It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low flying, nearly silent aircraft skimmed my neighborhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'll try to keep this short-ish, and if anyone wants more detail, please ask.

I live in Edgewood, NM. About two months ago, at around 3am MST: I was outside in the drive way, listening to music in my car.

An aerial vehicle passed over the Northern most end of my house and directly over me (though I was not centered beneath it, it was slightly offset to my right hand side), moving in an Easterly direction. This path took it out and over the small valley that I live in, and essentially through the middle of the neighborhood therein.

I would estimate that the vehicle was no more than 50-100 feet above the roof of my house when it passed. It was dark, but the vehicle was so low that I could almost use the sort of phrases like, "It was so close I could reach out and touch it." It was moving very slowly, it had two circular lights on it, and it produced a very faint sound akin a light hum. The lights did not illuminate either the ground or the craft itself, and there was no visible projection of light in any sort of beam or field.

It flew over my house, then over me, then over the neighborhood and into obscurity. I did not get out of my car. I did not attempt to take photographs (I have a RIM 9700 mobile device - do the math, haha).

Does anyone have any idea what this craft might have been?

I believe it was fairly small in size, nothing extremely large, at all. I also considered that it may have been a drone.

For those who don't know - Edgewood, NM is about 40 miles from Kirtland Airforce Base in Albuquerque. Additionally, a company called Titan Aerospace operates out of the Moriarty Municipal Airport, located about 12 miles from my house. Titan Aerospace was recently acquired by Google.

Here is a link to Titan's website
Here's an article from the Albuquerque Journal about the company and Google

According to their website they focus their work on high-altitude drone craft, which doesn't match my experience with the valley skimming whatchamajig.

At Titan Aerospace, we’re passionate believers in the potential for technology (and in particular, atmospheric satellites) to improve people’s lives. It’s still early days for the technology we’re developing, and there are a lot of ways that we think we could help people, whether it’s providing internet connections in remote areas or helping monitor environmental damage like oil spills and deforestation. That’s why we couldn’t be more excited to learn from and work with our new colleagues as we continue our research, testing and design work as part of the Google family.

I think there were F35s at Kirtland at one point, don't think they're there any more - but they would have been much louder than the whatchamajig, and had more lighting.

Any thoughts or ideas? Greatly appreciated, all!

edit on 12-6-2014 by Taj Mikel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Taj Mikel
What was the shape of this thing?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
sure sounds like an Autonomous Drone...one without a remote control pilot with a joystick even, just advanced-autonomous computer piloting to follow roads or other topography or infrastructure (i.e.: a highway or power-lines, rivers,
even ley lines perhaps)

those 'drones' that fly coordinates & use visual clues from geographic structures have been developed since decades ago when the artist 'Christy' made islands out of fabric and constructed 'the running fence' project so the military could determine if pre-programmed nuclear Drones (AKA Cruise-Missiles) could be 'fooled' by cluttering-up the topography with misleading data to cause the programs to change course

I related my fairly similar sighting in phoenix AZ, Dec '96...
I suspected that drone flight testing was done at night in a crowded metro area to test several aspects of both the crafts abilities and to see if a 12' low gliding triangle drone would be spotted &/or cause a panic..
(there were several experimental aircraft corp. around the NV CA AZ deserts & bringing covert test flights to metro areas would be a needed test to make....And using Luke AFB as a staging area...would satisfy the path & locations this night triangle glided along)

I suggest the famous Phoenix lights incident during the Day & before 8PM was another such 'self piloted' test flight...not that late night flare drop episode
edit on th30140266730513482014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Quadcopter delivering pizza.

Get used to it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
..another blackbird singing in the dead of night

"...improving peoples lives..."

PMSL

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: moroboshi

I'm pretty sure the C.A.R.E.T stories have been debunked and the photos proven to be a hoax. Can anyone else confirm?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

ohh.. if it is a hoax my bad. i search it over ats but no results..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

No worries mate! I remember several years ago the whole SERPO thing and this (which are tied together) we hotly debated. I'm *fairly* certain it was debunked, but I'm not sure. I was wondering if anyone else on the boards remembers?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I'm pretty sure the C.A.R.E.T stories have been debunked and the photos proven to be a hoax. Can anyone else confirm?

Yes, it was a hoax.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Concur. The Caret "drones" were debunked to death here on ats. Even UFO hunters did a show on them and concluded they were fake.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I was not able to see the craft at all. Literally, the only thing(s) visible to me were the two forward facing lights. They seemed to me to obviously be lights, not any sort of "orb" or any thing like that. But the lights seemed unusual as they didn't cause any kind of back illumination on the craft itself at all, nor did they seem to illuminate the ground or project any visible beam of light outward. They were just the two "flat" looking lights. There was obviously some kind of aircraft there (I think), because I could hear it. Had those lights been off though, I may not have actually located it and instead only heard it. At no point did I get the impression that what I was seeing was extra-terrestrial or anything like that, but who knows. Thanks for your reply!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Hi, thanks for your reply! Do you have a thread on the experience you had that you mention? Is there anywhere I can read about it? Or do you care to relate it here?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: moroboshi
truthfall.com...

I'm pretty sure that's a HALO viral campaign from way back in the day. ?

ETA* My bad, you guys already covered that

edit on 16-6-2014 by Taj Mikel because: wibbly

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Probs one of them metallic cylinders like at popatapeppi volcano...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dicko

Le hmmmmm. Have a link? I searched Google for that particular volcano and didn't find it.

top topics

join