass. Any true historian can tell you that every government in history to achieve total power over it's society has become tyrannical, brutal and authoritarian. It's not up for debate, it's in your 8th grade history book.

Our government at this time is trying so hard, using every resource available to enact "gun control" . They are pulling out all the stops, using mass media, using guilt, portraying the worst case scenario everyday on the news. Is it what they say it is?

We are at a crossroads........... Violent crime, even that caused by firearms is in decline but you will never hear that on the news. The media fuels "mass shootings" by continuing to cover them every time some asshat wants their fifteen minutes. These things are not new, shootings have been happening for centuries and before them, stabbings and rock bashing. No amount of legislation will ever eliminate the bad people from our society.

If the American people, if all of us, succomb to the hype and believe me, that is exactly what it is and we let mass media brainwashing allow ourselves to hand over our rights, our guns......... We are going to be lost as a country, as a people and as a driving force in the world. Our very existence as a country relied on guns, relied on the general public to rise up and fight tyranny in the face of insurmountable odds.

Perhaps, everything our founding fathers believed wasn't ideal but they did have some things right. They knew better than anyone that an uncontested, out of control, wildly funded federal government was the key to tyranny and as sure as your death, they got it right.

Our paramilitary police force, our shoot first and ask questions later, our policy on not holding anyone in office, any officer, any county or anyone on the state leave accountable .......... Our complete failure to offer any justice outside of taxpayer dollars for wrongdoing should tell you, show you that we can not give up our weapons, our rights.......... Our guns.

Who, in this once great but now perverse nation will right the wrong? After all that has happened, after all we have endured, after all of the lies, the betrayal, the TREASON. You want to give up the guns too?

Perhaps I grew up different, perhaps I grew up in a different America than most. Maybe I'm just different. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone when my own fellow Americans can't see how they are being manipulated and duped into submitting into compliance through basic trickery. Are this many people, this inept?

I can't see how it can be true but alas..... It appears to be so.
edit on 13-6-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I believe there is more truth in what you just said than anything I've ever read on ATS.
You get it and see the big picture, Most don't. You will be able to tell who doesn't by the responses you get here.

I also feel I grew up in another world than the one we live in but that world is gone forever and we'll never get it back.

I stay informed, vote, right letters, call representatives, go to meetings from the town level to state level and have tried to inform people for the last 25 years.

I can't point to one instance where it changed anything. Our country is on the verge of a fundamental change and there is nothing that can be done about it, it will have to just run it's natural course.

I feel sad my grandchildren will never know most the joys I had growing up and the freedoms I enjoyed but I guess they won't miss what they never knew they had.

I will live my life out on the small desert property I own and enjoy the best I can and try to educate the young ones.
As long as they stay off my little patch of earth and leave me be I'll die here when I'm a little older. They start meddling then I suppose I'll die a little sooner.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

I expect mostly the standard response from those I can only label as "liberals". People who ignore history, statistics, science and common sense to show up and tell me that for the good of all mankind we need to let our government take the guns. Mr and Ms. America, turn them all in..............

Not that the right is much better, I mean, Bush did give us the Patriot Act. The most evil freedom sucking piece of legislation in the history of America. Don't get me wrong, I understand the evil from the two headed hydra that is our false government.

My problem lies... Well, OUR problem lies with the people. The people that think that letting the government have the guns will be good for us. The problem is...... The people who have no knowledge of history or current events who actually think that is a good idea...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

I couldn't agree with you more. As to your final question about whether Americans are this inept, then simple answer is: Yes.

The vast majority of the citizenry of the U.S. (and perhaps, the world) have been dumbed down to an amazing degree, and told while it was happening that they are oh-so-intellectual for going along with it willingly, and they believe it.

I for one, do not believe things are going to get any better.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Love your post, Helious.
I honestly don't understand how we're still functioning as a society anymore and this all hasn't crumbled down yet.
People don't care about their liberties anymore and I see posts supporting further bans and intolerance to freedom rising nearly every day. It's gotten to the point where I can barely read the mass media with all the disinformation, cover stories, propaganda and lies everywhere.
I see more and more classic mainstream news outlets like Time and Fox and CNN invading all the internet news and pushing out the varied news resources we were seeing only a few years ago on the web. Same thing is happening in big sites like YouTube and FB. Instead of fresh, original pieces and sites that were blossoming because of the internet, they are becoming the same stale crap we've been force-fed through TV for years.

And no one seems to care. I feel as though I'm looking through a window at the majority of the population as they coast through their blissfully ignorant lives, completely unaware of both the atrocities that are happening more and more frequently and the power that they have to make good changes if they were to come together and try.

I think medication has more than a little bit to do with it as well. Everyone (including myself) has depression, anxiety and any number of mental and physical issues that get treated with pills that make everything seem ok for now. (I'm not on the pills myself) I think these meds are really keeping people from reacting.

At the rate they are taking our rights and liberties away, it's only a matter of time before they do take the guns and enforce even more tyranny. Nobody stops them and if anyone acts up and/or loses it from the nightmare that is this society, they get deigned as monsters who need to be put away or killed.

The situation is truly hopeless now and we have gone too far already. I'm just glad I don't have any children that will be a part of all the tyranny and crap that is to come.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Dear Helious,

As a Canuckistani I don't have a horse in the 2nd race.

I agree with you about the 'no holds barred' battle to disarm your citizenry HOWEVER I would just like to point out that the supposed reason behind it is false.

I don't believe the movement is about protecting the children. Your government has shown a profound disregard for the health and well being of the innocent and to think that is the reason behind the current corrupt campaign to render society defenceless is disingenuous.

Sweeping changes are in the wings and an armed populace puts those plans in jeopardy.

What would happen if a nuclear "event" forced the evacuation of a large portion of America?

An armed exodus into an equally armed state.

The outcome doesn't bear thinking.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Dear Helious,

As a Canuckistani I don't have a horse in the 2nd race.

I agree with you about the 'no holds barred' battle to disarm your citizenry HOWEVER I would just like to point out that the supposed reason behind it is false.

I don't believe the movement is about protecting the children. Your government has shown a profound disregard for the health and well being of the innocent and to think that is the reason behind the current corrupt campaign to render society defenceless is disingenuous.

Sweeping changes are in the wings and an armed populace puts those plans in jeopardy.

What would happen if a nuclear "event" forced the evacuation of a large portion of America?

An armed exodus into an equally armed state.

The outcome doesn't bear thinking.

Our government has shown traitorous, treasonous and usurpation action over the last decade. The executive branch acts in a rogue fashion without Constitutional or traditional law behind them. They slight, side step and ignore congress, "the voice and will of the people", they continue to manufacture new bills that directly conflict with Americas supreme laws, abuse the interstate commerce clause and just generally give us all the middle finger.

The federal government has gone rogue, is there ANYONE who can say that isn't so?
edit on 15-6-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

top topics

join