It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Is it possible for a billionaire to have his/her private military with troops, light armoured vehicles, and helicopters ?

[edit on 1-12-2004 by blacman2k6]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
If you have enough cash you could and there are a few. They are called militias.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is what PMC (private military companies) or mercs do. They are in demand more then ever. So if you were a billionarie or even a millionaire you could go out and start your own PMC.

Heres a list of some of the major PMCs

globalguerrillas.typepad.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I have always wondered about this, what if you formed a militia in the USA and you had equipment including automatic weapons, Anti-Tank Weapons, Fighter and Attack Aircraft etc...

Would the Government object? what kind of licenses are needed? definitly more than just a license for automatic weapons (level 3?)

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by blacman2k6
Is it possible for a billionaire to have his/her private military with troops, light armoured vehicles, and helicopters ?

In Norway, It is not legal to have their own army.
Although, I don't know how the rules about bodyguards are.
I wouldn't mind having 10 bodyguards. Lets say 2 former Spetnaz, 2 SAS, 2 Mossads and 2 Techies...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I have always wondered about this, what if you formed a militia in the USA and you had equipment including automatic weapons, Anti-Tank Weapons, Fighter and Attack Aircraft etc...

Would the Government object? what kind of licenses are needed? definitly more than just a license for automatic weapons (level 3?)

Everything is for sale but usually at an astounding figure. Air Capital Warbirds in Wichita KS sells just about everything. A-4's, A-7, Cobra helo. Training and certs to go with it. FAA certs.

Last year they had a block 30 F-16 and a former Blue Angels F-18 for sale to the highest bidder. Now of course classified equipment and weapons racks and gun were taken off the aircraft. But if you have the money, dont ya think you could install one after you got an airworthiness cert??

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I find this quite an intresting post,i ve always wondered whether or not you can legally register your own personnel army? i suppose in limited numbers your troops would be classed as body guards? but how many soldiers would you need to make it an official army? and at what point does this entitle you to supply your men legally with automatic weapons and in the extreme ,if your wealthy enough fighter aircraft and tanks etc?

Regards.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The thing is that at best you could get is the equivilent of a light infantry group. Even these places that sell surplus jets, you do not get any of the avionics or targeting systems.

You may be able to buy some from Russia and maybe China but the US would never allow its companies to see you say a fully equiped block 50 F-16.

Tank, missiles and the like would be black market specials at best IMHO

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Here ya go. Everything from Mustangs to a F-4 Phantom for sale.

www.globalplanesearch.com...

The F-18 ended up on ebay and Air Capitol Warbird will train ya too!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
there is a duke in scotland that has his own army , though i dont know what he does with them.
mabye plays toy soldiers with them.
anyway PMC's are quite scary. top class troops with unlimeted money.....scary.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Some billionaire guy in South Africa has his own air force. From what I remember it's things like lightnings etc...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I saw document about security / mercenary companys working in Iraq currently, there were people from all sort of backrounds SEAL's, SAS's and other special forces trained, but also in private sector people with only some working backround, not even militaristic, basically after easy money. Salarys that they stated on the document were very high. 12 000� / month for example said one SEAL.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer83
I saw document about security / mercenary companys working in Iraq currently, there were people from all sort of backrounds SEAL's, SAS's and other special forces trained, but also in private sector people with only some working backround, not even militaristic, basically after easy money. Salarys that they stated on the document were very high. 12 000? / month for example said one SEAL.

The italian guy who was killed on video (you know the guy, said "I'll show you how an Italian dies" as he was executed, real hardass) he was security.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
And if you had the licences to give away to all of your soldiers so they can carry the weapons, otherwise, you'd be stuck with an army that aren't allowed to hold or use guns!
Why would you like to know anyway, are you rich and cretaing an army?

A while back I did an estimation for 1 soldier, I think it came to somehting like $15,000-$20,000 for good soldier equitment, This includes:
Helmet
Night Vision
Uniform
Knife
Handgun
Rifle (M16 I think)
Gloves
Boots
Backpack
Ammo
Body Armour
Quite expensive, but with a million dollars you could fit up 50 soldiers well enough to have a good street brawl with the US Millitary if your men are properly trained:
Black Hawk
Army Surplus

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Nexus]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don't know about you on the moon. But here in Virginia you don't need a license to carry a firearm. Walk right into the local shopping mall with your handgun hanging from your hip if you wish. Just dont hide it............then you need ccw..............Not hard to get at all.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So you can shoot it at people, you had a license to buy it, that's what I mean...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You can shoot it at someone if you want to. It either be in obvious self defense or plan on jail. We do have the death penalty here and they do use it. Not sure how much it really deters anything though

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blacman2k6

Sure you can why not? Do a Google search "Private Military Companies". Now just how valid they are is another question, however the US does hire some according to the internet.

[edit on 12/1/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Their are currently about fifty big ones...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The U.S. hires these companies cuz it lets the U.S. gov't do military stuff that it can't do technically with the U.S. military (illegal stuff); hiring a private contractor provides a loophole.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join